Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Letter in Evening Telegraph

Some of you might remember this guy...

"While it was flattering to see East Fife manager Dave Baikie's name mentioned in your columns with regards to other managerial appointments, my robust response to that is "just go away!"
My second comment is directed towards the SPL clubs in general. Look over your shoulder.
Dave and his men from the Methil Maracana are coming to get you. Be afraid. Be very afraid!

Jim Dall, The Fintry Fifer.

Re: Letter in Evening Telegraph

The other week I saw Chink of 'Chink & Drew' fame and now The Fintry Fifer aka 'Silky Soccer' has turned up - what next?

If anyone's not sure who Jim Dall is, the phrase "Up my end, Scottie" might ring a bell.

Have seen chink now and then but what ever happened too wee drew was he no the tee total one

No way! The Legendary Fintry Fifer who used to go to games wearing grey trousers and East Fife top in all weathers with a carrier bag slung on his wrist. And also the poems in aftn paper version. I remember the "up my end Fife" shout at Arbroath in the early nineties, everyone was in hysterics.

Great to hear Jim is still kicking around. I remember Jim buying a "Dont follow me, follow East Fife FC car sticker" from our Levenmouth Supporters Club shop - he didn't have a car then, but told me "f*ck it, I'll stick in the livin room windae!" Miss his "silky soccer" and "excite me" chants from the 90's.

That would be amazing if he ever came back to Bayview.

He's a massive part of my memories watching the Fife by the segregation at the old Bayview.

Ever the eternal optimist.

4-0 down, 10 minutes to go, "C'mon Fife pump it up...we can do it"

He needs tracked down...

Absolutely brilliant to hear that Jim is still supporting the Fifers. It would be great to see him back at Bayview again, although I very much doubt if he's ever been at the new ground!

We should start a "Bring back Jim Dall" campaign.

Is this that man who whenever Robert Scott performed even the minutest impressive touch would bark out - "Lovely biscuits Robert, Lovely biscuits."? Legend.

Whatever happened to the other guy that used to bring loads of crisps with him? AKA "Crispathon"

Still working in Asda in Dunfermline.

That was Michael O'Neill from Dunfermline or Rosyth.

Good to see Jim's still around and supporting the Fife.

I last saw him at Dens Park during our crap First Division campaign a few years back. He's had a few problems but was getting there.

Really nice guy and even had his own column in the printed AFTNs, which I must did out at some point.

I remember the first time I met him was on a train coming back from Hampden. We got talking and he asked my name. I said who I was and he said "are you the guy that does AFTN". I said yes and he wouldn't believe me till I showed him ID!

Jim, if you're reading this get in touch mate. it would be great to hear from you again.