Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Play poorly, get result, win promotion.

I thought on the whole our performance - as a team - was a bit disjointed today - but that said - we won and that is usually a sign of a team going places - so it looks like promotion is on the cards - hope Blakie has an eye on building next seasons team.

Re: Play poorly, get result, win promotion.

It was a pretty poor game but the pitch was absolutely atrocious.
A very comfortable victory achieved yet again without playing particularly well.

FFS what is it with you moans. Pitch was rubbish East Fife were great, entertaining. skillful and we scored 4 goals Thank fuck we never got beat or these two moans would be really 'prophets of doom'

Not prophets of doom at all EF supporter.
I didn't think we were great or anything like entertaining for most of the match (pitch was probably a big factor today) - but that's only my opinion. We only started singing when we scored our fourth goal.

The point is we won comfortably but are capable of playing much, much better which I think is encouraging and positive.
It wasn't meant to come over as a negative post. I think this team will get better as the season progresses, so lots to look forward to.

"hope Blakie has an eye on building next seasons team"

to be honest, I think this season's team would be good enough to compete in Div2.

I dunno what Blaikie from On The Buses has to do with EFFC

Are you an alien E F Supporter? - as you dont seem to have much of an idea of the english language - NOBODY WAS MOANING! - all that was offered was an assesment of todays game - and as for I-10's suggestion that this team could perform in Div.2 - well if we wanted a bottom of the table relegation battle we could compete - but I hope those in charge of the club have more ambition than that - we would need to strengthen the squad for Div.2.

Shows how little women know about football.

Mike you must know about aliens to comment. Your not an alien just a moaning prat

Oh dear - did someone disagree with your opinion?

Well E F Supporter everyone is entitled to an opinion but typical of your generation you have to gang up and / or be abusive when someone does not agree with your views. Grow up sonny.

What generation is that Mike ?? I am sure it will have been the worst one in your eyese whichever it was