Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Arbroath v East Fife

Lichties facing crucial double header

ARBROATH kick off the first of two vital home games at Gayfield today knowing that decent results against third division leaders EAST FIFE and Angus rival Montrose on Tuesday could go a long way to consolidating their promotion ambitions.

Dave Baikie’s team will be keen to maintain their position at the top, but a win for the Lichties would draw the Fifers back into the fray—with five other teams chasing at least a play-off spot.

Manager John McGlashan said, “We are looking forward very much to getting to grips with the big spenders of the third division and it will be a proper test for us.

“I think we have been doing remarkably well lately and when you think that at this time last season we were 19 points behind the top team and right now we are just six points adrift, it is clear we are doing something right.

“There’s still along way to go but I feel we are in a good position to compete in the second half of the season.

“East Fife have some terrific football players—some of whom I’d be more than happy to have at Gayfield—and since they took the lead in the league they have definitely become the team to beat.

“I would go so far as to say that the team which finishes above East Fife—if anyone can catch and overtake them—will be the winners of the division.

Striker Bryan Scott is suspended, having been being sent off against Queen’s Park last week, but Alan Brazil, Roddy Black and Marc McCulloch will all be available for selection.

Fans’ favourite Iain Dobbins, too, could come back into the squad even though he may not have a long-term future at the club as he has told McGlashan he is considering a move to Australia.

Keeper John Dodds is likely to return to the Fifers’ number one shirt after Iain Ross suffered a recurrence of his niggling back injury last week, while Sam Linton and Paul Hampshire missed out last weekend with flu.

www.thecourier.co.uk