Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
kenny

I heard on tay fm this morning that we are in talks with kenny d. Can it be true, i have not been attending the footie of late but i would love to see him back.

Re: kenny

Stop it! I live in hope but don't want to get too excited!

I recall someone (alledgedly) pledging some money towards his wages (gave nothing in writing tho). The things you do for the love of fitba eh?!

If you recall Kerriann, there was another person who offered his car for the weekend if Kenny D came back and scored a hat trick, altho a VW Golf wasnt as fancy as an Aston Martin

Mind you, The Other Chairman didnt put that in writing either

I thought this thread was going to be about Zak paying to get in to Bayview.

Ah cannae rite thats why!!!
Think from the expressions on the faces of he powers that be there is some truth in the enquiry but the hard cash may be a huge stumbling block. Stirling Albion are set to back downbecause of KD's wages

From todays's Courier

EAST FIFE have expressed an interest in bringing Gretna striker Kenny Deuchar back to Bayview to help boost their title hopes.

The 26-year-old left the Methil club in 2004 after a successful spell but went on to even greater success at Raydale Park, scoring 70 goals in 97 games and equalling Jimmy Greaves’ British record of six hattricks in a season during Gretna’s march to the third division title.

After being relegated to the bench this season, however, Deuchar recently handed in a transfer request and the club have said they will not stand in his way.

Deuchar has been linked with a move to several clubs, with Morton and Stirling among those said to be interested, but East Fife manager Dave Baikie has not yet ruled out a return to Methil for the player.

“He is a proven goal- scorer,” he said. “There has been talk of him going to Stirling Albion but we’ll wait and see what happens.”

The Fifers are also continuing their search for wingers after an approach for Dumbarton’s Craig Winter was knocked back last week.

Nooooooooooo!

Seeing it in writing like that just means now that if we don't get him back I'll be gutted!!

Mr Deuchar - if you are reading this - PLEASE COME BACK. You can have the use of my husbands classic Mercedes when you score a hat-trick.

(no-body let on that it doesn't work and has been sat in a garage rotting for 5 years)

Kerriann

Try asking for him this way http://www.northpole.com/Mailroom/mailform.html
I've asked for the price of scrap to go through the roof so we can pay for Kenny D. That, the Third Division title and for Claude Anelka to have a wee brother that moves to Kirkcaldy! An elf is supposed to reply back to me but the wee bastards havenae got off their arse yet.

Now stop getting your hopes up,King Kenny does not know anything about us having talks with us,and it seem highly unlikely at this moment that he will be joining us,but it is a case of never say never,By the way cod help us I like it.

Done DHAS. Bif the mailroom elf said Santa will reply in 2 days!

HE`S COMING HOME,HE`S COMING HOME......DEUCHARS COMING HOME!!!

Tell him it's not an ordinary VW Golf - it's also got a radio and cup holders.

Kenny did a great job for us and indeed did a great job in the second division but i think these divisions were his forte. What he did for us was fantastic but where would he fit in to our present style of play? i mentioned in earlier postings about O'reillys position and how i did not think,despite his effort, ourstyle of play did not suit him. Would this be any different if it was Kenny upfront instead of Graig?

When not using Stewart's clasic Mercedes Kenny D You can have my BMW 520i (No one let on that it was build before the seige of stalingrad and has just spent a week in the garage with a chronically shattered clutch, Oo Er mRs).
Failing that can no one offer their body for medical reserch to make king kenny a legend in both medical research and football? Honest your head only swlls to the side of as pumpkin if you are fairbarn signin for the rovers!

Stirling Albion have pulled out ov the race to sign Kenny.The 100k asking price,way out ov there reach.Think it will be very unlikelly they'll want to put him out on loan if there asking silly money like that.Morton have had 2 loan deals already turned down and that was with a perm deal at the end ov the season.A shame for Kenny ,as all he prob wants to do iz play first team football.

Dave Baike must read these posts just read in the sun a piece of my previous post,he says"never say never",when it come to our king kenny,maybe I'll have to give another call.

From Zaks post "King Kenny does not know anything about us having talks with us"

I wonder how many other top goalscorers would want to know about the club talking to themselves about signing themselves?

you like talking to yourself as well