Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Proposed Friendly This Weekend???

Any word on this?

Re: Proposed Friendly This Weekend???

We are playing Arniston Rangers in a bounce game at Dalgety Bay on the artificial pitch.The pitch is booked between 12.30 and 2.30.It is proposed to use all the players over the game I believe.I have watched the U19s there and viewing is fine for a limited number.

Thanks, Dave. Will hopefully see you there.

I had planned to take in a Junior game featuring an East Fife loan player on Saturday. Grant Mackay is with Glenrothes but they're away to Montrose (too far for a Junior game!), Robert Crawford is with St Andrews but hasn't been playing lately and I'm not sure about the situation with John Ferguson at Kelty.
Can anyone tell me if there's any other loan players with local Junior clubs at present?
If not, then I'll see you guys at Dalgety Bay!

Jim

How about Kirkcaldy YM V Ballingry Rovers at Denfield? Craig Condie & Lee Dair at Rovers & 2 form sides?

WHYTE & MACKAY EAST CENTRAL LEAGUE
BANKFOOT ATHLETIC v THORNTON HIBS
CROSSGATES PRIMROSE v LOCHORE WELFARE
KIRKCALDY YM v BALLINGRY ROVERS
LOCHGELLY ALBERT v LUNCARTY
STEELEND VICTORIA v DUNDONALD BLUEBELL

Premier League
MONTROSE ROSELEA v GLENROTHES
ROSYTH v SCONE THISTLE
ST ANDREWS UNITED v MUSSELBURGH ATHLETIC

Scotish Junior Cup 3rd Round
Petershill V Newburgh

Replays
Whitburn V Kelty
Bellshill V Hill Of Beath

I was on the Steelend game but have now been moved to Blairgowrie V Brechin Vics!! (Well fixtures have Brechin at home but have been told it has been swapped, i hope!)

Is Big Ross Graham back at Blairgowrie?

ITV is showing The Wizard of Oz !

Raith - Dumbarton at Stark's.

You could even wear your F*fe scarf.

Mike - Ross was playing for Blairgowrie when I saw them in mid-September, so I would assume he's still there.

Why not find a pub and watch Manchester City hump the scum in the Derby?

C'mon City!!!!

Do Derby not play in the Championship?

City couldnt beat eggs never mind United, they're MASSSSSSIVELY mince.

C'mon United

Hmmm, Im sure we gubbed the red filth 3-1 the last time we played!!

oh and thanks for your input Jonathan

Mike, the game BRECHIN VICS v BLAIRGOWRIE is at BLAIRGOWRIE, something to do with the condition of vics park. Rossco has definitely signed for blair.

Yep Blairgowrie bound it is!! Another one to knock off my list. hardly had a game out of fife before this season, Now I'm never here!!

Someone trying to tell me something?

Actually, its just like being a raving mad teenager again, visiting all the Senior Grounds with East Fife. Always an adventure in this game we all love!!

jamkam - if I'm not very much mistaken you're my pal from Perth? (don't want to give your ID away!).
Am I right??

Mike - Blairgowrie have quite an impressive old ground. When I first saw it a few years ago (maybe 15-ish years ago?) I'm sure the stand was still intact. When I was last there, last season, the seats had been removed from the stand and it is now a very large covered enclosure. There's a grass embankment behind each goal and a modern pavilion opposite the covered side. A very impressive ground by rural Tayside standards!
I must get my series of books on non-league grounds off the starting block before much longer. As a matter of interest, do those of you reading this reckon there's a market for a series of books on Scottish non-league grounds? I have to be very careful, because I have an attic full of books that haven't sold (on the subject of fishing, mind you, NOT football!!) and I don't want to be left out of pocket yet again!!

It would certainly be books I'd be interested in.

What kind of fishing books did you do?

I may have a market for you to try and sell them!

Visit my website:

www.james-k-corstorphine.co.uk

for details of books I published about the Scottish fishing industry, written by the late Pete Smith.
There's also details of a book I published about Pete Smith's father, Poetry Peter.
All books can be ordered 'on-line' and as soon as I can make space up the attic I'll be able to publish books on other subjects, like football!, (and probably lose another fortune!!!!!!)

A wee example of Poetry Peter's work concerning the beautiful game (with reference to Cellardyke Bluejackets around the end of the 1800's):

I, and you tae, can mind it fine,
Tam Dug ran doon alang the line,
And no' a man hooever swift,
But Tam could left faur oot o' sicht.
Nae doot, Time wi' its magic wand,
Has made thae auld days look mair graund,
Yet tho' we see them - throo' a mist,
Thae days tae us - are ever bless't,
... and when the Crailers cam' tae play,
The hale Toll Road was fu' that day!!
Hoo, little Duggie taen the lead,
Coupit lang Morris ower his heid;
Hoo you and Crieff fair had the knack,
Tae mak' whae'er cam' near - stout back,
"Whiteheid" in Dyker fitba' story,
As famous as the great McGrory,
A heid as hard as stane, or coal,
Gar'd the ba' stout frae goal tae goal,
Big Mitchell in the goal - sic knocks!
... his neeves like twa fore haulyard blocks.

(BTW 'neeves'means knuckles! - JKC)

Mon the Crailers!!!