Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
BBC FOOTBALL FOCUS

Can anyone out there please record the football focus report on Sat 29th Dec featuring east fife and post it on You Tube so us exiles can see it? Thanks in advance.....

Re: BBC FOOTBALL FOCUS

Would that be Saturday 30th?

Aye yer right.... too many beers!!!

There`s a change! Hope you are all well.

Aye, we are all doin great Tam, hope you and the boys are all well too. Karen and Euan send their best. Have a guid New Year and hopefully see you in the not too distant future.
Noo, what aboot tapin that programme for me???

He would but Glen borrowed his tape in 1947

What time is this programme on at?

Just after 12 mid-day, BBC1, I was told.

We'll get about 2 minutes, playing over the credits at the end, like they did with Elgin earlier this season.

From the Football Focus website...

Saturday's show
Saturday, BBC ONE, 1210-1300 GMT

Contact the Football Focus team

Jake Humphrey will be joined in the studio by Mark Lawrenson, Lee Dixon and Les Ferdinand as Football Focus looks forward to the weekend's football.

You can expect all the usual features, analysis and more from football's number one preview programme.

Here's a taster of what is coming up:

We'll be speaking to in-form Chelsea striker Didier Drogba whose goals over the festive period have played a huge role in keeping the Blues in the Premiership title race.

Watford boss Aidy Boothroyd is confident the Hornets can become only the second team ever to avoid relegation despite being bottom of the Premiership at Christmas.

We look back at the goals, glory, sackings and scandals of 2006 in our review of the year.

The Focus cameras are at Scottish Third Division side East Fife to check out their very reasonably priced hospitality package...

Plus another chance to see all the goals from Boxing Day's Premiership action.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hopefully one day it will be because of our great football.

I might be able to do so. I'll have to get up early enough though... Can record cooncil telly on the computer, if it works. How are you all anyway??

We are good big man, that would be braw if you could post it for me. Dunno aboot you gettin up afore mid-day mind, it'll be a struggle!!
Have a good New Year....

I had feared the worst with this, but they acually showed a good (albiet small) bit about the club and painted it in a very good picture (not that that would be hard justnow) and hopefully this will help bring more and more people through the gates.

Yeah not bad. Hadn't realise that this was the 8th succesive season in the third!!! Good old BBC.

It's not our 8th successive season - remember that wonderful year we had in Division 2 in 2003-04?

Woosh!

They jokingly talked about Les Ferdinand bringing the others up in his helicopter to sample the package.....worth following up I think, plenty of possible landing sites! Football focus live from Bayview?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H13OqbjupfQ

Waaaayyy...

Great publicity for Stringfellow eh ???

''Waiter Waiter theres a hair in my soup''
''Well it doesnt belong to the chef''

Why wasn`t it REAL supporters being shown around the ground,instead of a bunch of twerps.
Was this taken on a seperate day?

why did it say after 2mins 56secs that this is east fiufe eighth successive season in the lowest league?

surely that is wrong

Aye, we got promoted in 2003 mind.

Thanks lads, a good wee report, but like someone said - "where were the real supporters?". Tam its no like you to no get your coupon in shot!!

Us "real supporters" weren't good looking enough for the cameras

I think it was the singing that put them off using us!

Really annoyed! Jim P and myself "paid" the cameraman £15 to make sure he got at least 20 seconds coverage of us AFTER we had ate our Tomato and basil infused oil soup (just in case we dribbled)
What did we get....a split second shot of me,and it was my wrong side!

davie hamilton is a natural in front of the cameras, i bet hes done a few home movies in his time

Tam - at least you got on it!
I spent TWO HOURS in vain trying to get myself on the telly - and unlike you I have two good sides for them to choose from!!!

BTW - did you see the photo of Tam Jnr in the Courier through the week? I think I still have a copy if you didn't.

Didn`t know about that Jim.Would be grateful if you give me a copy.

Jim, I think you have to be gay to be on the telly these days. Mind you, maybe if you'd shown them that photo of you that comes up on your www.putfile.com page.

Thats no Jim ... thats Tony Robinson... AKA Baldrick and from the Time Team!!

Tam - article has been cut out and saved for your family scrap-book. It's one of the photos I took with a wee bit write up as well.

As for the putfile photo - I'll have to do something about that. They insist you put a photo of yourself on the home page and that's the only one that was to hand!