Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Todays Shambles So Far

For all us exiles we are being beaten at the moment

2-0

Berwick scored two gols in about two minutes in the second half.

Re: Todays Shambles So Far

What has happened to us? Even Albion fecking Rovers are catching us.

Depressing

Signature tactical change of take a striker off and put another one on (75th minute)

Thats us potentially only 3 pts away from being in 7th place!!

We lose again !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pld Pts
Berwick 20 41
East Fife 22 38
Albion Rovers 23 36
Arbroath 20 35
--------------------------------
Queen's Park 22 34
Dumbarton 19 33
Stenhousmuir 21 33
Montrose 22 20
East Stirling 19 19
Elgin City 22 13

Hopefully we can hang on for 4th place at the end of the season. Can't see Arbroath and Dumbarton slowing up with their games in hand and us starting to play football and winning many games any time soon.
Our season needs rescued. 14 games left.

Shambles indeed. All that money we have and getting brushed aside by teams...

Let's face it even the play-offs are looking a forlorn hope now. Ah fuck it, I'm going to support Man U from now on. I'm sick of backing perennial losers.

Don't despair! According to my prediction we are only 3 or 4 games away from getting back to our winning form. However this will depend on the attitude of the team. They need to be fighting for every ball even when getting beat. Were there signs of this or were we beaten before we started?

The days game....a f****ing joke,the best player on the park Stevie Nick

I havent been to a game in ages as a result of work etc so i have been fairly quite about our loss of form. However, its now looking increasingly unlikely that we are going to get promoted this season unless something is turned around and quickly.

As a fan and a parent I find this very frustrating! 2 weeks running Steve has had no game due to being loaned out and the Glens game being cancelled whilst the 1st team struggle.I know my focus is directed towards my son but surely he is no worse than those selected currently. Am I being biased or would he at least provide some enthusiasm and work-rate?
p.s. Its was Steves idea to go on loan (not Baikies) as he was becoming frustrated with the lack of games and guidance in recent months.

I thought the better team lost today. In fact, I'd say our first half performance was the best we've played in ages. Killer touch just wasn't there in front of goal but we played some decent football and the players gave their all. We've played a lot worse than this and won games.
Berwick looked a decent side, didn't create much chances but defended well, took their gifts and were shall we say "professional" going about their business. Other teams have said similar about us whilst we've been top.
It'll be interesting to see how both teams now respond in the weeks ahead having swapped positions.

Thought we played well in the First Half, although at times our decision making was poor and caused us to give the ball away cheaply. Stevie Nicholas looked comfortable with a free role behind the front two and was causing problems for their midfield. The midfield took more control as the half progressed and the back three were looking untroubled. When we put them under pressure Berwick didn't look too clever, but unfortunately we were to regret passing up the chances we had.
The first Berwick goal had a suspicion of offside when Horn hit the ball goalwards, Haynes looked offside.
The second goal - why do we persist in defending so deep. The midfield players were only 5 yards outside the box, putting no pressure on the ball as the shot from 25 yards went on its way. Ian Ross didn't exactly cover himself in glory as he spilt the ball to the onrushing Haynes.
After this we huffed and puffed with no real threat and the game fizzled out.
At the moment, despite the number of attacking players we have, we don't really look like scoring. As was stated earlier in the season, if we go a goal up we are hard to beat, but if we og a goal down we are toiling to pull it back. We don't have a striker who will score 15 - 20 goals a season which most teams that get promoted usually have. Jabbas goals have dried up and he doesn't have the same confidence at the moment. If we don't stop the rot soon (i.e. Montrose next Sat) then we will struggle to even make the play-offs. Berwick don't play like Champions but they are winning games even when not playing that well. Dumbarton and Arbroath are reasonable bets for a playoff spot. Queens Park, Stenny and Albion Rovers are all going to be chasing as the season goes on. Another couple of signings required to get us back on track (Deuchs and a left sided midfielder)

Get a grip guys! There was no doubt that the better team lost but I thought we were outstanding today until Gibson came off. The only thing we're not doing is putting the ball in the net. The two goals were the scrapiest goals i have ever seen in my life and I cannot see Berwick winning the title as they were absolute pish . Looking forward to seeing us gubbing montrose next week. Com on the Fife!!

