Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
possible targets.

baikies priority seems to be a left winger,well i know i am going to upset a few guys here but i would try and get jay stein from arbroath.
i know we had him once before and he was rather lazy but we were at the bottom of the league that season and with confidence buzzing just now he could make the difference,stick him wide and supply crosses for oreilly and/or ritchie.
hes a bit of a prima donna but so what and he fell out wi moffat-who diddny.
ps.hes local as well.

Re: possible targets.

maybes aye,maybes no,but at least he would ken willie gray and poss jason dair and co.
i wouldnae be totally against it though.

mmm mmm.

does he tak a pint.

naebodys against it so far.

Billy big shot ! Met him in Asda when he was with us and just asked if he was looking forward to the game the following day. Within two minutes he was telling me he was getting £220 a week at Bayview. He was very bad in the Dressing Room and two or three players were keen to deck him. Garry O'Connor had him pinned to the wall at one point. I don't think he would be good for morale in the Dressing Room which by all accounts is a happy one at present !

Aye, he's an arse and Arbroath can keep him. What about their boy Sellars though? The most obvious target remains Stevie Nicholas in my opinion, a great player who's done well for us in the past and according to Zak he'd be delighted to come back.

Jay Stein can get to f*ck. In the words of Jim Moffat he could be 'posion in the dressing room.'

I would hate to see him back he never done anything for us and was too far up his own erse. Would be great to see Stevie Nic back though, always gave 100% for us.

Oh and Kenny D please

seemingly on p&b,montrose are linked wi alex williams ex morton-if montrose can afford him then surely we can as well.
another of those players who is not very well liked with opposing fans but every team needs a player like that.

They are again linked with Johnston of Elgin, he would be a great signing, then there's Ure of the Shire who's always been a thorn in ther side. We were linked with Gary Greenhill of Berwick at the start of the season too, maybe he'll be an option.

Can't see us getting Johnson and I've always thought jug eared Williams is pretty pish. Ure hasn't been scoring that many for Shire so wouldn't bother with him.

Gary, told me that we offered him a deal at the start of the season but I would take anything he says with a pinch of salt.

Anyway, I think we are pretty much covered for central midfielders.

Chaplain from Albion has been mentioned also Ure from East Stirling.

We didn't offer him a deal as far as I know, he was offered to us for £3k but Baikie had never seen him play so decided against it.

Igor if you want stevie nicholas's phone No,email me and I will send it to you,but I am not putting it on on line same goes for any players phone No I have.

It's okay Zak, I have faith in your ability to lure the stars back to Bayview

Heard the fife are after the young striker Sutherland from st andrews quality player!

Another Pittechar East/Auchmuty boy Jabba will know him from school but I suppose Blackadder will have played alongside him last year, one of those two could be the connection. Would be a good signing.

Do the Pratt Street linos have any decent players left? I know we've got all their best ex-players already, but one or two of them mght be up to the job of being a squad member.

Jamie McKenzie has always been disliked by our fans but he's playing junior and would be a good signing, in the juniors there's also guys like Flannery and Carrigan who might be worth a look?

Steven Pressley?

Is Lloyd Haddow available?

A dart board.

I-ran Isay I-ran

I THINK WE NEED A COUPLE OF GOOD WINGERS

At the SC meeting last night, Dave Baikie intimated it was wide players he felt the squad lacks at the moment

Maybe we should sign Mark Yardley then

Nothing good enough from the youth setup then?

brian fairbairn-watch this space.

Stevie Tosh is being released from Gretna. He is a Kirkcaldy boy (we shouldn't hold that against him !!!) but he started off at East Fife as an S signing. Also heard that the Lee Wilkie idea is still a possibility. Stevie Nick I'd take back in a minute and like everyone else, Deuchs would be a welcome addition. Gordon Lennon at Albion Rovers would be another good aquisition.

Tosh is Gretna's highest wage earner. That's why they are getting rid of him. Doubt he'd take our wage.

I would welcome back Paul McManus in a heart beat, it could happen now that the Fat Controller is gone, I'd also like to see Graeme Brown at Bayview (currently at Alloa), always impressed me and was a real thorn in our side when he was with that unwashed lot from the west.