Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Montrose game

Montrose had three sent off yesterday. One for two yellows and two straight reds. Anyone any idea whether the two straight reds are suspended for next Saturday ?

Re: Montrose game

i would imagine the 2 straight reds would be suspended,reid the keeper and mcleod centre-half.

we need all the help thats going just now.

3 points next week is vital, the longer our slump continues the harder it will be to turn things around, a nice 2-3 nil win would get confidence back, points on board and ease the fans a wee bit. Mind you, the way things are justnow i'm sure we'd all settle for a nervy 1-0 win.

if we could start with the 11 that finished yesterdays game and really get at montrose,as they will be gutted after getting knocked out by a non-league team.
thats the last 3 home games we seem to be sittin too deep(whats that all aboot).

heres my team wi a few positoinal changes.

ross
smith smart mcgowan courts
martin jabba blackadder dair
oreilly smart.

Pretty sure they can all play as they will be banned from Montrose' next Scottish Cup tie.

Will only be banned for the league game if the straight red cards were for violent conduct. Professional fouls are not classed as violent conduct.

funny old game football isn't it?

A few weeks ago we would not be concerned about who was playing for the opposition. Now do we find ourselves clutching at straws to regain the early season momentum?

Reid and McLeod are rotten, i'd would be better for us if they play.