Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Baikie

Just to add fuel to the fire....Baikies reputation was built, primarily at Junior level, mainly on getting results with 3rd division teams. Recently? no results. Some facts: his training is disorganised and out-dated; his tactics are non-existent; he does not talk to his players, preferring to shy away from one to one discussion.
Basically he is not the right man to make use of WG's investment as we are now realising.

Re: Baikie

Though i'm not as qualified as those of you watching the team every week to make a judgement, and i'm as angry about the recent run of results as any other fan, I don't think a change of manager is the way forward at this stage and I am still hopefull that Baikie is the right man for the job.

I think managers should be judged on the entire season, Dave Baikie should at least be given that.

The players have to take responsibility for the recent terrible form, managers can only do so much and then its up to the team to produce. I believe and hope that the players will be hurting like hell after yesterday, if they aren't then theres something wrong.

They can begin to make ammends by beating Berwick next week, if we cannot do that we can kiss the league title goodbye...

I think you are a wee bit premature Mr Off. Managers are judged on results and so far these have been a vast impovement on our previous seasons since relagation from the 2nd.

Would we have been suprised if under Jim Moffat we remained unbeaten at home till after the festive period or were joint top of the league? No, we would have been absolutely fucking speechless as both the players and the tactics were not up to the job of getting us promoted.

Having seen East Fife home and away we have hit a bit of a bad spell but still remain in touch. I'll take that and reserve my judgement on Baikie for the end of the season.

Both yesterday and at Dumbarton away I thought we struggled in wet and windy conditions which is a worry.
My judgement on the team is that if Jablonski is on form/up for it/not told to stick in defensive role we will win or be very hard to beat. Otherwise we stuggle to do anything other than defend resolutely.
Im hoping the new signings take some of the heat off him and start to covert the many chances we hjave been creating and not converting (particularly in away games).

Agree with most of what you say Mark, but we did not create anything yesterday really. The forwards had nothing to play to because we had no effective midfield. I have seen Blackadder getting criticised on this site, but he normally puts in a lot of work in midfield winning the ball, passing it effectively, being available to take passes and we definitely missed that. Fortune should have been playing yesterday in his absence, in my opinion.

I agree with Igor about the manager btw.

I also agree with igor knob head who thinks baikie made his name in the juniors alone doesn't have a clue. He took over Arbroath after they finished the previous season bottom of the 3rd, in his 1st season won the division at a canter automatic promotion the following season and resigned after an arguement with the board the next season when they were 4th in the 1st division 3 points off a promotion place into the Premier league!! How the f**k is that just making a name for himself in the juniors and by the way it was his team that mixu inherited that got promotion wi Cowdenbeath as well

If Baikie is such a good manager and had a club knocking on the door of the SPL (my arse), why is he a part-timer in the Third Division? I like the way that you are claiming credit for Cowdenbeath winning the league several light years after Baikie left the club. If that is the case, why doesn't he just leave East Fife now? We would romp to the championship, and Baikie could pat himself on the back for putting the squad together. The sad thing is that this is probably true. A better manager would have had this league wrapped up by now with the strength of squad that Baikie has at his disposal.