Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Deuchar! Deuchar! Deuchar!

According to today Scottish S**

Doctor Kenny has handed in a transfer request to Gretna. Hope that this is true.. Get you're cheque book out willie!!

Re: Deuchar! Deuchar! Deuchar!

Watch This Space...

Aye, right.

I know it's highly unlikely Deuchs would sign for us and go part time but I would love to see King Kenny return.

Think about it,if anyone would go part time,they would also have to have another job.
Kenny has another job and a good one at that.He also has very fond memories of his previous time at the club.

Over to you Mr Gray.

That just won't happen. Jabba staying AND getting King Deuchar back. Na, too much good news for one person to take in that is.

Would be nice though....

wouldn't it?

Would be a fantastic signing, but surely we'd face some stiff competition from clubs on both sides of the border. Hows about a loan deal til the end of the season?

Who?

From Gretna's official website

Deuchar requests transfer
Friday, December 1st, 2006
Striker Kenny Deuchar has today officially requested a transfer from Gretna Football Club.

The prolific goal scorer, who started his career at Falkirk, joined Gretna from East Fife in 2004 when he teamed up with David Bingham to become one half of a lethal strike partnership.

His goal scoring exploits helped Gretna achieve back to back promotions and take the club to the Scottish Cup Final. Along the way he netted a staggering 70 goals in 97 appearances and equalised Jimmy Greaves long standing record of six hat-tricks in 1 Season.

Gretna Managing Director Brooks Mileson heaped praise on Kenny’s achievements. “Kenny has been a tremendous asset to us and has been instrumental in our rise through the leagues” he said.

“Kenny is a Gentleman, and works hard for the club on and off the pitch. I would be disappointed to see him go, but I would certainly not stand in his way and I would be prepared to listen to any offers that come in”.

Deuchar, who is also a qualified doctor, still works one day a week at a Scottish hospital.

From the 2003 promotion winning team, Herkes, Graham and Donaldson all returned for a second spell, and I don't think it worked out for any of them.

Aye, but I wouldn't put either of those three in Deuchar's class...

Dear Santa

All I want for Christmas this year is Kenny Deuchar to sign for the Fife.

Cheers

DHAS

Dear Santa,
I was once told that if more than one person requests the same things for Christmas that you had to make sure at least one of them gets their request.

I would therefor like Kenny Deuchar to sign for East Fife.

I have been a good girl this year.

Thank you
Kerriann
aged 21 3/4

I am not believing that kerrian,

Dear Santa,

All I want for Christmas is for DHAS and Kerriann to get whatever they want for Christmas, nothing for me.

Thanks,

KotS
Aged 21 4/4

21 3/4!!!!!!! Best joke I've heard all week! Any week in fact!

Now now Liam - don't be rude!

KoTS - you be awarded a Prince of Wales award (but not for pushing valium and amphetamines). Many thanks!

It was the good girl bit that I did not believe

I knew that Zak! But I honestly have. If anyone else can spot the (not-so) obvious lie in my post, Liam will buy you a pint to congratulate you.

Deuchs still reads this forum from time to time, so maybe he'll post himself with an early Christmas present.

Kerriann - if you'd set the Wonderstuff tour bus on fire would that have been exempt from your good girl status due to mitigating circumstances?

Any judge in the land would have forgiven me for that given the provocation.

He could also take our penalties!!!

Realistically there is no chance of this happening surely. Gretna are willing to listen to offers apparently. But when did East Fife actually last buy a player?

Kenny Munro from Cowdenbeath maybe?

Brooks Mileson will make some sense of all this,

The last player we bought was either Ryan Blackadder (i'm not sure how much we paid) or Iain Ross for £6k as far as I am aware.

If WG/DB approach Gretna and offer to take Kenny on loan until the end of the season it will help put him in the shop window, he could easily bang in 15-20 goals and help us win the title, and earn himself a move. With him hardly playing/scoring justnow Gretna are unlikely to get anything over £20,000 for him.

Considering they got Kenny for nowt,and the great success he's had there in taking there club forward,i think it would be proper if Brooks was to ask us if we would like him on loan.A few rumours on PaB though.Q.O.S,Stirling being the main ones.

It would be an amazing signing for us, although i dont see it happening. I reckon he will end up signing for Morton or QOS, he might also decide a move down to England, sure a lot of sides down there would take him. No harm in asking tho, so please please please ask!

I can phone him or his mum and dad to see if he would come back to us,for the rest of the season,will do it tomorrow

Besides..... Kenny suits wearing the Black & Gold much, much better than the Gretna colours!

Did anyone from the club have any comments on the KD situation yesterday?

Came on then Zak, did you phone Kenny's mum?

I have just spoken to kennys mum and dad,first thing they asked how everyone is at the club, there seems to be another club interested,I asked if he did not go to them if we could pinch him on loan to the end of the season they had already mentioned it to kenny and he said that he felt that he let the fans down in his last season with us doing so much work,I said that a lot of fans wanted him back because we really liked him and would love to have him back,his dad said he will talk to him tomorrow,it seems that gretna are wanting to much money for him,way out of our league,his dad has said he will keep in touch.

I'd love to see Kenny back and it would be beneficial to all concerned even if he only came on loan for 6 weeks
1 - He'd score goals for us
2 - He keeps himself match fit
3 - He puts himself in the shop window and if he is scoring goals, Gretna will get more money for him
4 - He won't be playing in the First Division so can't come back to haunt Gretna
5 - Gretna took him from us with no transfer fee so it would be nice if they could make a loan deal as a sort of compensation package
Come on Brookes, it makes sense !!!
If he came till the end of the season I'd love to film him scoring the goal that takes us to the Championship !

I don't think there is aone single Fife fan out there that thinks Kenny let us down in his last season. Every one of us would love to see him in a black and gold shirt again. He would get such a brilliant reception when he ran on the hallowed turf and I'm sure it would add to the gate so would make economic sense for East Fife.

There's NO WAY he let us down in his last season.

How many times did he do a 12 hour shift then score the winner ??!

Kenny Deuchar has never let us down.
How many times did he clear an opposing corner and then collect said clearance at the other end?
Many things let us down that season but King Kenny wasnt one of them, 110% every time he put on the jersey.

Nah, I reckon he did let us down. Least he can do to make up for it is come back and help us win the League.