Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BURGER Trips to Dumbarton/Arbroath

For all you train enthusiasts out there let me know if you're available for next weeks trip. Deal is £4.45 return Haymarket to Glasgow Queen St and £3.80 return from there to Dumbarton Central, buy your own ticket to Edinburgh. Probably get 12.19 from Haymarket gets into Dumbarton at 13.59, just a short walk to the ground from there. Return trains are at half hourly intervals from Dumbarton.

Arbroath trip usual deal £10 return if there's 4 or 8 etc.

Re: BURGER Trips to Dumbarton/Arbroath

Count me in for both Stewart! I'll see if the fare dodger wants to go and let you know.

Arbroath will be my last game for 3 months awwwwwwww. Who will take over my role as toblerone distributor now?

Let me know what time you get into Glasgow Queen Street Stewart and I'll see you there...

Should get in at 13.06 with Dumbarton train at 13.23, that is if we get the 12.19 from Haymarket. I'll keep you posted Angus.

If travelling to Dumbarton get off the train at Dumbarton East station. This is closer to the ground (5 min walk) and there is a pub directly across the road from the station. They are a bit funny about football colours though (this is old firm country!!!!!)

Put me down for Arbroath! Need to say farewell to Mikey the Pikey!!

Thanks for the advice DF.

I'm up for that, as will be I_10

We're on the 09.43 from Kirkcaldy on 30/12/06.

Your welcome to join our card school, just bring plenty of cash

"Your welcome to join our card school, just bring plenty of cash"

So how much is that in Cowden currency?

Im still ok for Dumbarton though will only be going back into Glasgow afterwards as it is better halfs birthday nite oot. Will let you know about Arbroath as my forward planning is its usual standard! iee piss poor!

What date is the arbroath away game

30th December. One of the busiest days of the year for checkout operaters...

Did Papa G get back out ok yesterday?

In that case ill no be at Arbroath as it is the clan gathering in deepest Norfolk, Bootiful!

Stewart
I would like to travel on the BURGER express to Arbroath if there is a place available.
Thanks

That will be no probs Ritchie. Are you coming in place of Grant or just to keep an eye on him to make sure he behaves?

I'm still comin', but I'm no' behavin'!

No fare dodger this weekend. Must not be confident of getting to Dumbarton for free.

Mikey did the fare dodger ever buy you guys a drink
for his " Free " trip to Elgin with us in October???

Is the 10.58 ok for you Kirkcaldy/Buckhaven people on Saturday? Mark and I will get it at Inverkeithing(Weather permitting).

Tickets booked for Arbroath trip. Might be 1 or 2 going a begging.

10:58 is fine and dandy.

Aye that's fine for me too!

No Rab, we will be waiting along time for that to happen!

Mark I've sent you a text re tomorrow, just in case you don't get it I'll get you on Aberdour Rd at 11 to go to Inverkeithing.

I'm due to arrive Glasgow Queen Street at 12.15pm...

major mobile phone probs but cheers ill get u there neebs !

Will possibly be at Queen St at 12.38 Angus. I'll phone you when we're coming in to The Weege.

No problemo...

11 out of 12 tickets for rail trip to Arbroath sold so I have 1 left if anyone is interested for £10. Upgrade to business class optional but desirable(free tea/coffee and biscuits).

What do you predict the pullin opportunities are like on that train?

Hard to predict to be honest, as long as there's no more Falkirk wimmin nicking my bottles of Stella.

Stewart, is Roy among the eleven already counted. He advised I_10 yesterday that he had arranged time off work to go, but I_10 is not always the most reliable to pass a message on.
If he is not already counted please add him to list. Also can you confirm train times from Kirkcaldy. Thanks

I got a text on Wednesday, so Roy is included Thanks.

Times are:

Out Return

11.06 EDIN 18.17 ARBR
11.25 INVER 19.14 KDY
11.40 KDY 19.31 INVER
12.39 ARBR 19.59 EDIN