I would rather we score a couple of scrappy goals than having the bulk of the game with nothing to show for it !!!

Every parent whose son isn't a first team regular is frustrated as Scott Morrison's parents will testify. It's probably unfortunate that the Glens games have been off due to the weather conditions but I am sure young Stephen will benefit from regular games with a challenging team. There are many other East Fife young players out on loan who are just as keen to get back into the first team set-up but are patiently awaiting the call.

PS What's happened to young Sam Linton!

The teams confidence took another big dent today and they MUST recover for next week. Scoring goals is now a big problem for us and has to be sorted out.
I believe Baikie will have 2 more signings next week,but count Deuchar out.Gretna won`t loan him out and want £80,000 for him.
Win next week and we are back on track,lose then I fear our season could be over.Let`s hope Baikie and the team are aware of this.
BTW,thought Berwick were a bunch of thugs and looked pretty ordinary.

Not saying much for us. Comments about berwick from p**h to pretty ordinary. We lost to this team so what does that say for us?

What a great day!!!!!!!!!!!

You lot stuffed - as I predicted on this site last evening - and a great win for the Rovers taking us into a play off position.

Deserve all you get for taking on board our bunch of cast offs.

Cheer up Willie Gray.......

By the way - the guy Carcary we have got on loan from Rangers - this man is going to be a star - mark my words.

The first vist to the ground for more than a year, and ther is definitely much work to be done. Nic was out there trying to play football and O'Reilly, was looking like making a partnership there, gibson done well and Jablonski looks the part, but there is nothing in the middle of the park, which is where the game was definaitley lost, the defence looks ok, a keeper would be a benefit to the team as Ross is not one!!, then again neither are Doods or Morrison. Greg McDonald, should have been on at halftime, to add a bit of control in the middle, How Fortune has not got a place in this team beats me. They are very flat at the back and play everything down the middle. Nic tried to get width, but there was nothing there for him. Hampshire is a joke. Everyone tries to play the world cup ball, when the simple things would work. Football is a very simple game, make the ball do the work, and make the passes simple and to feet. There were to many big limps up the park today and their defence just soaked it all up. A year since I've been there and at least a year till I'll be back, Sorry folks this team plays no more football then the team that Muff left behind.

As a neutral at the game today, I'd say the difference between the teams was confidence and a bit of luck with the goals. Fife were on top first half and should have made one of the chances count. You can see the difference in confidence levels between the two teams - which is why it was over after Berwick's double.

A few positives for Fife, as they say. Some neat play opened up Berwick's defence 2-3 times but the finish was missing. And for a team often accused of being too direct, I thought they were sometimes too intent on working a position rather than getting a cross or shot in.

Canonbaw, who cares if you come back to Bayview at all? Yer no a supporter so p**s aff!

Big Rab - read Bayviewboy

How can someone who has not been at Bayview for a year say that he can't understand how Stevie Fortune isn't getting a game? He's right like, but how can he comment if he has'nt been there??

"Sorry folks this team plays no more football then the team that Muff left behind."

Canonbaw Billy - It's yer wife's muff you should be worryin' aboot, cause you're so amazingly dull, she's probably gettin' it stuffed by somebody else's cannon - baws deep!

Away back to Starks Park!

Levenmouth Rover - get out more and get a life you sad twat. Wanker.

look guys come on, you were cooing like wee babies a few weeks ago about promotion. We are going to pass the Rovers on the way well, maybe no. Life in division three is no bad, you can have your wee good run,get up the league then shit your pants.It is only right that teams with more fans at home games play in higher leagues. It is only right that teams with large stadiums play in higher leagues.
Goodnight East Fife, i did not think it was for real.
I was right.

