Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Football focus

So whats the deal with the Bbc cameras bein at the ground the day! whats the actual reason for this? who all got interview

Re: Football focus

They're broadcasting a piece next Saturday 12.10 BBC1.

Bits I know about include an interview with the good Mr Hugh Landles - and I only know that cos he told me 17 times - along with what I suspect will be an embarrasing attempt at singing by a very small group including, God forbid, me Igor and about two others.

They also recorded Caroline - though why they need a mike for that heaven alone knows - and seemed to be filming the match tho' I suspect the edited highlights won't be longer than 3 seconds.

No idea why they've chosen us this week - anyone cast any light?

Ah, Mr Huge Sandals... a legend!!

I heard that they chose us because a few months back some sports media guy from the BBC (can't remember his name) decided to go to a game at Bayview and had a meal in the restaurant before the match. He was so impressed by the food and the friendly welcome he received he though it would make a good piece for Football Focus.
I seem to remember he wrote a letter to the East Fife Mail about his visit at the time.

Bill Hamilton is his name, used to be a news reader with the Beeb

If I'm not there in the background, it's not for the want of trying. I spent about two hours trying to get on the telly by standing behind whoever was getting interviewed. Of course, I tried to look natural, pretending to read my programme or helping myself to yet another sausage roll from the buffet. Unlike Tam, who stood rigid at the bar wearing a perpetual grin for about ten minutes when the camera was pointing in his direction!