Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Buses

Can any off you guys, tell us of bus numbers that run from Kirkcaldy to the ground and back for Saturday.

About how long does it take as well?

If you can link to a timetable all the better.

Thanks in advance
Kev

Re: Buses

get the no 7 ,from kirkcaldy bus station
takes around 40 mins on the bus usually to get 2 lower methil

Cheers Fifer,

Does it stop near the ground?

I am sure that either the X60 or X26 goes down by Lower Methil, but I can't be sure as to which one! The other goes via the bus depot.

I have checked the stagecoach website for you and it doesn't say.

Best to get the X one has it is only about 20 minutes. Just ask at the station. It's around 3 quid for a single.

Greetings from sunny California.

If you call Stagecoach Kirkcaldy

Phone # 01592-642394

I am sure you can get all the needed information.

Come on the Fife.

Galakev - even if the bus doesn't go via Lower Methil, it's only a five minute walk from Leven Bus Station. Dinnae be sae lazy!

There's a lot of buses that run from Kirkcaldy to Leven that go through Methil. As Jim says even if they dont stop in lower Methil, Leven bus station is a 5 minute walk to the ground.

X26
13 (Avoid, it takes ages unless you want the scenic route)

Go to www.stagecoachbus.com for the times but they all leave regularly. I know the number 7 leaves every half hour from Kirkcaldy and there is a bus stop when you turn into Bayview

Maybe something that could be put on the official website?

Train, Bus and multimap with links to train and bus timetables?

Plan the journey on www.traveline.org.uk. It lists a full point to point journey itinerary, including train, bus and walking options with connection details.

It's something I hope to have on AFTN soon, along with the other grounds in our division.

Just need to get my finger out and finish it all!

Cheers Guys.

No doubt see some of you tomorrow. Cant miss me I will be wearing a Black & Gold Shirt

The 6 and 7 stop right outside the ground.