Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Transfer Window

Anybody got any suggestion on who we can sign when it reopens ???

Re: Transfer Window

I think Baikie should consider moving on a few players and trying to get some exchanges, maybe Dodds, Kelly, McGowan and Ritchie could be traded in for fresh blood, i'd say Crabbe too but I think he helps with the coaching. We really need players who will be available though and there is too many of them that are only available 40/50% of the time which doesn't give the rest much fear of being dropped.

We need five or six new players at least, lets hope we can turn things around before then however.

bit harsh. dodds is a good back up keeper for what i've seen this season (even though he has made a few mistakes, still top of the league when he has been playing). gaz kelly has been unfortunate with illness(one of the most consitant players over the last couple of seasons)and the squad can only benefit from the experience of mcgowan, ritchie and crabbe. Feel we have to build on what we have and not get rid of players that could come back to haunt us.

we were seemingly after keith gibson but he opted for montrose-they have also signed jim mercer who always seems to play well against us-we will find out next week but we can do with a few new players as our injury list has been horrendous every week this season.

We tried to get David Hannah too but he signed for the great unwashed.

We seem to be losing out on alot of players at the moment which is strange because I thought it would appeal to players to sign for a side at the top of the table, unless they think they won't get a game, or maybe that we won't be there much longer??

It,s a little difficult to encourage players to join a club that are reluctant to give their manager a contract. FOOD FOR THOUGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we should go for Jerry Stirling of Montrose, Lennon of Albion Rovers, Ure and Dymock of East Stirlingshire, Nicholas of Stranraer and try to get a couple of quality SPL youngsters on loan.

Kevin Byers from Brechin would be a good signing for when Jabba leaves

with the chairman away possibly no deals can take place unless he meets the player along with the manager.

Keith Gibson would have been an ideal replacement for Jablonski. Byers might do but he isn't as physical.
What chance Lee Wilkie coming on loan?
Stevie Nicholas would also be a good addition.
Are any of the following playing regularly for their clubs - Brian Mcphee (Hamilton? - O'Reilly would learn a great deal from him), Graeme Gibson (Partick), Chris Templeman (Morton).

I'd love to see McPhee join us.

Great wee player at this level.

We should definitely sign McPhee... never seen a guy score as many goals against us as him!!

I've always thought he would be a great signing for us but dont reckon it will ever happen.We def need to bring some new faces in, Steve Nic would be great and i'd personally go for a good winger too, no idea who though.

Chris Templeman told me in the pub that he was dying to sign for us (close to home, coming from and working in Glenrothes) but the club didn't take him. That was before he went to Dumbarton (I think) I don't know if he still plays regularly and/or is full-time but he would be an amazing signing. Very capable, skilfull striker.

I THINK KEVIN BYERS WOULD BE A GREAT SIGNING FOR EAST FIFE BUT I AGREE WITH THE GUY THAT SAID, WE SHOULD GO FOR SOME YOUNG SPL PLAYERS TO MAKE SOME MORE COMPETITION IN THE SIDE.

I think kev is over-rated