Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SFA to investigate tunnel bust up

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/77766.html

PAUL THOMSON at Gayfield January 01 2007

For 90 minutes at Gayfield, this encounter between first and fourth in the league was played in good spirits. Cue Ryan Blackadder's late lunge on Steven Rennie in the third minute of added time.
Blackadder dived in with his studs showing and referee Anthony Law had no option but to show the midfielder a straight red card. It was from here that this match descended into chaos.
David Baikie, the East Fife manager, was sent to the stand for his protestations over the sending off and immediately after the final whistle came what can only be described as a 22-man rammy, with the police and stewards all getting involved in the fracas.
Both parties tried to play things down post match, but there were murmurings that there had been an altercation in the tunnel between Baikie and Arbroath defender Robbie Raeside. It was given some credence by Raeside's vituperative remarks aimed at Baikie (branding him a 'f****** disgrace') as the defender headed back out for the warm-down. The police presence between the two dressing rooms also suggested there was more to it. When asked about it, Baikie said: "I didn't see it. I just saw a ruckus. There were a few heated verbals going back and forward, it was handbags really. There was nobody hit or anything like that - not that I've heard anyway."
A police spokesperson later added: "There was an incident in the tunnel at the end of the match. It's been dealt with by the SFA and by the clubs and there is no police involvement."

Re: SFA to investigate tunnel bust up

What hope is there when the police arrive at the ground in panda cars and drive into the ground through the exit where the East Fife fans were departing the ground? Totally stupid and highly irresponsible if you ask me.

"For 90 minutes at Gayfield, this encounter between first and fourth in the league was played in good spirits"

Were you at the game, caller? Enough said!

I thought the game was innocuous until the last 5 minutes so the caller was correct.

A fair summing up in The Courier this morning:

Tempers boiled over at the end of Saturday’s clash between some Arbroath players and East Fife officials as the teams left the park but McGlashan played the incident down.

“I think on a scale of one to ten I’d give it a one,” he said. “I’ve always had a good relationship with the East Fife management team and that will continue.

“If you can’t get passionate and excited about a third division match between rivals at the top of the table then there’s something far wrong!”

Despite McGlashan’s words, the incident has been reported to the SFA and both clubs can expect to be told to curb their levels of ‘passion”.