Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Historical Kits

East Fife page now up at

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Scottish_Football_League/East_Fife/East_Fife.htm

Noticed a few errors/omissions already.

Re: Historical Kits

I've always liked the one shown for the '64-'65 season. But anything with the stripes and white shorts is okay with me. I take it there will be a new strip for next season? If so, a rehash of the '64-'65 would get my £40. Has to be said that this seasons is as good a strip as we have had in a long time.

Why not approach TOFFS to do a retro sixties EF kit? I would glady shell out good money for one, though it would have to be better than the 40's and 70's ones they currently do which have too many details wrong. Maybe the Trust could suss out?

totally agree DHAS. The mid sixties strip is the business. A straight copy for next season please

I like the second strip

I like the black and white stripes

Maroon fir masel

Green and white hoops.

F**k Benfica

All black one

The 1997/8 one for me

Gold and red wi shiny red shorts a la John Barnes before his careeer took a dive up North

Green and Red and White Striped one from a few year's back was best.

Oh FFS people :-)

If anyone has any onformation to fill in any gaps, (are you out there Mr Corstorphine) then please get in contact with the website owner.

One for the "oldies" out there; I seem to remember we had an Admiral kit in the late 70's that was similar to the Dundee/Wales/Coventry kit of the time, all gold with two pairs of black stripes down the front. Is this right or am I imagining it?

Between that and the black/gold stripes (as worn by Gavin Murray, I think we had another gold shirt, anyone remember it? Anyone know how long we wore the "Intersport special" black/gold striped shirt - white shorts for?

You're right about the Wales etc one, FF. I reckon it was about '77 or '78. I think the away one at that time was white with the same two black stripes.

The Admiral kit came in in 1976/77 and we only really wore it for that season as i recall. It was an orangey thing (not gold) and we wore it with black shorts and white socks w/black and gold tops. The change strip (the home team changed if there was a colour clash in those days) was Admiral also and was all white with black stripes, the stripes running onto the shorts as per the Coventry strip. After that we wore a more plain Admiral top with black stripes along the sleeves with black shorts. The stripes returned in 81/82 I think.

The Admiral kit with the Coventry-style stripes was introduced in 1976/77, but lasted more than one season. I would say it lasted three seasons. However, it was not worn every week. Sometimes we wore the plain orange Admiral shirt with the two stripes down the arms instead of the chest. There was no rhyme or reason to which one was worn.

There was also a tracksuit in the style of the Admiral chest stripes. The trousers were black, and were flared. They were a joke!

The white 'away' version of the Admiral kit was not introduced until 1978/9 in the Second Division. I think the first wearing was a home game against Meadowbank Thistle in September 1978, the day before the Gillies & McIvor testimonial. In 1976/7 and 1977/8 in the First Division, our 'away' kit was a plain white shirt with traditional 1970s collar, the letters EFFC on the chest, and black shorts.

I'll get my anorak...

We wore the Intersport one for 3 seasons;
1982-83
1983-84
1984-85

Can anyone fill in any earlier gaps? The site has the gold/black pinstripes one for the 64-65 season but I know it was worn later than that, as there used to be a photo somewhere of the team with Henry McLeish wearing it with gold (I think) shorts.

Anyone have an original '64/'65 jersey in their possession?? I pay good money for that...

I've a framed, signed top from the last ever game at Bayview Park that could be traded.

I've had a look on the net for companies that will make you a one-off replica top made to order - can't seem to find one anywhere.

I believe TOFFs will make replicas if they are sure there a demand for them. Not sure how many projected sales they would need to do it though. As i mentioned above perhaps the Trust or Supporters Club could approach them?

I've checked my old programmes and press cuttings, and it turns out we wore the Coventry-style Admiral shirt for as many as five seasons, from 1976/7 to 1980/1. As I've said already, for some matches we also wore the plain orange kit with two stripes down the arms. Not sure what we wore in 1981/2 - no photos in the programmes, and my enthusiasm for keeping cuttings from the EFM was at a low point. But as Angusfifer says, we wore the Intersport kit in 1982/3.

I was wrong about the first time we wore the white change Admiral kit. It was the first game in the Second Division after relegation, a 2-0 defeat at home to Albion Rovers in August 1978.