Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Todays Game

Not looking good as the score so far is

Dumbarton 1 East Fife 0

Re: Todays Game

2 - 0. Craig Winter

Brilliant(!)

We lost 2-1

Pretty dire day for East Fife supporters. Has to be said Dumbarton were first to almost every ball and thorughly deserved to win. 2 - 1 flattered us, we were out-fought and out-thought.
I've nothing positive to say about todays' performance.
First Dumbarton goal had some Fifers screaming for offside but I thought Dobbie beat the trap and then went clean totally unchallenged by the defence.
Ian Ross had a nightmare fumble under no real pressure for the second goal that Dodds would have been lambasted for.
Richie played the full 90 minutes but his value to the club must be questioned.
No shortage of effort, but just never seemed to get going. Very poor second best.

Any more comments on tonights performance?

Not a good one. We never looked at the races today.

Would pretty much agree with 'Mound veteran'. Once again, we lost a player in the warm-up, Craig O'Reilly this time - what is going on? It was the worst performance I've seen this season (mind you, I wasn't at Hampden).

It was the first time this season I would say the players let us down. Ross' abherration was one of those high spinning balls that rugby full-backs have to deal with and it spun right out of his hands. The difference between it and Dodds ones was it was a genuine mistake whereas Dodds ones are cos he goes for the ball meekly and unconvincingly at times. Ross may well play another hundred games and not do it again, so I don't think it should concern us.

Dumbarton played decent football but looked ropey on the rare occasions we got in about them. Doyle replaced Courts and done okay but we did miss our ball-winner.

Overall, I'd say the players deserve a kick up the arse for this one, but then we move on and start again next week. C'mon The Fife.

Yeah. The better team won, no doubt about it, but we were poor.
Hopefully Dave Baikie will be honest enough and see that he was, in part, culpable as our containing game did not work. Ritchie looked off the pace throughout up front and the midfield failed to get to grips with the game.
The goals were soft ones to lose but Dumbarton controlled the game from the word go. Disappointing stuff but, I'm sure lessons will be learned...

Does Baikie have the tactical mind to get us promotion? in the past few weeks we have been lacking direction,vision, width & cutting edge. Baikie should be aware of his opponents style and be an astute enough tactition to counter the opponents approach.
I am not convinced he will guide the players to promotion.

Aw fuck here we go again getting on Baikies back. zzzzzz!

We lost a game it does happen, we can't win them all. We're sitting top of the league, lost 4 games and undefeated at home and your still questioning the manager!

Anyway, we were rank yesterday and never deserved anythng, Dumbarton looked more up for it than we were. We missed Courts and O'Reilly today, as Ritchie was really poor.

Was good to see Kenny Deuchar in the stand today though...

Probably why we lost the game yesterday. Must have been unimpressed huh?

If Dumbarton were more up for it as people say, then surely the manager has to take the blame for sending out an underprepared team. Why were they more up for it than us? We should be up for every game ffs!

Was the Doctor really in the stand?

I don't think the result a surprise.We have always found it tough away from home against Dumbarton.Have to hope we can bounce back against Stenny on Sat.