Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Grumpy B*!$rd!!

As I was off work this week using up holiday entitlement, I thought I'd have a wee trip down to Ayrshire to do some 'Ground Hopping'. Now, for those of you who are unfamiliar with this term, it's like train spotting only it's football grounds you look for.
I've been trying to go round all the Junior / non-league grounds over the past few years but this was my first visit to Ayrshire junior grounds. All was going well until I stopped at one particular ground this afternoon and saw that the gate was open.
"My luck's in!" I thought, and entered the enclosure to look for any club official that might be around to ask permission to take photos. I found such a person in a store room behind a section of covered terrace.
"Naw ye cannae", he more or less shouted at my request to take photos of his football ground.
"Ah've been instructed by the Committee tae keep a'body awa' efter the stand wis set afire! Onny wey, wha urr ye?".
"I'm just an enthusiast", I replied.
"Weel ye cannae tak onny foties" he scowled.
As I was already inside the ground, I said "Well Ok, but is it all right if I take just one photo to prove I've been here?"
pause ..... "aye, just the one then".
And so, I was allowed to take one photo inside this particular Junior ground. Actually, I took two just to annoy the officious b*$t*rd.
Anyway, what I'm trying to say is, If you're still looking for a club to associate yourself with JDB, why not try Ardrossan Winton Rovers? You and the groundsman would be like peas in a pod!!!

Re: A Grumpy B*!$rd!!

You are a sad sad man

Re: A Grumpy B*!$rd!!

Sad? Sad?
Let me tell you this, pal.
I was in ABERDEEN today ground hopping!
So, get it right up yer Ardrossan Winton Rovers!!!!!!!!!!!!!