Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
MARTIN

Just heard from a good source at my work that john martin is on his way back to raith and that he was in talks with them on saturday.aslo craig smart could be following him. Can someone clear this up.

Re: MARTIN

Total bullshit as far as Martin, however I also heard that C Smart may go back, not a big loss, currently, overweight, unfit, uninterested, and a bad influence in the dressing room.

Just been on the Rovers web site, Fairbairn has finally been found out, and the fans are calling for him to be moved on. Hopefully not to us, we keep Martin and they can keep that little fart.

I wouldn`t want Martin to go but id let them have Craig Smart,i was hoping we would get rid of Craig Smart in January,i dont think hes good enough for divison 2.
I hope John Martin stays because him comign off the bench is a key thing against teams when there defenders are tiring or his pace against defenders when he starts.

I had a feeling Montrose might have been interested in taking Craig Smart back, maybe we could swap him for Scott Michie.

Incidentally I hope we keep John Martin, his pace up front is an asset, although he does miss some sitters!

just got told that martin is 100% on his way and the deal should be done for next week. As for smart he is not sure on him yet. will keep you posted

Yeah, I was speaking to my flatmates, cousins, uncles dog and he told me that Martin was away to the Rovers!

just wait and see then. my source who cant be named has never let me down.

SPY ON THE WALL, SACK YOUR INFORMER, AS HE IS SO SO WRONG. BELEVE ME "I KNOW FOR A FACT, THAT MARTIN WAS NO WHERE NEAR STARKS ON SATURDAY"

Spy on the wall, I'm not doubting your story, but if you are sure of what you are telling us, can you go further and say what the deal is? Is it a player swap or a straight cash deal?

its a cash deal.SAPPER756 i can tell u that martin was invited at starks as a former player and had talks with raith.

Surely Zak can shed some light on this?

i have now bein told that smart is also to sign to.

Point 1. correct, he was invited to attend.
Point 2. incorrect, he did not attend, and certainly did not have talks. I KNOW!!!!!!

"Spy on the wall" just had a couple off phone calls to say that apparently am going back to Raith Rovers. Sorry to disappoint u but am an Eastfife player and i am staying here. Although i do find you funny. Your SOURCE tells you that i had talks with Raith Rovers on Saturday and i can confirm that your source is talking shite. Anyway why dont you name yourself instead of "spy on the wall" to scared maybe.

WELL,WELL THEN, SPY ON THE WALL, WHERE ARE YOU? IT,S ALL GONE QUIET! IF ONLY YOU HAD LISTENED TO ME

Great news John!

And there was I,thinking I was watching John playing against Arbroath on Saturday.

mmmmmmmm is this the real john martin.

spy on the wall i would love to meet you personaly but you are a real walter mitty, and i have been told a cross dresser,i was at starks park on tuesday and there was a person sitting next to me smelling of p--s and s---e and looked like they were in fear of being found out to being a raith imposter i think it was the e.f. scarf hidden under your fur coat along with the pink dress and heavy growth that gave you away. you are just a clown that comes on this site and spouts s---e, why dont you do as john martin says and name your self or are you so f----d up you dont even know who you are your self.

Yes, because I was one of the people who phoned him.

ok then but craig smarts on his way.

Glad to hear your staying John. It can't be easy coming off the bench all of the time and being expected to deliver the goods.

Aw class! Like Travel Agent, I'm chuffed that John Martin is staying. He may have his faults, but no-one tries harder to win every week than him.

Who else can we phone though? Anyone got Tony Blair's number? Better still, who has Claude Anelka's number? I would like to shake that man's hand.

Please God no! Not John 'headless chook' Martin.

Utter guff.

U also had................the list is endless

Johnathan, we got the better deal, with the swap of Martin for gutless, lazy, Fairbairn. See on your web site all you guys are looking to move him on, BUT NOT BACK TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE ARE KEEPING MARTIN

Jonathon, that's not you rubbishing the player that was your top scorer the season before he joined us is it? Are you willing to argue that you lot got the better end of the swap deal that saw us get John Martin and left you lot with Brian Fairbairn?

Great news that you are staying John. Let's hope the manager starts giving you more starts. Kevin Gordon and Craig Smart are very lucky to have way more starts than you this season. Let's hope that changes soon!

Looks like he`ll be keeping the bench warm again ,as new signings nicholas & gibson will be ahead of him

It doesn,t bother me where John is, all I know is if given a chance whether as a sub or a starter, he will give 100% and get stuck in.

we should get rid of all 3. smart, gordan and martin. not 1 has produced the goods all season. the amount of points they have cost us. the defence get dogs abuse for their mistakes but the chances our strikers miss cost us points as well. what can we expect when our top scorer is a midfield player.

Get rid of Gordon, why?

I like Gordon - I think he does a really honest shift. Mind you, I liked Joe McBride and folk still gie me pelters aboot that.

because he doesn't show enough consistancy or composure. how many games has he finished? if he was any good why is he almost the first player to be subbed whether he's playing well or not?

FFS,I hope the players don`t read some of this.Won`t exactly fill them with confidence will it?

Hopefully we have had our bad patch (albeit a rather long one) and with the new players coming in,this season could be one to remember.
Give me that scenario over what we had to endure last year any day.

C`MON THE FIFE!!

I don't understand why Gordon gets slated on here.

He has scored a few goals for us which have been important. Queens Park at home for example. Get off the guys back and give him support.

Well said, these are the guys who, as a squad, have taken us to the top of the league. We shouldn't rest on our laurels of course, and we're not. Everyone's working hard to strengthen the squad further. I'd like to say a big 'well done' to all the players who have featured for the Club this season.