Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Vote for East Fife Mascot

The Chairman spoke to me last night about getting a proper mascot for East Fife along the lines of Bayview Bee or Bayview Bantam, I think you get the idea. We'll run a poll on aftn to see which idea gets most votes in the next week. Vote for the name of the mascot and what you'd actually like to see.The one with most votes will be put forward to East Fife.

I'll start the voting with Bayview Bantam and The Chicken suit.

Re: Vote for East Fife Mascot

Has to be Angus the Bayview Bantam and the Chicken Suit.

Howzabout the East Fife Eagle, could also be called the Fife Flyer

Without question, the Bayview Bantam.

Angus Fifer and his chicken suit are now part of the club's history and it would be great if the club adopted the chicken as its mascot in recognition of the fact that it's appearance heralded the beginning of a new era for East Fife.

In fact, as the club don't realy seem to have a nickname other than 'The Fifers', why don't we adopt the nickname of 'The Bantams'?

Having aided an abbetted the great chicken man in one of his covert missions I think that would be the best mascot. I remember the odd (very odd!) outing of the man in bumble bee suit around the promotion season but its not that origininal for a black and gold team to use the old bumble/bee/hornet wasp analogy. Are Bradford or Burnley not know as the bantams? Any way I vote for chicken man with the essential wheel barrow of course! And how about the barrow boys for a nickname!! lave it lave it laveit laveit laveit !!

Should we not have a mascot which reflects our team's/areas history? Mining, Cip Winning, unemployment etc

Tha Bayview Rooster sounds good

The Bayview Rooster sound fine as we've been a sleeping giant for the past 50 odd years!

I think the away sides would be well jealous if we had a Giant Cock whipping up the atmosphere before the game and at half time.

I say boy , I say boy ..we are the EF...the EFFC

Can I offer my services to whip some atmosphere, before, at half time and after the final whistle ( 97 minutes and 10 seconds) ?

HD - absolutely brilliant! Almost wet myself!!!!!!!!

It's ok Jim. It's just your age

Having nothing better to do obviously, I've been investigating chicken breeds beginning with F!

So we could have:

THE FIFE FAVEROLLES (my particular favourite. makes us sound exotic and I love this description I found - "An interesting breed that combines a beard and muffs with a single comb and feathered legs and feet. Faverolles are a medium sized breed and fairly loosely feathered, giving them a rather large appearance. They also have a fifth toe on each foot and while chiefly ornamental, do possess some utility characteristics as well.")

THE FIFE FRIESLAND

THE FIFE FRIZZLE

Would the chicken have a megaphone and shout "Fowl ref" at opportune moments?

When it runs out we could have it running towards a shocked looking female and play the beginning of Arab Strap's "Packs of Three":

"It was the biggest cock she'd ever seen. But she'd no idea, where that cock had been."

Didn't we have a giant cock in the boardroom until recently?

was he not a prick??

I am for Angus in the chicken,however I think we should also have a ringer(sorry reserve)for the Mascot Races that are held at racecources. I think I saw one at Mussleburgh last year. These races are usually over a furlong so the ringer/reserve should be a county class 400 metre runner. Not only would it raise the profile of the club, we could make a few bob from the bookies

For those of you who have witnessed the mad pitch dashes made by Chicken man, I'm sure you'll agree that he would cope in any mascot races!

Aye, but could he cope with a furlong on heavy going. No disrespect to Angus,inspite of his Peter Pan looks he must be approaching 40. I would feel better putting my money on a twenty something athlete in the chicken suite

Angus will be delighted with your guess regarding his age!

Won't you old man?!

It's true that I am no spring chicken...

I was just being polite, looking at my crystal balls I can see he is over 40

It should be a big mad crocodile.
East Dock Croc!

Whatever happened to the Bayview Bee? Well, I atleast I thought it was a bee.

What about The Methil 'Spineless' Mackay Mackarel?

The "Bayview Bee" was a truly awful mascot.

What about the Bayview "Honey" Badger. Sounds sweet but is one of the most feared animals on the planet.
Rumour has it that an Elephant was once killed through suffocation by a Honey Badger.

For you heartless buggers that have criticised the Bayview Bee can I remind you that it was created by one of the younger members of the then Young Fifers.

The youngsters had run a competition and voted it the one they wanted - something I thought would have suited our arch-democrat Igor!

It wasn't the idea that sucked, it was the attempt to bring him to life, you know, the black shellsuit bottoms, the dogs head and the wings made out of tights, who exactly was the poor soul who had to dress up as him?

Some kind of fish would be a decent choice given we're down by the sea and have East Nuek fans. I'll for choosing something that reflects our traditions.

"It wasn't the idea that sucked, it was the attempt to bring him to life, you know, the black shellsuit bottoms, the dogs head and the wings made out of tights, who exactly was the poor soul who had to dress up as him?"

Now there's an idea for a competition! Who do you think DESERVES to be inside that costume?

It was curretn young fifers chairman Ewan that was the bee

Well noo since yer asking Eug.It'll maybe bi better on ye than thon pink shirt a seen ye wi wan Seterday.

And what's wrong with a pink shirt apart from the fact it clashes with my black and gold scarf and toorie?

Eugene - believe me - you'd be better off inside the mascot suit rather than posing in the outfit you've just described.
Then again - maybe our mascot could be simply ..... EUGENE!!!!
(You'd be loud enough to drown out the visiting support any day!!!!!!!)

Still time to get your votes in

just back from hols.last i heard it was Dave Hamilton who was being called spineless for sticking up for DB as he was an ex vice chairman of the club.i believe someone should dress up as a bottle of BELLS whisky which would represent the boardroom and how much is consumed on match days.

What a load of old sh#t

Chicken man for me!

The Fowl Fifer

Please make it the 'East Fife Eagle'! Surely not East Fife Bantam.