Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Recipes

Anyone got any good recipes for an authentic curry?
I`ve got quite a few,but could do with a change.
Maybe we could do a readers recipe page.I`m sure Keriann may have some to share.

Re: Recipes

We could call it Cooking With Kerriann (take one packet. pierce several times. put in microwave. turn on microwave. heat. eat) or Baking with Baikie could be a spin off.

If anyone has a good Chicken Chasni recipe though, wouldn't mind that.

Cooking with I_10: pickup phone, place order, wait 15 minutes for delivery, pay (but don't tip!). yum, yum.

Cooking With Vander
10 pints of beer
Bottle of Rum
20 Regal
Pizza
Mix well inside stomach
Preparation is the key!

Angusfifer's Rogan Josh (I prefer lamb but you can use any meat or vegatables)

Heat up some ghee or vegetable oil
Add a few cardamon seeds and cloves
Fry gently for about ten minutes to flavour the oil then remove
Add spices (teaspoon each of cumin, turmeric, paprika, 2tsp ground coriander & garam masala, half a teaspoon of nutmeg) also add chopped chillis either fresh or from a jar (to taste according to how hot you like your curry)
Fry gently for a few minutes but take care not to burn. Very important.
Add your meat or vegetables and cook until meat is sealed.
Add a tin of chopped tomatoes, one clove or a teaspoon of chopped garlic and a little water
Leave on the hob, stirring occasionally until the meat has cooked and the sauce is a good consistency (can take up to half an hour)
Taste the sauce, add lime juice to taste, some more garam masala and freshly chopped coriander
Leave for a few more minutes then serve
You can add some yoghurt if you wish and more fresh coriander but do not heat the yoghurt or it will curdle

Forgot to mention, if you are chopping a clove of garlic then fry towards the end of the frying stage. It is very easy to burn the garlic which will impair the flavour...

I recommend my Kremlin Kebab when you're russian for food and there's no time for stalin...

GoF - even that level of cooking should be named Cooking wih Stewart. I find it best to stay away from a kitchen unless I'm standing at the back door having a smokeable refreshment!

Pick up phone -----
Dial local pizza house -----

''What kind of pizzas do you have?''

''We do any kind that you want''

''Do you deliver''

''Yes sir, we deliver''

''Can I have a liver and onion with cheese and pineapple then please''

''Sorry we dont do liver''

''Thought you said you did liver?''

Chicken Chasni.

40ml Vegetable Oil
2 onions,finely chopped
1tsp ground turmeric
1tsp red chilli powder
salt to taste
560g boneless chicken,cubed
180g mango chutney
200g tomato ketchup
1tsp fresh mint
5ml lemon juice
400ml single cream
a splash of single cream and some slices of lemon for garnishing.

Heat oil in a wok over medium heat.Add the onions and saute until they are golden brown.Stir in the ground turmeric,chilli powder and salt.Add the chicken cubes and stir fry for 10 mins.
Now add the mango chutney,tomato ketchup,mint and lemon juice and,over medium heat,simmer for 10 minutes until chicken is cooked.
Slowly stir in the cream and simmer for a further 2 mins.
Serve hot,garnished with the single cream and the lemon slices.

Aye, you've no lost it have ye Tam!! Still use yer chicken in black bean sauce recipe to this day!!
Throw in chicken, add jar o sainsburys sauce and serve!!

I think I missed oot the heat up bit tho!!

depends what time o night n how pished

Very true LF!! By the way UFO touring Scotland end of March, should be a good un'