Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
RUTHLESS

Right guys un galls,were in freefall,bubble burst time,rutt,crap or whatever you want ti pit it.I think we all agree changes to freshing up the team are needed.Players are coming in,so who gets the punt?Crabbe,Ritchie,Dair for being on the sidelines for to long?
C.Smart,Hampshire,Gordan,for not being consistant enough.
Dodds ,Martin,for costing us points?
These are just examples.(theres a few on that list i would actually keep)If YOU were the manager,who GO'S.

Re: RUTHLESS

The Manager should go, I have been saying for weeks now that Baikie does not have the tactical ability the managerial requirements or the true driving ambition to take East Fife on to the heights the Fans deserve.
Certain players do need to go, others have to have a good look at themselves, however the Manager should consider is position first.

Yeah, let's sack our manager while we're top of the league. Great idea...

Why not? He has no contract, and there would be a stampede of better managers who would fancy taking charge of such a strong squad of players who still have a great chance of winning the league.

We have won nine points from the last nine games. For a club that has spent so much money and wants to win the title, that is shoogly peg territory.

I agree with Angus!

Seriously though, it is not time to hit the panic button and sack the manager. He has to, and I believe he will, make the necessary changes to the squad and the tactics. I have faith in Baikie. It is not a blind faith though and my opinion may change if we slip right down but for the moment, we are hanging onto the top spot by the skin of our teeth and I think that Baikie will turn it around.

I would never have imagined that we would be in this position at the start of the season but we are and I am thankful for that. I truly believe that Baikie is the right man for the Fife and he will ensure that we get back on track.

Enfifer - I would keep Gordon, Martin and Smart. Gordon I think should have a starting place and I would use the other two as super subs. Saying that, I'm a wummin and what do I ken?!

To call for the head of the manager at this stage is very reactionary. Who would you get to take over?

Why are you scared of reacting to events? The proverbial blind man can see that East Fife are going to be picked off by the other promotion challengers. So just sit back and let it happen. Then when we kick-off season 2007/08 in the Third Division, take comfort from the fact that at least you weren't reactionary.

9 POINTS OUT OF 33? ISN`T THAT REASON ENOUGH TO COMPLAIN?

Grow up 'Don't panic Captain Mainwaring'.

Your name will also go on the list! What is it?

Don't tell him, Pike!

Na, na, nana, na!

Whistle while you work,
Hitler is a twerp
He's 'alf Balmy,
so's his army,
whistle while you work

Some of you would have Baikie fired and replaced in a minute, then after a bad spell you'd have his replacement fired just as quick.

Talk about fickle, some of you have very very short memories.

I'm undecided on Baikie but what is clear is that we are shit, are getting worse and are odds-on in my humble opinion for a mid-table finish judging by what I've seen on the pitch and read on here. I can't see us all of a sudden miraculously starting to attempt to play football and beat any teams (never mind our challengers for promotion). Baikie is shocking with the press with his comments/excuses and as I see with the Courier he lets his assistant give the interviews after a wake-up call, embarrassing result. Does not bode well for a manager in control I think. His tactics or rather ability to change tactics (subs etc) leave a lot to be desired too.

Point is, if we don't get out of this league with this decent squad of ours we could be f@cked financially in the future and I do tend to agree with some opinions that maybe others could salvage the situation. No one has the devine right to be manager of this club, regardless of past successes or raport with the fans.

We are spending some serious money for a 3rd div club and are in freefall.

I'm not saying sack him on the spot but the the term a 'shaky peg' has to be an apt one.

Bearing in mind, I'd been wanting Baikie to get the job for seasons and was glad when he got it.

For those who are saying go and support Rangers or Celtic, it's not all about winning - it's about the lacklustre tactics, performances and lack of improvement. The rot has set in.

Pish football with results silences everyone but shit football and shit results means fans have a right to moan and question things.

I have heard moaning by so called 'supporters' at Bayview even when we were winning games. These people will never be happy and are to be ignored. Whinge, whinge, whinge, whinge........... is all we get from them. I'd rather they did go and support the old firm, so we could be rid of them.

Rabhaw-

You strike me as one of life's born losers. Did you cheer East Fife to relegation from the Second Division? Well done.

DPCW, why don't you write to the EFFC board and demand to be appointed as manager? you clearly know what you are talking about.

Because unlike you, I know a decent football manager when I see one.

No messing:
OUT: Ritchie, Dair,C Smart, Hampshire,Dodds.

