Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Wages

Ok, Ritchie on £250+ a week.
Anybody know what others are getting paid?

Re: Wages

..and how much is through the books / taxed and how much is in cash??

Who cares Mr Mole? Are you a taxman?

Well, if the Trust were doing their job, they would care. And even you, clearly an intellectual heavyweight, might care when the tax authorities come calling and the club is faced with a huge tax bill.

It's only a matter of time, you know.

What you are saying is that the club are avoiding paying tax then? You obviously know this as being fact, do you?

BTW, what is being an 'intellectual heavyweight' got to do with it? I'm puzzled and would appreciate an explanation?

their once was a bloke called mole,
who talked a lot of shit from his hole,
I think he might be gay,
because of the things he does say,
He doesn't support the fife,
because he has not got a life,
and more than likley has
been deserted by his wife.

Rabhaw, that little mark at the end of my remarks is what they call a question mark. It is used to denote that the preceding words constitute a question rather than a statement.

However, I chastise myself again for descending to the level of insults and so I apologise for the sarcasm.

And max power, if that's the best you can do, I would hate to see your offering when you're on MIN power!

The question is, why do you continue to post on this forum ?

Thanks for explaining what a question mark is and its meaning. What about your knowledge of the clubs tax evasion?

No, the questions are does anyone know how much the players are paid, supplemented by my question as to whether they are legitimately paid through the books or not.

And if you don't like me asking perfcetly reasonable questions, that's too bad....for you!

Good grief, Rabhaw!!

I asked a question because I don't know the answer. Can't you understand that?

Why ask a hypothetical question Mole? What is the point, may I ask?

And... who do you expect to answer this hypothetical question? The chairman, a fan? Daft question really, wasn't it?

Hypothetically, the Trust Rep on the board would be able to answer. Unfortunately, there isn't one...and there never will be, IMHO.

Reading your other posts on this site, I do believe you genuinely have EFFC's interests at heart. But I think you are harming EFFC with some of your comments. Why not try and b a bit more optimistic? You have got to admit there has been a major change in the last year and it has been for the better.

I agree that the atmosphere and, generally, the football is better. But I am a worrier, and - I think - with good reason. Nothing would make me happier than to be proved wrong with my fears.

As supporters, our biggest worry should be how the team perform. That is worrying me at the moment.

Agree, but players (and managers) come and go. My main concern is the longer term future of the club.

That sounds like something mr derek brown would say

What do you think supporters during the successful years were concerned about? I'd say it was most likely how the team performed and not about who was running the club. The club is still around 50 years on!

Mole,
The Trust board are holding their regular meeting in the Dean Park Hotel on Monday 22nd Jan. Instead of using an unofficial forum to express what you think the Trust should or shouldn't be doing come along and tell us.
Although there is not a Trust member on the board we are certainly in a position to pass on the concerns of any member to the EFFC board. Even if you are not a member we will be pleased to listen to your concerns. Please confirm you plan to attend and we will include it as an agenda item.

Very kind of you to issue a personal invite. You don't say what time, but in any event it is less than convenient for an open East Fife trust meeting to be held along in Kirkcaldy. Unless of course there is a reason for that location.

I shall certainly try to organise my diary accordingly, but won't commit at this time.

Sorry, the meeting time is 19.30 and it is the regular Trust board meeting rather than a full members meeting. We hope you can arrange your diary accordingly. If of course you cannot manage I ( possibly together with another Board member) will be happy to meet with you at a time and place of your choice.

are you delivering my fruit before this meeting or after?

Accountant. Why don't you display your wages for all to see first?? Then you have the right to ask what others earn for display on a public site. [nosey c**t]

Mole, why would the taxation situation be of concern to the trust?