Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Stevie Nicholas

Happy New Year everyone,just got a message from Stevie and he is now free,he has been released from stranraer,So Mr Baikie if you are reading this forum Stevie would love to come and play for East Fife,I have his number and so does Gary Kelly,if you are interested.with Ryan out we could do with him,

Re: Stevie Nicholas

He'd be an ideal replacement for Ally Mitchell or Craig Smart

Come on Baikie - Here is a guy who always gave 100 %, scored a number of goals in a poor side and wants to return to Bayview. No transfer fee and I don't think he would be looking for that much money. Stevie is a quality player, good guy and might be the one who could get on the end of chances we are at present creating but not finishing. If Craig Smart is going to the Rovers, Stevie is an ideal replacement.

Got to be worth a go.Nicholas is a quality player who would more than hold his own in the 3rd Division.
Better than Smart..no question.

stevie would give us the spark we r needin up front some1 to help o'reilly, he makes good runs and a good finisher 2. come on baike get him signed

Hear, hear. Stevie was a class player last time and was head and shoulders above the rest of the squad. Now that we have a few decent players, Stevie could be the spark that we need to go on and win this league.

This would be Stevie's 3rd time at Bayview,any one who has returned over the last few seasons has been a disaster,eg.Herkes,Graham,Donaldson. Remember when Steve returned the 2nd time it was posted on AFTN that Brown and the Board were on an ego trip or words to that effect so what will the new Board be on if he comes for a 3rd time.

I'd like to add my support to this.
Stevie Nick was a great player for us and he'd slot right into the current team no problem.
A great player and a really decent guy. He told me a wee while ago that he'd never sign for the Fife again until Derrick Brown was away from the club.
Well, that day is here.
Please, Dave Baikie and Willie Gray, bring Stevie back to Bayview

Come on David Baikie and Willie Gray sign Stevie up,this our perfect chance to get someone in with a bit of quality that will fit in perfect and will lead us to winning the league.
Come on David and Willie get him signed up asap!

just got a phone call berwick are after him and they have signed Chris Mcgroarty

A brilliant player and someone who always gave 110% ,i'd love to see him back in the black and gold.

Don`t know about anyone else,but when you hear that Berwick have signed McGroarty and are after Nicholas,it does make you wonder when we will make some signings.
We will NOT win the league with the current squad.New players MUST be brought in ASAP.

The very fact that Berwick are after Steve is extremely worrying. The Borderers are our most serious challengers for the title and with Stevie Nicholas in their team they'd be pretty formidable.
I'd be extremely worried if he signed for anyone else other than the Fife.

Agree with everything thats been said, it would be ridicilous not to sign a player like Stevie, especially when our main title rivals will sign him if we don't and I bet he'll score a barrowload against us whilst helping them to the title!

I absolutely agree with Pete. They way we have been playing recently does not show that we are title favourites and we need some quality signings now and Stevie would be an excellent signing.

I feel it would be a mistake bringing back Stevie Nicolas as he is no better then what we have already. I also don't think we should be looking at any other third division players nor for that matter anyone who featured in yesterdays game at St Andrews, Mr Baikie. I say we should invest in bringing back the good Doctor, after all why pay the wages of three the standard of Slackbladder when we can have one at the Doctors standard

Whilst we'd all love to see the good doctor back at Bayview I think that paying £600 a week for one man could upset the dressing room a wee bit.

I also disagree that Stevie Nick isn't better than what we have already, in terms of ability he is excellent, hard to tackle, strong, pacey and an eye for goal. He is passionate about East Fife and would clearly love to return, if Dave Baikie turns a blind eye and lets him go to Berwick then there's something wrong.

Stevie is to football as Barry John is to rugby.

Between the posts but over the bar!

Did any potential signings play in yesterdays bounce game?

got to disagree with you walter this time,Stevie is better than a few players we have and he has been playing in the first division for the past two seasons even though he is not playing every week he was scoring when he was given the chance

Zak, I love East Fife and feel that I'm a good chap, that doesn't mean that I am good enough to get a game for the Fife.
I think your personal feelings for Stevie maybe clouding your judgement. He had his chance twice, lets move on to better players!

Max - No disrespect but who are these better players you are thinking about ? Judging by most of the comments on this thread most fans would be delighted to have Stevie back at Bayview. Some of the names being thrown around like Deuchar and McManus are very unlikely to be at Bayview by the end of January so lets be realistic about players we can attract. I think Stevie could get a few goals in this present team and could provide a bit of experience to the team without the advancing years of Crabe and Ritchie.

I'm not to sure who the players are but I can't help feeling that with the experiance that Baikie has of football at Junior level that he surely has his eye on one or two up and coming stars rather than players that are on their way out of the game like Richie and Crabbe.

One things for sure,if we don`t sign at least 2 players,there is absolutely no chance of winning the league.
C`mon Baikie and Gray,we have an absolutely wonderful chance to win the league.Let`s capatilise on our good start and go to the next stage by strenghtening the squad.
Can`t the Trust help out by contributing to a players wage?
Stevie Nicholas is a good start and would be a welcome addition,but we need more. I`m sure Baikie is aware of this,but the delay in new signings is a worry.