Keep Crabbe in a coaching role only,

KEEP: Martin, always gives 100%
Gordon, reliable.
J Smart, top man.
S Linton, always progressing.
Blackadder, only after being given a KICK up the arse
Java, till the end of the season.
C O,Reilly, plenty of potential.
Ross, only if he can stay injury free.
McGowan, solid at the back.

I`m kind of caught in 2 minds about the situation. What worries me is that W.Gray has provided Baikie with some serious cash to provide us with promotion.What will happen if we fail? Will W.Gray decide his investment wasn`t wise and decide to call it a day?
I wouldn`t be so worried if the poor form was over a few weeks,but we do have serious cause for concern at 9 points out of 33 and when did we score more than 1 or 2 goals on a game?
Saturdays game was huge for us,and just as important as the Berwick game this week.Everyone knew a w in would have gave everyone a big boost and the players were not up for it,why was that?

Lose on Saturday,and we are a play off team at best.

DPCW "I know a good manager when I see one".
I looked back to when DB was appointed but maybe I missed your post that warned everybody that he was useless and that we would be bottom of the league by Jan.

Don't panic Captain Mainwaring -

So you are a born loser because you happen to SUPPORT
a football team that isn't winning every week? So, what are the Shire supporters then after Saturday, born losers or born winners? What are Rangers supporters.... Elgin.... Watford etc, etc?

Okay, we have had shit performances, shit results of late, but a change of manager would do us no good at this time, it may give a temporary lift to some players to make them try harder, but then what ?

As has already been said some people seem to have a short memory and weren't complaining when results were going in our favour. I could see the point if we were in mid table with no chance but we are still in with a shout, obviously with results having to improve to make sure of that.

Berwick were nowhere a couple of months ago, but have had a great run, so hopefully we can run into some similar form. Every team has a dodgy spell, hopefully our turn is about to end, starting with the Berwick game.

Lets face it, this time last year if you were told we would be in the top three going into the second half of the season you would have gladly accepted it.

TOC - that is barely worth a reply. i wasn't in your welcoming party. why can't you admit what is happening? as for your reference to us being bottom of the league:- no we are not bottom of the league, but we have just lost to the second bottom team in the league. maybe there is a wee clue in there.

Rabhaw - you would rather sit and suffer than rock the boat. why argue for better when you can avoid conflict by settling for less? defending the results over the past three months is a no-brainer. it is funny that you mention rangers. i might be wrong but i think they might just have changed managers to save their season. a crazy gamble, I am sure you will agree

There's nothing we like better doon Methil way than a good greet about how bad everything is and how is away to get a whole lot worse very shortly.
Leave these folks alone. If they weren't on here sounding off they'd probably be boring you to tears in the pub about how shite the beer is an how this place used to be jumpin on a saturday night.

However for the more seriously afflicted I would recommnend a short course of Cognitive Therapy which works wonders for your overall world view and self image.
(Free on the NHS in some areas)

Dont worry be happy

Things will turn around soon,we will still be up there at the end of the season,Dave Baikie will pull us through,All I can say is get off his back,get behind him and the team instead of booing him and them I have heard it all season,baikie make changes,baikie do this,baikie do that,he will do things his way and he will get us through our bad patch,I will forecast that it will end this weekend and then we can go from strength to strength.

Do East Fife deserve to have a succesful team? With so called supporters criticising a manager and players half way through a season and with a team at the top of the league Probably real tossers who have never played football or wouldn't know a footballer if they tripped over one. 'Prophets of Doom' who don't even have the courage to use their own name, Christ how cowardly can you get criticising and complaining and not having the balls to put your name to anything.

I think there needs to be rethink on this site that require people to post honestly and openly and identify themselves

Spot on Martin.Totally agree with you.

I agree Martin I agree

"Spot on" "totaly agree" by ANON and ZAK I TAKE IT THESE ARE YOUR real NAMES Don,t think so

I also agree with Martin, recent results have been very very frustrating, and on Saturday we hit rock bottom..... BUT, we have no divine right to success, and anyone who thinks so would be better off following the old firm. We have a manager who has helped us to the top of the table for 99.9% of the season so far, to suggest that he does not deserve at least a full season in charge is just idiotic.

If we blow it this season then the buck stops with the manager, after 36 games.

There is a long way to go, lets win on Saturday and get back on track.

DPCW
Simple question - did you post to warn everyone that DB was the wrong choice ?
On paper he was probably the best option at the time as the cream of football management were hardly fighting each other for the job. Have you forgotten what it was like last season ?