Where did the Lino licker suddenly appear from? They win a few games and they think its Bayern Munich all over again

Do the r***r supporters have a forum?

Yes, but you're only allowed to say nice things on it. And you have to be a member.

Aye, I had a look once and it's dull, but then again what do you expect?

There is too much doom and gloom going on here. Bayviewboy and the nonsmokingsmokie hit the nail on the head with what they say. We are not far away, we just need a win. Greg McDonald is not far away, Ryan Blackadder is back next week. I now feel that for the first time this season, that on our day we could really give someone a real skelping and not rely on the odd goal wins like we have all year. Gibson and O'Reilly just need agoal. Mon the Fife

Not happy with the recent form but I'm no too disillusioned yet, we need a win to get us back on track. We need a midfield that will supply the ammunition, this is the area we need to streghthen, Greg might be the answer, a grafter for Jablonski and Blackadder.

Think of the season as a boxing match, we won round 1 drew round 2, taking a bit of a hammering in round three, what will round 4 bring? Berwick, Dumbarton and Arbroath all have to play each other in round 3 yet, games in hand mean nothing, still think we will do it but not as comfortably as we might or could have.

Firstlly ,i thought the better team lost on Sat.Thought we played the best i'v seen for a long time.Steve Nick was outstanding,and did not deserve to be on the losing side.Thought the Berwick defence was outstanding,esp the no 6,think he was there captain.ref never helped however.Every time one ov our players got away,down he went.Apart from the 3 mins after halftime,Ross could ov worn a suit and after the game gone straight to a wedding.Thats how much he had to do.Gary O'conner kept it leval at halftime with a good save to deny O'Reilly,who really should ov scored.Great to see Greg back,even if he was a sub today.If he can get back to 100% fitness and the form he showed before his injury,then i'm quitely confident ov at least a play off spot.Greg could prob walk into any team in the 2nd/3rd division ,bar Morton.
I think this league will be won by the team who goes on a run between begining o Feb ,till the end ov the season.Berwick,Albion are on a run now.Arbroath are a threat ,along with Dumbarton.Q.P are steady,and must also be quite confident ov a playoff spot.We've got to get the confidence back somehow and hopefully get back to winning ways.

I come from a town not far from you. (The gales blow the gates closed.) I have herd that you guys have been giving it large due to your wee bit of good form that you hit early in the season. Well i am standing up form team cause you lot are talking shite by the bucket full. The legions of web talk Raith fans have been saying that you guys have been giving us grief.
Well most of you guy have not seen your team win championships and cups but i have. Yes, you guys were the team to beat when black and white tellys came in.
Hey, i lived the dream, you can only dream the dream.
Goodnight East Fife.

You lived the dream a decade ago, the only dream you will be living now or in the future is wet.GTF ya sad looser

Theres nay Fife fans gan on yer Raith s(h)ite.They dinnie want ti yiz up au Johna(not so )thins RED INK!!!!!!!!!!

Taz
Your are right i did live the dream and just like the wet ones they are so vivid. I have been to Torshaven,Akranes & Munich in competition. I have seen my team in European competition more times in 12 years than we have played EF in competition. You must be shite.
That must hurt to write that but you are right.
You are so brave.

RR1. You were in Torshavn too?!

What memories! Were you on the ferry or did you fly?

J
I flew from Aberdeen. This is great an EF site that like to talk about European games.

Torshaven was an experience! a very expensive experience!

This a great website. Come along and chat about your UEFA cup experience.

Some of you F*fe boys must have headed over to Dundee to watch United in the 80's? Perhaps you'd like to join in?

I remember EAST FIFE knocking out raith in the fourth round of the scottish cup 1938, what a day that was,not as good as winning the cup but still a very memorable day

Is is true that Raith Rovers actually lost to Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup? For the last ten years, I have been convinced that they won 1-0. Just goes to show, you can't believe a word people say these days. I tried to look this up on the internet, but became even more confused. I could only find reference to a match that was played in Edinburgh. This must be the ferry trip that I've been hearing about. It all makes sense now.