Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Missing Fife Fishing Boat.

Although it looks bleak,let`s all hope that the 4 fishermen are found safe.3 are from Anstruther.

Re: Missing Fife Fishing Boat.

Very worrying news.
The boat is the Meridian, quite a large vessel around 80-90 feet in length. She sent out a distress call at 22:00 last night and gave her position as 160 miles east of Aberdeen.
I've no idea who the local crew members are. We can only hope and pray that they're all found safe and well.

Remains of a boat have been found.
Not looking good...

I believe at least one of them are regular attendees at East Fife matches.
Tragic.

Names are on the bbc teletext.

Eddie Gardner and his daughter regularly went along to Bayview.
Let's hope the outcome is positive.

Very sad.
All three Fife men hailed originally from Cellardyke. I was at Cellardyke Primary School at the same time as Martin Gardner and Eddie Gardner, and have frequently seen Eddie at Bayview over the years. He's been supporting East Fife for as long as I can remember, probably back to his school days.
Ian Donald is a wee bit older than the other two, but I still knew him well back in the old days as his parents and my parents were close friends.
My thoughts are very much with the families of all those connected with this terrible tragedy.

Would just like to echo those sentiments.

My thoughts are with their families at what looks a really bleak time.

Very sad.

My thoughts too with the families

Sad news, never nice to see things like this happen but it's always worse when it's close to home.

Just been confirmed that the body found is that of Eddie Gardner.
I have it on good authority that the club have discussed doing something at the next home match.

RIP Eddie,a good guy and an East Fife diehard

RIP

Eddie was a top man. Heart goes out to all the family.
R.I.P. pal

Will miss Eddie around Bayview, Anster bowling club and the bookies.
R.I.P. Eddie

My deepest sympathies go to his family and friends.

R.I.P

On behalf of all at East Fife FC I would like to say that our thoughts are with all the families involved in this tragic event.This is particularly poignant with the discovery of the body of Eddie Gardner,a long time supporter of East Fife.We send our deepest condolences to his wife Eleanor,mother Ethel and children Duncan,Joanna and Michael.

Rest in peace,Eddie.

Will be sorely missed.

One of life`s good guys.

RIP Eddie.

I believe Eddie`s Funeral will be at 11.00am on Saturday 4th November at Cellardyke Church.
Anyone needing a lift from Leven let me know.

On behalf of all the family thank you for your kind words. We were both at New Bayview for the East Stirling game as was Joanna. Edward was excited by the prospects for the seasons campaign. Lets hope the boys provide a fitting tribute come May.