Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Today's Performance

Shocking first half. Vast improvment in second half. Penalty miss from Blackadder was shocking as he couldn't even hit the target. Money must be invested in new players in January as the squad looks very bare, if we are wanting to win the championship, and if not we are going to struggle to make the play offs.

Re: Today's Performance

Pampers should sponsor East Fife as we were crap at the back and pish up front.

Does Baikie have is eye on another job? I aint sure he has a long term commitment to East Fife.

We play the game to narrow and dont have enough variety or the outlet of using the wings - please note all last weeks pinheads - have not started a new posting - I got in late.

"pinheads" - come on Mike, it's fine to have a difference of opinion, but there's no need to insult fellow East Fife fans.

Whats a pin head Mike? You speaking from self experience? Nice to see your positive as usual.

Mike, you would give yourself a lot less heartache if you supported a team that you actually liked to watch.

Well Max Power I have been a supporter for over 50 years - but I have a mind of my own and do not blindly follow something just because I wear the colours - if you accept anything which is produced - particularly when it is bad - how will you get improvement? - I have seen some great players and teams since the 50's but unfortunately in the past 10 to 15 years the passion and playing for the badge has gone out of the club - not just through the fault of the players but also the management - so I might be a bit over critical sometimes - but only because I would like those days to come back to the club.

Pointing out the problems is the easy part Mike; understanding the causes, and working out a solution is the difficult part.

Mike- were you at the game? If you had been you'd have to agree that in the second half we attacked from all areas of the field and not just through the centre.

While I've often agreed with what you've said I find your constant moaning tiresome, lighten up man, this is only the third division, if you want premier league performances then support a team from that division.

Well I_10 - problem - we are not killing of inferior teams - why/ - because we play to narrow - solution - ger a wide player in - I hope that is simple enough for you.
And as for Walter Pidgeon - I was under the impression the game was played over 90 minutes not 45 - so you are quite happy for the team to play the right way for half a game?

Answer the question- were you at the game?

As I said I have often agreed with your opinions but I feel we just have to accept that we have a third divison side with third division player and a third division manager.

Everyone is doing the best they can to improve our situation, why dont you try helping in some way or is it just that it's easier to critise

I was far from happy at the 1st half performance on Saturday but the 2nd half was much, much better.

I will not however, appear to have a go for the sake of having a go. The league is won(and lost) over a full season and I cannot justify mass slaggings of players/management/tactics because of 45 minutes.

I like to think that I am an optimist and I feel that is the best way to be. I would rather see the positives from the game on Saturday than focus on the other. As I said, that doesn't make me delighted at the first 45 minutes, just realistic enough to realise that (thankfully) it is not the norm. Life too short etc etc etc......

Mike, that does seem pretty simple. Makes you wonder why football managers get sacked when their job is so 'simple'.

WP I was at the game on Saturday - and as for slagging players and management off etc - can you tell me where in my post this information is for I cannot find it - I offered my views on the comparision of teams in days gone and those over the past 10 to 15 years so if that is classed as slagging you surely are a bit touchy and need a thicker skin.

Like the Elgin game we played a game of 2 halfs.

Berwick should have been out of sight in the 1st half we just never got going and meant an uphill struggle for us.

The 2nd half was much better and we dominated Berwick for most of the half and Jabba's early goal spurred us on. Gary O'Connor made a few good saves (He never did that for us) and kept Berwick in it, although Eng-er-land had a chance to win it when McLaughlan was through 1 on 1 for them but his pish shot went wide.

Like I said on another post, Blackadder showed confidence to step up to take the penalty only to balloon it over the bar and had that gone in we maybe would have won as we were well on top. I'm not blaming him though as we created enough chances to win the game but like Elgin we never took them.

We are only 4 points clear now and our failure to convert the chances are starting to cost us. We've got to get back to winning ways starting this Saturday will do very nicely

Mike, if my post was meant to be a dig at you then I would have addressed you directly.

I was merely joining in the thread about the team performance. Perhaps you should listen to your own suggestion regarding the skin.

You say all we need is a wider player Mike, Stephen Tarditti was pretty wide but he never did much.

Well Kerriann if you were to direct something directly you would be the first women in history to have done so!

So you don't count Queen Elizabeth 1?

Was QE1 a woman then?

Mike if your opinions are based on our present team, against teams from the past, then you're right we're not particularly good. We will in all probability never win the Scottish Cup, League Cup and we'll never have the opportunity to turn our backs on the Premier League Title in order to play glamour fixtures against top English sides. What we are is a small provincial side with a good and loyal fan base managed by people who care and work towards bettering the team in whatever way we can. If you want to join us I can assure you you'd be made most welcome, if you want to point out the teams shortcomings at every given opportunity then why not give us all a break and FUCK OFF.

Well ???????? - it appears you cannot even remember your name so when you remember to take your tablets and they eventually kick in and you become a bit more compesmentis - why dont you get back to me - if you can remember.

"Well" Mike,

I've been thinking a little about your simplification of football managment, and I'm beginning to doubt that it's that easy - can you convince me?

Mike, taking East Fife's budget into consideration, what player or players do you think Baikie should be going for.

I wonder if Templeton from Stenny would be of use to us - or Simm from Albion rovers.

Well with Newcastle,Rangers,Celtic after him doubt we will be able to sign Templeton

I liked Weatherston from Queens Park. He ran our defence ragged at the last Hampden game when they beat us 3-0. I wondered then if Dave Baikie might have fancied trying to sign him. He possesses great pace and he finished well in that game! Not very big, but a 100% player.

Its funny but every time Mike gets asked a question he avoids answering it.

Max Power asks a question and Mike is silent, it makes me wonder if Mike actually knows anything about football other then the fact that its round and he has one on his shoulders

That thought had crossed my mind, but deep down I already knew the answer.