The other option was David Robertson, who has done a fantastic job at Montrose, he just resigned tonight, perhaps the Baikie out crew would like us to appoint him?

can any of you take on board a critical look at your beloved club without having a snarling fit? I don't suppose any of you said a single word against jim moffat but would moffat have done any worse than this with the budget that baikie has? I think he would have done far better.

TOC:- no i did not say baikie would be a disaster, and nor did i welcome him like the second coming. he deserved time to show what he was capable of. we have seen what he is capable of, and the current east fife squad should be doing much much better than nine points from nine games

DPCW
Another easy one - what were the exact words of your warning nine games ago ? Someone who understands football management like you do probably knew at that time DB was not the man for the job and let everyone know.

How about 38 points form 63?? That's a 60% success rate.

I am sorry to say I expected a slump from the beginning of the second half of the season. This is not to do with the manager or players or even Mr Brown (although when he was there I suspected his influence gradually made the team lose heart}.

It seems to be a psychological thing as I have noticed over a few years we start well and can't seem to believe our success and lose confidence. It seemed to be particularily true in our promotion and relegation seasons. Luckily we regained some form and just managed promotion with the Duke's last minute goal.

After promotion we began well and were near the top of the league when we again lost form and sunk to the bottom. This I do blame on Moffatt as he should have recognised that a change of tactics was needed much earlier in the season.

This season seems to be the same but from the start I was unhappy with the football being played but happy with the results. Now we have got into the rut and find it difficult to change tactics with a steady loss of confidence which does not help.

A change of manager at this point will have little chance to turn things around. Only the players on the pitch can do this and they need to dig deep and fight for everything. Maybe one or two new players to lend support to the few who give 100% in the team would help and also makoing a place in the team more competative. Then the players will know if they have a bad game or two they will be dropped.

To regain their pride and impetus the players should be crawling from the pitch with exhaustion at the end of the game.

And Ther's more I also predicted we will pick up againfor the last third/quarter and although maybe not enough for top of the league we may make a play off spot.

Just play your hearts out lads and even if you get beat it will come good in the end if you keep trying.

DPCM -
"Rabhaw - it is funny that you mention rangers. i might be wrong but i think they might just have changed managers to save their season. a crazy gamble, I am sure you will agree"

And did Rangers not get rid of a manager last season to appoint another manager with impeccable credentials, only to get rid of him 6 months later?

I cannae see your reasoning because there are no guarantees in changing your manager that things will automatically improve. Rangers got worse after they got rid of McLeish.

And what are Scotland thinking about if they appoint a 'failed' manager like McLeish. What do you think about that?

So... who would you like to see replacing Baikie then? Obviously someone who will definitely get us promoted, so who is he?

First ov me reading these replys since i posted the threed.Wish i hadn'y noo.All i asked was for what players you would punt,not a debate aboot the manager.Sapper and Kerriann(fer a woman that canny cook,it least ye kin read!!)exempt.

To AFAN ny if you were an East Fife supporter you would know who I am.The majority of real fans players and directors know me,(oh oh here comes the slagging)

Hey DPCM - where do you get this shite about 9 points from the last 9 games?

As far as I can see it's 12 (cup games don't count ya fud - bit difficult getting points from them).

Oh and Mr Freefall - "9 points out of 33"?

I think you'll find it's 16 out of the last 33. Unless you think that 8 * 3 = 33.

Yes, it is a mistake. That makes it so much better, doesn't it? 9 points from 8 games instead of 9 points from 9 games, you really have killed stone dead a "shite" argument from a "fud", haven't you? And never mind that East Fife were knocked out of the cup 3-1 at home, that's not a real match. There, everything's better now.

Is this Captain guy the new 'Mike' of AFTN?

Where were you at the start of the season warning us that Baikie was terrible and that he was a bad manager? There are 'supporters' like yourself who now and again crawl out of the woodwork and have a go when times are tough.

Every club goes through a sticky patch but we are still top of the league! We are playing shite I agree, but sooner or later we will turn the corner. Berwick are the form team at the moment and sooner or later will hit a rocky patch again.

There is no doubt the confidence of the players is down and we need a win again soon to get the confidence back stating this week against Berwick.

There are too many whingers on here and at Bayview who moan when things go bad. I think Baikie will get us promoted but we do need a few signings to get us back on track.

Wanting rid of the manager who has guided us to top of the league is laughable. Every other team in the league would gladly swap their position with ours.

