Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Thanks

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone who backed me over the years at Bayview. As you have probably heard I have returned to Central Park as a director but I can rest assured that I layed the groundwork for years of success at East Fife Football Club.

Re: Thanks

"east fife will never use their overdratf facility ever again"

very ambitious deek.

Dont think you'll find many of your backers on here Denis or whatever your name is

Except when he wanted a plastic pitch to provide full time jobs for him and Betty and was hours away from borrowing 300k from an Irish bank.

I wouldn't trust that twat to run the Wellesley weekly bonus ball correctly. He was/is useless at his job. No man management skills and no common sense. I remember that auction dinner at new bayview a couple of years ago. There i was, invited as a business man to a football club auction with a guest speaker Mr Geaghan [spelling]
Food was excellent, Mr Geaghan, excellent. Then the auction:!!! For anyone going to an auction at a football club in their own stadium you would expect football "stuff" to be on auction. Maybe a replica of George Aitkens international top that had just been presented to the club from George's family for example. A top signed by players and framed ready to hang in your business premesis. No, No. We are offered sketches of boxers [men, not dogs] and a guy who stood up and tried to sell prints of leopards and tigers in the wild. The only football things i remember being offered was a current Fife strip that Broon held up for auction like a rag [he didn't even get out of his seat] It was embarrasing to witness. I wouldn't let this man run the raffle on the supporters bus. A total idiot who somehow fawns his way into responsible positions. And another point while i'm still on the rant. If anyone reading this has anything to do with who runs the ballots at East Wemyss school during elections,? Please make sure broon is not allocated East Wemyss!!! For the reasons explained above, i do not want that twat sitting there signing people in to vote.
Please let me know in advance and i will apply to vote at another place.

Great post Bob!

Great post, but it also makes me feel sick that this went on in the name of the club. John Gahagan, and whoever else was there, must have gone away thinking East Fife is a joke club. And they were right.

The sketch of a boxer has turned up before. one was put up for auction at the centenary dinner. Did Brown's kids get a packet of crayons for Christmas?

And should the man behind the Sun coupon scandal be issuing electoral ballot papers? I don't think so.

is that first post for real ??

cannae be