Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Shire tomorrow

See Falkirk are at home tomorrow as well what's the best way to go to miss the worst of the traffic ? I usually go across the bridge, up motorway and off at Grangemouth but this might be a bit harem scarem tomorrow - any ideas ??

Re: The Shire tomorrow

You could try going via Kincardine and then then continuing through Skinflats, turning right at the roundabout at Grangemouth.

Alternatively over Kincardine, folow the signs for Stenhousemuir but before you get there (big disappointment, I know) at the roundabout take the turn for Carronshore and go into Falkirk via Bainsford.

You turn left after the canal on to Merchiston or Dalderse Avenue - it's been many years since I've been down that way so I'm not sure which but some native wil help I'm sure.

You could try going over the Kincardine Bridge, left at first roundabout then right at next roundabout (as if you were going to Stenhousemuir).
At the next roundabout, turn left and continue for a couple of miles, passing the old Carron munitions factory (impressive facade) on the way. I would expect Falkirk town centre to be signposted by this time. Eventually you'll find yourself on the north side of the town centre, in Graham's Road. Either turn left into Wallace Street, in which case Firs Park is about 200 yards along on your right or, if you miss that turning, you'll see a retail park on your left - Firs Park is at the rear of the retail park and I THINK you can drive right through and come out the other side right beside the ground.

Clarke! Stop butting in!!!

I should have pointed oput that if you go the Carronshore route you pass the site of the former Carron Iron Works Tennis Club where I frolicked in my teens.
I expect caps to be doffed on passing.

Muchos gracias senor Clarke - see you there nae doubt