ZAK AKA KENNY HANCOCK, who,s the fanny now? I WAS SIMPLY POINTING OUT THAT YOU WERE SUPPORTING A POST THAT SAYS PEOPLE SHOULD PUT THEIR NAMES ,YET YOU POSTED AS ZAK!

DPCM
I seemed to have missed your confirmation of the warning you gave nine games ago.

always have always will,just a nickname I have had for years,so you know me why are you hiding be hind,AFAN ny.

The hypocrisy on here is something else. It's okay to call for players to be released (in other words sacked, relieved of their contracts and their salaries) but the manager is untouchable.

Ricthie, Crabbe, Hampshire and probably more are being targetted by unhappy supporters who want them out. Tell me please, who signed the current first-team regulars? And who picks them on a Saturday? The players don't award themselves places on the team. The manager picks them because he thinks they are the best. He thinks they are better than Craig O'Reilly, better than John Martin, better than Stephan Fortune. The ones that fans want sacked are only doing what the manager asks them to do.

So if it is to be open season on the players, get off the moral high mound when it comes to criticism of the manager - who rates them far higher than most of you lot do.

I'm not saying that 9 points from 8 games is acceptable.
I'd just make doubly sure of my figures before posting them if I were out to slag the team off.

What fucking difference does it make you pernickety sad tit????

Come on DPCM what was the warning you gave everyone nine games ago.

And who are you saying should replace DB and win us the league, DPCM?

"TOC:- no i did not say baikie would be a disaster, and nor did i welcome him like the second coming."

Which warning do you want him to tell you about?

O.K. I accept that DPCM has known this was going to happen since August but thought he would keep it secret. It's just a pity someone who "knows a decent football manager when he sees one" keeps all this to himself. It's a gift that should be shared.
We could have had a new manager by now if DPCM had spoken out. Paradoxically it is DCPM and not DB to blame for the bad run.

What is this guff about a 'bad run'???? It's almost half of our season that's gone wrong, it's not just a three or four week bumpy ride.

Even though I am concerned about our present form,I would give Baikie until the end of the season.
Winning the league or gaining promotion through the play offs is a must.Anything else,given the money that Mr Gray has given him,then he should be sacked.

Aye, DPCM. Total guff to say we are just on a bad run when you consider half the seasons gone and we are 'only' joint top. Disgraceful eh?

Aye, it's a bad job when you only get 36 points from the first half of the season and are unbeaten at home in the league until 13th January.

Aye, shocking!! I think if you had asked most supporters before the season started if they would have been happy with a joint top placing in mid Jan, they would have been delighted..

And pull 3 points clear with a win on Saturday

I'll let you all into a wee secret. See where it says East Fife have played 21 games and Berwick have played 19? That means that if Berwick win their two games in hand, they will have six points more than us. We were nine points ahead of the pack. That would be a 15-point swing. Nae bother eh? East Fife are the the joint-top-of-the-lague championeeees!

And see where the league table says Arbroath have played 20 games and East Fife have played 21 games? That means that if Arbroath win their postponed game, they will move above East Fife. Even if they lose it, they will lose it to Dumbarton - who would also move ahead of East Fife if they win their other game in hand.

We are the black and gold, and we're top of the league but we're no'

But we are top,and remember the others have to win their games in hand to overtake us. As said previously,give him to the end of the season.If promotion is not achieved,then he should be punted.
This weeks game could turn around our season..only if we win,nothing less.If we lose,which is highly likely given our current form,then I really fear for us for the remainder of the season.

That's all very well but consider the crammed match schedule that they may have once they do finally get to play the games in hand. Plus once we beat them on Saturday Berwick will face the mighty East Stirling, Elgin, and Montrose in succession!!

Quit having a moan, support the team and get behind them when they are down instead of kicking them further.

Why don`t we ALL really get behind the team on Saturday and generate an atmosphere that will lift the players.No doubt the Berwick supporters will play there part in helping their team.We need to be better than them off the park,so come Saturday night we can all say that we helped East Fife to victory.

Personally i think this is the biggest crock ive heard in my entire life.. being one of the younger supporters i dont remember the glory days, steve archibald era yeah yeah whatever.. but what i do know is that davie bakie is doing a good job at east fife as we are top of the league! the league table never lies. very rarely do you see a team winning every game to win the league.. have some patience.. wth a good couple of signings we will win the league.

'The league table never lies.'
Oh yes it does.

'Very rarely do you see a team winning every game to win the league.'
How about: 'Very rarely do you see a team dropping 15 points in just eight games but still going on to win the league'. Or: 'Very rarely do you see a team losing 2-0 at home to one of the worst teams in the league but still going on to win the league'.

