Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
jabba

jabba is saying until the of the season

Re: jabba

But is he STAYING

heard from the chairman himself

I heard a whisper about this, fantastic news if true. Jabba will have as much time as he likes to visit Australia after the season ends, it's not going anywhere. You don't get many shots at winning a trophy though and football is a short career. With the goals he is scoring and the performances he is putting in he can play a huge role in brining the title to Bayview.

Here's hoping

Yes, I heard this from a very good source also, good news

If this is true it's great news for us. He has been outstanding for the Fife this season and a real goal threat.

Cracking news

I thought him and O'Reilly linked up really well yesterday

Great news if he is staying.

EFM Today, great news Jabba is staying, he want's to win the title with EF.

That's the best news I've had all week!

Let's face it, it is not his main career and to do this for the Fife is true dedication. Jabba - we salute you!

If only Miles Hunt had the same attitude, eh Kerriann.

Well done Jabba!!

Please no mention of that name ever again. I know life goes on but I am the most gutted person this side of Kelty.

No public burning of The Wonder Stuff merchandise planned as yet but I'll keep you informed!

Great news - he's still going to Australia for a year in the summer though isn't he?

I WANT TO WIN LEAGUE WITH FIFERS

EAST Fife have been boosted by the news that top scorer Neil Jablonski has decided to stay until the end of the season.
The league's joint top scorer, with seven goals, has been a revelation since joining the Fifers but had always said he was heading off to Australia in January.
But now the midfield maestro has been offered a coaching role in the USA in the summer and has decided to stick around until then.
Speaking to the East Fife Mail on Monday, he said: "I have been given the chance to coach in the US and the fact I am enjoying it here means I've decided to stay.
"I spoke to the manager and chairman on Saturday about my decision.
"It is very much down to the success we are having and I want to win the league with East Fife. This is a really good club and I am enjoying my football.
"They are a great bunch of lads here and we all get along well.
''I also have a good relationship with the management team and the board.
"I also want to try and get into double figures. I've got seven goals so far so I want to get a few more."
Jablonski will spend two months coaching in the US before heading off to Australia for a year.
He said: "I will be going with an open mind and maybe I'll be offered a job while I'm away."
But when `Jabba' does return, he hasn't ruled out a Bayview comeback.
He said: "If I return, I'll certainly consider coming back here but it will depend on who's in charge and what the circumstances are."

Read more in this week's East Fife Mail

E-mail reporter James Campbell
29 November 2006

That makes good reading doesn't it?!

Very good reading, come on Jabba, a "few more" goals? You can hit 30 at least

Great that Jabba' is staying until the end of the season

Igor, you still think Crabbe is going to get 50 goals?

No, I think he'll get 60

We'll be lucky if Scott Crabbe gets 60 minutes action in a Black & Gold shirt never mind 60 goals!!!!