Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS !!

Went looking for a couple of bikes today, had a look in plummer brothers in Dysart since I was in Dysart anyway, then went to LESLIE BIKE SHOP and the man there cut me a good deal, I am a happy bunny. They threw in a couple of other items not relating to the sale too, (well I was buying two bikes). Got some good technical advice on shimano gear systems too, learnt a couple of things as well. All in all a good day !

So the moral is, don’t miss LESLIE BIKE SHOP out if you are looking for a bike.

WELL DONE LESLIE BIKE SHOP, and well done LESLEY too.

Re: JUST IN TIME FOR CHRISTMAS !!

Funny you should say that ! , i was talking to a guy the other day that said LESLIE BIKE SHOP was the place to go cuase they knew what they were talking about. didnt get round to going, kinda forgot about it but i will go in on friday now.

Here we go again.

The poor bastard who runs Leslie Bike Shop posting as 'satisfied' customers - twice !!

Ridiculous

Have to admit that the original post does look a bit suspicious.

Went into LESLIE BIKE SHOP the other day and guess what?? it was full of bikes, couldnt believe it, so I said to Lance 'what the bloody hell is that all about'

Impressive array of helmets as well.
Not as good as mine though

Will you B@$*@**s get off my case. I did what I did for East Fife, I've been a supporter for 50 years.

You may recognise my 'handle' from other posts. I did buy 3 bikes in the last couple of years from Leslie Bike Shop and was more than satisfied. As with the prvious 'posts' I got a deal, advice and extras and that was all before I knew Andy was connected with East Fife. A more genuine guy you will not find. Since we have got rid of our 'cancer' it would appear that some people are hell bent on setting their sights on somebody else whether justified or not.

Travel Agent - agreed.

Have to agree with the travel agent - likewise I've bought a couple of bikes from Andy, got a good deal on both and found him to be genuine guy.

I don't see any problem with someone trying to promote a local business on AFTN.

Infact, they should go one further like Azz does with Cyber Solutions and post promotions on here for readers!

Sorry 'Bored'

you got it all wrong mate, i DID buy two bikes and i did get get a sweet deal and i am simply a punter in the street, just like you !

but obviously not so f*****g paranoid that is !!

Know who Mr Pink is. I reminded him when he said that he wanted two bikes about Leslie Bike Shop. I know he got a good deal and what he says is genuine. I have recommended the shop to a good few folk purely on the service I have received. Anyone tell me whats wrong with that? In fact when I have mentioned the shop to a few folk THEY have told ME what a good deal they have had in the past and that they recommend the shop as well.

I needed to buy chain lube and popped into leslie bike shop to see what they had.

WELL,

I never knew there was so many types of lube for a bike chain ! , the guy in the shop explained when you would use each one, and i came away with one tin of lube that does what i need and keeps my chain nice and easy.

bollocks !!

forgot again today just so busy at work, maybe at the weekend eh.

no wait a minute, this is friday morning i was gonna go in today

maybe just maybe

the trouble wi working shifts ........

Andy, if that was really you that posted earlier under your own name I think that you should acknowledge the support you have been given since the original thread started as we are not all b*&%+rds.

Lesley....Nice haircut. Affection]

Travel agent - it wasnt andy that posted under andy hain , twas just some to**er being wide !!

i too use the bike shop in leslie and have had nothing short of good service all the time.

Any stranger reading this thinking that 'Leslie Bike Shop' is a brothel (Hell, it sounds like one) must have their suspicions further 'aroused' with all this talk of helmets, lubes, punters and getting a special deal if you take two bikes.

Or is it just me.

think its just you mate,

everyone knows the closest brothel it in kirkcaldy up from BnQ !!

Can someone with a shiny helmet lube me up and ride me.

I've just put some lube on, I think i'll climb on for a shot.

Do you put the lube on before or after you do it? I tried lubing up when I was finished but it gave me a really stiff ride.

Why not advertise the shop like Cyber Soluitions do on here with unashamed 'off-topic' offers and news rather than two suspicious satisfied customers posts like some shoppers review on Amazon or something.

HA HA bored, im laughing at you mate, you must be one of these conspiracy theory types, black is white and blue is green to you mate, LOL

what a plank.

Thank you Lounge Lizard, but who are you?
Honest it wasn't Andy that posted at all and Mr Pink is real and did buy two bikes.

Tch Tch lesley,

digging for the identity of the compliment giver, shame on you girl !

by the way, i'm gonna go back to leslie bike shop to get mesel a freestyle helmet.

gonna buy a boat soon too, shame leslie bike shop dont sell boats, i'd go there first LOL.

PS , how's yer bum for love bites ?

went in yesterday, at last,, and got what i needed

just fine thanks are you offering more again?

Went into Stuarts the bakers today.

Got a sausage roll and a smile. They even asked if there was anything else I wanted before charging me a mere 37p.

Great service.

This is great documenting all our consumer habits.

I might go in next week for a bridie. I'll let you all know cos I'mn sure you're all really interested how it goes.

Let's hope they have exactly what I need.

Sorry Bored but you have no need to do that, I have already purchased a Bridie from Stuarts and my was it tasty, so much meat and onion not to mention the melt in your mouth pastry.
Instead why dont you try their fudge doughnuts or vanilla slices as I didnt have the room after the hearty Bridie.

Please let me and the rest of AFTN know how you get on