Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Craig Winter

Apparently we tried to sign him but Dumbarton rejected the bid

Re: Craig Winter

it's because he's coming back to cowden.

http://www.dumbartonfootballclub.com/news/?mode=view&id=1273

Not according to Dumbartons website

I heard the conversation went something like this:-

Neil Rankine: Er, we'd like to sign Craig Winter for East Fife.
Neil Rankine: Well, you can't have him, we're keeping him at Dumbarton.
Neil Rankine: Oh but at East Fife we're going for promotion, let us sign him.
Neil Rankine: No way, we at Dumbarton are going for promotion too.
Neil Rankine: Oh, right you are then. By the way, how's Derrick?
Neil Rankine: Who gives a fcuk.

Sounds like we're showing them who the big team is ahead of the big showdown. Clever psychology, perhaps.

ive always rated him when he was at cowden,a hard working central midfielder,maybe not this time but at least we are making moves in the right direction.

He looked a decent player but don't you think we have enough central midfielders now?

Jabba, Courts, Kelly, Fortune and McDonald?

I thought Baikie was interested in wingers? Good way to unsettle the player for the game in 2 weeks tho

I think you'll find it was Craig himself who was hawking his talents around after being 'encouraged'. Remember that the people begind his signing at the Sons are now in charge at your gaffe. Makes me wonder if Baikie is in full control of his dressing room. Wee Sid always liked to dabble at being manager when he called himself director of football at Dumbarton.

Winters regards East Fife and its loyal following as scum of the earth. Not long ago he declared he would never play for "that shite".

I agree with Vander (there's a first!). About 8 years ago I had a bit of an argument with him in Dunfy about cowdung/East Fife and he was horrid! I think he is an arrogant erse who tries to play the big I am. It was (gently) pointed out that he played for cowden getting about £20 a week and was had no place to try and play the star but he is so far up his own backside that he was oblivious to it.

I suppose it didn't help when the conversation started after I heard him telling a girl he was a footballer. At which point I burst out laughing and pointed out to her who he played for!

I don't like him! (however, I wouldn't be nasty IF he came to play for the Mighty Fife.

I probably got more a week for my paper round than he got at Cowden and I didn`t blow about it!
Agree that he is an arrogant billy big time who has never been big time.

Billy Big Time? Toorie? You guys are having a laugh! A really nice bloke off the pitch. I can assure you though that it was Sid who wanted him to sign, going over the head of Baikie.

I see it was the Dumbarton trust that helped fund Winter's move, any chance we could do the same to bring the good doc back to Bayview?

Now that's a good suggestion!

Confirmation from BBC...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/d/dumbarton/6214392.stm

Good to see we're attempting to sign players at least.