Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
OT Hotels in Salou

Decided on the spur of the moment to take advantage of Ryanair's 1p each way flights from Prestwick to the Costa Dorada in January (actually, once you've added on alll the taxes and other extras it works out at £25 return, but still unbelievably cheap!).
Can anyone recommend a hotel in the Salou area or tell me what ones to avoid? We're looking for somewhere quiet, away from the centre (although everywhere will probably be quiet in January!), preferably near rail/bus stations so that we can nip along to Barcelona etc.

Re: OT Hotels in Salou

I would go for the hotels that are built properly and have separate rooms for their guests to stay in. Probably better going for one that is built from concrete - avoid staying in an ice hotel. it could be like pouring money down the drain after saving all that on your flights.

Here to help.

Eh??

Jim. We stayed at La Hacienda Gran in La Pineda. It was quiet but a nice 4 star on the outskirts but near the beach. Food was very good. Plenty buses nearby going to Salou and to Barcelona. Service bus from the airport was 6 euros each and we phoned the day before we came back and the bus picked us up again. Check onthebeach.co.uk (or .com) We went in October and paid £184 for half board for four of us for four nights. That was the total not each !!!
Best of luck !

Jim, We have been there twice now and each time stayed in La Pineda which is just a few miles from Salou. The service bus runs from there to Barcelona. You can buy a ticket onboard that also includes entry to the Nou Camp. Watch, though if you were planning to go to Port Aventura theme park as it closes for a few weeks in January. The hotel we were in last time was Estival Park which is open all year and does half board or all-inclusive. If you need more help I have enclosed my e-mail address for you. As with all Fife fans, I can give you discounted rates.

Jim when i went to lloret in nov i booked it all separate i booked hotel through holiday nights and transfers with holiday takis i saved about £30 doing it this way.You could give it a try it might work it might not.Went to barcelona on train from Blanes cost 7.35 euros return dead cheap.

Thanks for the info!
Andy .... er, I mean Bayviewboy, I remember talking to you about that holiday - unfortunately it doesn't look like it's available in January, but thanks for info on transfers from airport.

Travel Agent - Estival Park is available and looks like a nice place, will consider, ta!

Caroline - will check out the Holiday Nights web site. We've been to Lloret before and have travelled from there to Barcelona, fantastic day out. Were there on a cruise earlier this year too and can't wait to go back. One of the best cities we've ever visited!!

Thanks everyone

Salou Princess was good 20 years ago!

Stewart - where does she hang out?

Jim, what are you dates and how long are you going for? I can then get some quotes for you. Can you also tell me how you can answer Stewart before he asked the question?