'With a good couple of signings we will win the league.'
East Fife don't need another two players on the wage bill. The squad is already the strongest in the Third Division. Getting them to play to their combined strengths is the problem.

How do you think we got to the top of the league in the first place?

DPCM while I share your concerns and am disappointed with recent performances, Getting rid of DB is not the solution. However you look at it we are still top of the league.

If our bad patch was at the beginning of the season and we had climbed to this position I think even you would be raving about the turn around.

As I said previously the team needs to dig deep and overcome this lapse. Hopefully the manager will be able to provide the motivation for this or would you say a new manager who does not know the players would do a better job? Give the guy a chance and he will turn it around and may even surprise you.

I take your points Whoever, thank you for the reasoned response. Promotion or not, I don't believe Dave Baikie will ever get the best out of the players in this squad, and the current 'bad run' is something we will have to become used to. I'll be surprised if he's still with East Fife in a year's time. I would be more inclined to keep him if the club was penniless, but a lot of money is going into the squad and it needs to show a quick return. If he is struggling in the Third Division, what hope in the Second Division?

DPCM
Taking into account your opinion on DB's mis-management where do you think we will finish at the end of the season ?

'struggling in the Third Division' = Top of Third Division. Cant wait untill we find our way!

DPCM - Your last post confirms to me that you just don't like Baikie, full stop! You will probably be hoping that Berwick beat us this week, to add to your argument to get rid of him. Tell us the truth about you and Baikie, there is some history between you methinks!

Do you even support East Fife?

Bawhaw, I'm sorry you can't grasp this. Baikie is struggling to prove he is up to the job. I don't believe, on the evidence of results (even the wins) and the standard of the football, that this is the manager who can take East Fife forward. He might make them better than before, but if we judge everything against what happened under Derrick Brown (as is to be happening on this forum) we're selling ourselves short. Why is this opinion so hard for you to stomach? Do I need to be hiding an assassination plot to give my point of view more clout?

Fair enough. We will just have to wait until the end of the season. If you can find it in yourself DPCM as a supporter, please give the team your full backing on Saturday.

BTW, you seem to have a problem with my nom de plume? If you can't remember how to spell it, try cut & paste.

DPCM you have made your point and some agree and maybe most disagree. That's life. I suggest you retire gracefully from this debate at this point. There's hot news just around the corner that I am sure you will welcome for discussion.

Been away, and come back, but this thread has left me wondering if I've landed in a parrallel world.

We're still top, we've still got the players and manager who got us there, and most importantly of all we've still got willy gray.

Fair enough, the form has been poor of late. And we'll probably loose the top spot for a bit. I've seen enough football over the years to realise that form will vary over the course of a season. Am I worried - no. Loosing top spot might not be a bad thing - an earlier poster highlighted the 'physcological effect' of being top for so long. Being the team doing the chasing, might just suite us going into the last spell of the season.

There are calls to press the panic button - be careful it's not the self distruct button.

Do the players, managment and board have the desire and fight to turn things around? - you bet they do. Do some of the fans? - that remains to be seen - certainly some of the posters on this site don't. That leaves it for the rest of the fans to pick up the slack and get behind our team and give them the support for the fight ahead.

An earler poster suggested willy gray might walk because of what's happening on the pitch. I'd suggest that the it would be the lack of gratitude and 'never pleased nature' of some of our fans that's more likely to drive willie away.

Time for the fans to get a kick up the arse. For those who still want it, lets get behind the club with more vigor, energy and passion than we've done so far, and drown out the dour-faced-strange-reality mob.

Post over - off to venture outside to make sure that dogs still bark, and monkeys aren't drivin cars.

Whoever - any hints as to what the Hot news will be ?

From what I have heard it will put a smile on everryones face.

Hey Bayviewboy you're needing work some decent hours instead logging on here at 4.07pm!!!

King Kenny ?!?!?!?
DB charged with tax evation ??

So, what have you heard Bob ?

Is it face paints?

Is the BAyview bee returning?

Hey we're the Fife ! There is always hot news round the corner. For example its been quiet on the Twigg/Rankine/Collumbine conspiracy theory for some time. There's bound to be someone bringing this up again soon. In fact it's so quiet there must be some dirty work afoot.

Then there's the whatever happened to oor Deek and Betty with her bread bin.

