Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
East Fife Mail

couple of days ago but I don't think it's been posted...

DON'T PANIC!

EAST Fife boss Dave Baikie insists there is no need to panic, despite East Fife's mini slump in form.
The Fifers were dumped out of the Tennent's Scottish Cup on Saturday in disappointing fashion after conceding two late goals in the 3-1 home defeat to Berwick Rangers.
But Baikie believes his side are just one win away from recapturing their title-winning form.
He said: "I don't think the players' confidence has gone down.
"The Elgin result was disappointing and we should have won. But in the two games against a good Berwick side, there were times when they rode their luck and the rub of the green has not been there for us.
"We are not a million miles away from where we were. We are just one win away from getting back on track."
Baikie feels his side are the victims of their early season success.
He said: "Maybe some of the fans have delusions of grandeur and now expect us to win all the time.
"But there is very little to choose between the sides in this division."
The Fifers will face Montrose this weekend at Bayview with an almost full-strength squad.
There were no injuries sustained against Berwick while Paul Ritchie, Gary Kelly and Sam Linton should all return. Only Scott Crabbe and Greig McDonald remain sidelined.
Baikie is expecting a tough encounter against the Angus side.

Read more in this week's East Fife Mail

E-mail reporter James Campbell
22 November 2006

Re: East Fife Mail

"Maybe some of the fans have delusions of grandeur."

What a stupid, insulting thing to say about your own fans. The only delusions that some of the fans have, Mr Baikie, is that they think you are a better manager than you actually are.

I think he was refering to Mike.

QPFC1 FT FIFERS YA BAMS YAASSS YEEEZ ARE SHITE

Nurse, quick, more methadone

As I posted elsewhere on this forum:

I find it rather disappointing that a famous old club like Queen's Park, a football institution with a fantastic history, a club that used to be so very well respected in the game we all love, can have attracted such a moronic support in the modern day as illustrated on this thread.
Buy a programme tomorrow - you can read all about the famous Queen's Park player R.S.McColl, who would have been horrified at the antics of the club's present day supporters.
I've been at several Queen's Park v East Fife matches in recent times and been extremely disappointed at the behaviour of their supporters. I even had to complain to the club a couple of years ago when a 'Spiders' supporter shouted out during a minute's silence before the match (I did, however, receive an official apology from the club).
Oh, how Queen's Park must cringe at the behaviour of their fans in the modern day.

Most of our supporters are well behaved on away trips, but some of the younger ones seem to enjoy taunting opposition fans. I only think this should be done during the match. The fans just try to have a bit of fun and really there is only a few that are morons to be honest.

Well said QP Fan.

One bad apple - etc