Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Thanks

Thanks to everyone who turned up last night to make suggestions on how to improve support for the club.

Thanks also to all who couldn't make it but posted on AFTN.

I now have over 60 ideas which I'll collate and pass to the club later this week. I'll also post them here at some point.

We all know it will take a while probably for the relevant actions to be put in place but we've taken an important step forward.

Re: Thanks

Some good ideas were thought up and discussed between the individual groups of attendees, Eugene.
Having said that, I thought perhaps we could have selected the best ideas for debate amongst the entire assembly for, say, another half-hour.
Will we be holding a similar meeting in the near future?

I take your point Jim but the reason for not trying to decide what the best ideas are is that we need further input, especially from the club, for that.

Until we have some idea about what is possible in terms of resources and what meets the needs of the club's current plans then it's difficult to decide what ARE the best ideas.

What I hope will happen is that the ideas we put forward will be evaluated by the club and that we will be involved again once that has happened.

Ideally the ideas will be prioritised and scaled over time so that there will be lots of opportunities for us all to get involved in a variety of ways.

I agree with Jim, that the ideas that came up could have been explored further, but only so much can be done in one night. I think that it would be helpful if there was a meeting in the next couple of weeks to move things along. It was a good night, that was well marshalled by Eugene. He set out out his stall early and covered every blade of grass over the 90 minutes.

'Covered every blade of grass'

I had to laugh when I read that. It is SOOOO unlike Eugene to yap on and talk and talk and yap etc! I take it though the attendees of the meeting got a chance to speak?! There's a first!

(off to remove tongue from cheek now incase anyone is incensed by that post!)

Aye, the boy did good.