It may be like buses nothing comes along and all of a sudden you get three. Anything to take the pressure of the team and let them get on with their job and leave it till the end of the season before passing judgement.

Liam - Hope you're not logging on to AFTN on your work computer and even worse during working time !! tut, tut ! (I'm just in from my evening job, what have you been doing tonight !!)

A month ago I was advised by 'Whoever' that I retire gracefully from the debate on this thread. I did. There was no point continuing top debate with those who were saying: 'Shut it - we're top of the league'.

Since then we have picked up two points out of 12. We sit in fourth place, ten points behind the league leaders. The team in fifth place has three games in hand on us. We still haven't won a game since mid December. A couple more bad results and we won't even get a play-off spot.

I note from reading recent posts that Dave Baikie is no longer the Messiah. I won't list some of the flak I took for daring to suggest that we were going nowhere under Baikie, but the following contributors might want to have a look back and re-consider their remarks on this thread:

Rabhaw
Igor
M Black
Kerriann
Forest Fifer
I-10
Finland Fifer
Rothers Fifer
Whoever
Stewart

And not forgetting The Other Chairman, whose reading of what we were looking at a month ago showed as much vision as his leadership of the Trust.

My, my! Not to disagree with your comments but they were a bit personal without following up with reasons for your opinion.

Oh!

Very well balanced. Chips on both shoulders.

Captain M,we seem to have been through all this before. Remind me again of your posts pre Nov. warning everyone what was going to happen. I am bitterly disappointed that you have chosen to reveal my true identity but as there is a Trust board meeting in the Dean Park on Thursday 22nd Feb at 19.30 we,as always,welcome any Trust member(I assume you are a member ?) to attend and air their views. As your closing sentence is directed at me then I feel a face to face would be appropriate so I will be there at 19.00 so you can express your opinion on my position in the Trust. I really will be delighted to meet you. As a courtesy please let me know on this thread if you are not going to manage along.

can i ask why the Trust meeting is not being held at New Bayview which would have brought in revenue to the club?

Eric

This looks like be a Trust Board Meeting ( 7 or so folk in attendance) and not an "all members" do (100's!)so it's unlikely the club will lose a lot of revenue and I know its more convenient for the majority of our Board who are giving up their free time.

Sounds good to me.

Eric - it is a board meeting. Our member meetings will be at Bayview.

Whatever your name is - I stand by what I said at the time. My crystal ball has still not arrived from www.seethefuture.co.earth but should soon. But then again, without my crystal ball, how will I know when it will. Fiddly flower petals.

Kerriann - (honestly my name is Eric) and Mike - thanks for your replies you have answered my question.

"the following contributors might want to have a look back and re-consider their remarks on this thread:"

Above is a quote from DPCM's post today. I did look at the post I made on 17th January and stand by it.

"the following contributors might want to have a look back and re-consider their remarks on this thread:"

I stand by what I said about backing the team. I will never go to Bayview and slag off at the top of my voice (with accompanying swearing), against an East Fife player or manager. That is the job of the opposition supporters, NOT East Fife supporters!

I stand by what I said that we are on a bad run, you just need to look at the results.

I am still waiting on your ideal replacement for Baikie? Has Rangers season been turned around by Walter Smith?

Quote by DPCM "Because unlike you, I know a decent football manager when I see one." ....Well, who is he DPCM???

And before you ask, I do shout encouragement and don't just sit there quiet!

That is not to say that I am a happy chappy at the way things are going. I just don't believe that the type of criticism coming from the crowd does any good whatsoever.

DPCM of course posters will stand by what they said even though like you they may have begun to entertain some doubts. At the time we were still top of the league and going through a bad patch. Having read most of the posts from a month ago it appears to me we were trying to give support to the team to help gee them up out of the slump. Sadly unlike you we did not have your magic crystal ball and we hoped things would turn around.

A month later and things are worsening and personally I think we have lost it and any chance of making the playoffs. The team spirit and confidence have gone and will be difficult to return. I don't know why this has happened and I am sure there are as many theories as posters. One that did strike was a theory that the slagging fans were constantly eroding the team's morale. It could be as good a theory as any I suppose especially if it is coupled with a manager with poor man management skills as also has been suggested.

Anyway slagging off posters does not help. They are entitled as you to their opinions. If you disagree put forward reasoned arguement to counter.

Eh ,i started the threed ,un it wiz aboot chinging players,no the manager,so there.

Captain M. You were obviously held up somewhere,couldn't manage our meeting and were unable to let me know. No doubt you will point out my many faults at the next Trust members meeting.