Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Official Site

The change has started.

Re: Official Site

Finally!

It looks really good now. Dave, any chance of match reports being going to be put up on the site?

looks exact same to me

Hi All

The new official east fife website just went online earlier tonight on a new server, but it could take upto 72 hours for everyone to see the new version.

Hope you like the new site

Craig
CeeJay Software - www.ceejay.net

Good stuff.

Although, as before, the team photo is noticably lop-sided. It's a 2 second job on photoshop or whatever using the 'rotate' tool.

I'd also love to see a more professional copy of our crest (an exact copy of the version on the strip not the cartoony, out of proportion one that's on the site at present and before)

Some folk are never pleased

Keep it up !!

As you will now see in the club history section, the final two parts have now been submitted (by me!!) and it really is right up to date!
The site is looking really good, but my only criticism is that the 'fixtures' section still doesn't show results. It's my belief, though, that this will change and match reports and photos from matches will be included soon.

I also meant to say, Dave Montador and Dave Marshall, the photo I took on Monday afternoon looks quite good (the one of the ground on the home page). The playing surface looks absolutely brilliant for the time of year.

Jim

The superb condition of our pitch is down entirely to the hard work put in by Davie Montador,Jim Berry and Bryan Duff, aided by a good growing season.

Jim Berry - is he the other guy I spoke to briefly on Monday? Nice chap, can't remember seeing him before.

Not THE Dave Berry, surely?

Well done, it's a massive improvement.
Hope to see more on it the weeks to come, still a bit sparse looking, but what a difference!

Er, "The Offical Website of East Fife Football Club" ?

Someone sort it please? ;-)

But it does look nice though....

The team photo has been cropped to include only the players and officials and it is much better. Just a suggestion but it may look more professional to pull out a bit and at least show the important bits of a football player ie their feet. I know I did the same thing myself and got a right bollocking for it.

By the way where is the caption for the photo advertising the silver lunch?

Can you bear with me on the progress of the website, I am trying my best to get as much information into the site as possible. I hope over the next week or so to put information on all players into their pictures along with the name of their sponsor.

If anyone has time to help out then great!!

We hope to have match reports and photographs on the site on a weekly basis, depending on the goodwill of both Jim Corstorphine and Alan Henderson

I take on board your point about the photograph and the badge but until I get a more professional badge I can change it with I thought best to go with what I had available to me.

Anyone with any suggestions further please let me know

Fiona, I think the history page is excellent. If the rest of the site gets up to that level then I think that there will be few complaints. The shop page must be the worst bit though. I think the website will be judged on how often it is updated with news.

Currently, the only sources of information are either this forum (and most of that has to be taken with a pinch of salt) and the East Fife Mail or Courier. I never used to look at the old site as it never really told me anything and was effectively moribund.

Fiona, how about a news section on injuries we have and interviews from players and management before and after matches. Even putting the columns from the programme would be good for the exiles.

Fiona, if you have the original team photo (the big file from the camera) or a larger one than whats on the home page you can email it to me and I'll have go at improving it.

Got to agree with others, its a massive improvement. Keep up the good work!!

Fiona, any chance of my ever side splitting antics making it on to the world wide web at some stage?

Sorry,but Baw Heed Bob is embarassingly unfunny and shouldn`t be on the programme,never mind the official site.
Whoever created him has absolutely no sense of humour at all.

Good to see the start of it looking more professional.

It's been a while but hopefully people with bear with you during the changes.

I know how long it can take to get everything the way you want it. I've been working on a revamp of AFTN since the summer and I've still not finished it due to a few issues, but it should be there for Christmas!