Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Moral-crushing ???

I hope they still have morals.

WE CAN BOUNCE BACK AGAINST BERWICK

EAST Fife boss Dave Baikie believes his side couldn't be facing title rivals Berwick Rangers at a better time.
EAST Fife boss Dave Baikie believes his side couldn't be facing title rivals Berwick Rangers at a better time.
The Fifers suffered a moral-crushing 2-0 defeat at the hands of struggling East Stirlingshire on Saturday but Baikie believes his players need to respond immediately.
A victory over Berwick this weekend would put the Methil side's title challenge back on track.
Baikie said: "Playing Berwick Rangers is the best possible thing that could happen as it gives us the opportunity to bounce right back.
"It is a huge game for us. I am hopeful we can regroup, look at ourselves and respond in a positive manner."
But Baikie accepts lessons need to be learnt from Saturday's defeat.
He explained: "We have got to look at the performance and analyse the areas where we need to do a lot better.
"The good thing is we will be classed as underdogs when we face Berwick.
"When we are in a situation where we are expected to win, we don't always respond well and we respond much better when we are underdogs. That's what I'm hoping for."
Berwick aren't infallible despite their good form, insists Baikie.
"We will look at the Berwick team and see what areas we can exploit," he said.
"If we can do that and produce a far better work rate, then I'm sure we can get something."
Jason Dair, Gary Kelly and John Dodds remain injured while Paul Ritchie has a suspected broken foot following the East Stirlingshire game.
Greig McDonald still isn't match fit and Ryan Blackadder will serve the second of a two-match suspension. But Sam Linton could return at left back.
Baikie watched Saturday's defeat in the stands after serving the first of a two-match ban following the controversy at Arbroath in December.
He said: "It was so disappointing. The conditions were the same for both teams.
"We just didn't create enough chances in the game and it looked like it would fizzle out into a 0-0 draw. But it could be the kick up the backside we need."
The one plus point was the debuts of Stevie Nicholas, in his third stint at the club, and Graham Gibson, on loan from Partick Thistle.
Baikie said: "I thought they both did well in the first games in difficult conditions.
"Nicholas only came in on Wednesday, while Gibson only met the players at 12.30 p.m. on Saturday.
"Once they settle in I'm sure they'll do well."
Despite the two signings, Baikie is still looking to improve the squad.
He explained: "We are still looking for new players, particularly in wide areas. That's still the priority but we are finding it difficult.
"Stevie Nicholas can play in these wide areas but it's not his natural position.
"I don't think we'll see any new players before the weekend.

17 January 2007