Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Fairbairn

Judging from yesterdays "fun" day at Starks park,the "bairn" seems to be getting the pelters from the Raith fans.Many do not want the guy to wear the blue again.In other words,hes been found out for what he really is.
I know many Fife fans liked the "Bairn",but how many would like to see him return???

Re: Fairbairn

No way, Raith can keep the little tosser!

Personally thought we got by far the better end of the deal that saw John Martin come to us and Fairbairn go to them.

Seems yesterday fairbairn got sent off for stamping on an opponent right in front of the ref, no very clever. Fairbairn was a flashy player but who far too often delivered little in terms of end product, Rovers are welcome to him

For a right good laugh have a look at the rovers fan talk, you can really sense the misery they have.

Only thing is, the way they are we might be denied our derby next season if they come down

As good as it is to have an entertainer in the side it seems that the self-destruct part of his game still outweighs what he could add to the side.
It would be great to think Baikie could manage the silly part of Brian's game but suspect he would be too much of a loose cannon in the current set-up.
He will probably finish his career as a player who might have done something in the game but couldn't apply himself.

Raith played terrible yday...a popped along to watch dumbarton who a must say played good all over yday and derserved the victory!...also spotted 2 east fife coaches there which hopefully means they will now the way to play next week agaist the sons

Fairbairn never played that well..everytime he got the ball there was no end product and put his team under pressure by losin the ball in dangerous areas

I'd take him if he was offered. Silly not to.

Any chance of stealing McManus too ???

bit of an entertainer myself so ive been told on and off the playing fields.?????

Bailey,
Then as now you only last until half-time

if that long.!!!

East Fife are planning to bid for McManus in the New Year

Really ? Where did you hear this ?

No, no not McManus please (or Fairbairn for that matter). Let's not go back to having jumped up prima donnas in the team who don't want to play for us anyway. The dressing room spirit is good by all accounts, there is no need to fuck things up at this stage. The only old boy I would have back is Dr Deuchar.

Whether he wanted to play for us or not, the McManus I remember worked his arse off - running all over the places, getting in about the action more than most. He was also always first on the park to warm-up.

He might be an erse in nightclubs etc but I would hardly call him a primadonna. Went about his games 100% professionally as I remember...

He did the business for us when he played for us. I'd never refuse a player of his footballing talent

How much would Raith want for him?

I think if Raith were to sell him,esp to us,there would be a uproar along the road.He is one player that there fans never slag off and in many ways ,might be there only chance ov staying up.Andrews has only played a handfull ov games for them and already there wanting him axed from there team.I would welcome Paul back.Hopefully he's learned his lessons from the past.

blair pubeic what a fanny you are, you are

RAITH FANS NO LONGER WANT FAIRBAIRN, WELL NIETHER DO THE MIGHTY FIFE FANS. P**S OFF TO COWDENBEATH YOU BIG HEADED TALENTLESS LITTLE PONCE

McManus was spotted at one of early season east fife games - possibly the friday night east stirling game.

The manner in which he left East Fife, and the subsequent Perth incident, left me with the opinion that McManus was a ned. However, time has passed, and he's maybe grown up.

He has the footballing ability to play in the current team, but would he bring disharmeny to the dressing room?

How detailed is the McManus rumour? - Could it be that it's Paul McManus who's making a return?

Don't know if the rumours er true i/10,but i think it'll cost a wee bit ti get um.Think he's out o contract at the end ov the season,so Raith might think about cashing in on him but i don't know.We've prob got a better chance ov landing the young guy Sutherland from St.Andrews Utd.Guy from work watchies them and he says that hes a good prospect.St.Andrews top scorer i think.I know its a big jump,but with the players we've got to supply him(hopefully!!!) ,ye never know.

Yeah the boy Sutherland is a good prospect he was topgoalscorer in Fife last season and is currently the topgoalscorer in the junior league this season. I was speaking to Jim Hardie over the weekend and he told me he has scored over 50 goals for the club in just a season and a bit. Can you tell im a St Andrews Fan hahahaha!