Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
who would you drop?

Looking at recent performances, who would you drop? and who would you bring in?

Re: who would you drop?

I would bring back Stevie Nicholas I am positive he could give us the winning touch that seems to have gone astray,And I am sure if I spoke to him he would come back tomorrow,he is a good player and he loves East Fife,Ryan could be even better if Stevie was along side him,I said at the begining of the season that we had too many older players,and we should have some younger players with experience,Stevie has the experience we need to get promotion,I only hope that Dave Baikie reads this forum,

Just got off the phone to Stevie he said he would be delighted to come back to East Fife,he was disappointed that we got beat today,He misses the fans at bayview and he would jump at the chance to comeback to the great supporters of the club

We dont have the players at the club to create chances for Steve.

Would drop Dodds immediately for Ross and bring Martin and Fortune in for Gordon and Hampshire.

Would have Martin and O'Reilly up front with Craig Smart dropping back a bit, or Crabbe when he's fit again.

We still need to sort out the left back position as well, but hopefully Dair will be back soon.

crabbe on from the start to give the team some leadership and confidence ,martin for c.smart and ross for dodds in goal, but we are top of the league so teams will raise their game against us to prove a point, its always tough at the top

I agree with Zak, Stevie Nicholas would be a great signing for us and I think we should make a move for him after Xmas. Where is he currently?

He is at stranraer

I would drop Dodds, too many mistakes costing us points. I bring John Martin into the starting line up, he has pace and the will to win, I would also like to see young Fortune back in the team. Out would go Gordon and possibly Blakadder( just to get the message over to him that he is not irreplaceable)

Dodds is making too many mistakes and Ross should now get his chance I think. Don't see the merit in dropping Blackadder though. His penalty miss is all he is guilty of and better players than him have missed pens and moved on. I would like to see Fortune playing more too.

I agree Dodds should be dropped and Ross given his chance again.

I wouldn't drop Blackadder, it wasn't his best game yesterday but can always produce something out of nothing.

Stevie Fortune and John Martin should be given a chance too. Maybe all we need is a little freshen up of the team.

Next week I would go for:

Ross

Smith, J Smart, Doyle, Linton

Gordon, Jabba, Fortune, Blackadder

O'Reilly, Martin

Never made it up to Berwick yesterday but for me Dodds is making too many mistakes and has to be dropped for the cup game.
Would bring in Fortune we all know how good he is but it would be unfair to drop Jabba or Courts.

My team for next week would be:
If Linton and Dair are out.

Ross

McGowan Smart Doyle

Smith Fortune Courts Jabba Blackadder

O`Reilly Martin

If Linton or Dair are fit and are clear of there injurys.

I would play:

Ross

Smith Smart Doyle Linton/Dair

Gordon Jabba Courts Blackadder

O`Reilly Martin

Was thinking you could play Jabba up front with O`Reilly and put Fortune in midfield with Courts.

Doyle has to be a doubt if taken away fro Berwick yesterday in an ambulance.

Was he?Never seen any mention of him being taken away in a Ambulance.If so then is very much a doubt

Well an ambulance arrived yesterday not long after Doyle was stretchered off, so I don't know if it was for him or not or whether he went in it, but would be good to know he's ok.

Probably would give Ross a chance before the negativity from some supporters ruins Dodds confidence.

I suppose these people who want want Blackadder dropped, would probably called for Baxter, Law or Dalgliesh heads as well if they had an off day. Good players are arrogant 'good on you Blackadder'

There is arrogance and ryan does not come to that category,he is just simply greedy and selfish but I like that in a player sometimes

Paul Doyle was indeed taken to the Western General with a bad head wound.I have no other information than that.No news being good news I hope.

Will O'Reilly be eligible for the cup tie under the terms of the club's loan agreement with Dundee?

I think so - he played us in the CIS, and I can't see why the Scottish Cup would be different.

Ian Ross has to be given his chance on Saturday as Dodds has cost us a few games but has kept us in games at times too but would like to see Ross back in the team.

I wouldn't drop Blackadder just because he missed a penalty! wow! He had an off day, all players do but I would keep him in he's always a threat. It takes confidence to step up to take a penatly and he has the bottle to do it.

Re: Re: who would you drop?

To be fair to big dodds he turned down a few good offers in the summer to stay with us, and travels from gala 3 times a week, so his commitment can never be questioned, and also, for the past 2 seasons he has been pure class in the sticks so if anyone is entitled to a 'dip' in form, its JD. We hardly know what ross is like and what i've seen is no-where near as good as Dodds

Total bullshit, you can,t keep someone in a team simply because he has to travel a certain distance. If is experiencig a dip in form, HE MUST BE DROPPED.