Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
we're second top - is it that bad?

Possibly buoyed up by a few rums and feeling a hell of a lot more exuberant than @ 5 o'clock today, i'd just like to say - it's not that bad, surely...!! We're sitting second and although there's a few teams breathing fire up our holes, it's still a very enviable position.

Come on lads and lassies, lets leave the doom and gloom for those Faniels who keep posting things like " it's been a year since i've dragged my miserable existence to New Bayview and it'll be a whole lot longer till my next visit, because i'm going to propogate my worthless seed and infect more of Fife with my mindless genetic drivel and then end my horrific, futile life by going to support Raith."

We are the EF EFFC!!!

Re: we're second top - is it that bad?

Well said that man

East Fife 38 points 22 games played
Berwick 41 points 20 games played
Arbroath 35 points 20 games played
dumbarton 33 points 19 games played

more decline for EF once these teams play there games in hand

your bubble has seriously burst

Haw Hee

OK! So you support the mighty Rovers. I doth my cap! Mid table second division is a vastly superior position to us. We could very feasibly drop 5 places to 7th very quickly. Equally, we could, over a slightly longer period of time, rise 7 places to level pegging with you manky inbreds.
Also, bear in mind , that a large part of your crowd are made up of Old Firmers who are too tinky to make it over to the weedge. Or Edinburgh over spillers, staying in the many architecturally cutting edge, new build suburbs, who are so bored, that the only way to fill their crushingly dull lives, is to trot along to Starks Park,like all the other little piggies and take part in the ritual football slaughter!

Think on!

now now calm down no need to be jealous

crushing comeback!

You, like your team, have got Hee Haw!

and EF have exactly what more than rrfc?

Off the top of my head ... er ... major honours??

Anything else?

I think tittest-aylmer that major honours are quite enough thankyou.
Tell me,apart from the mickey mouse diet pepsi cup,what have you won??

Major honours??!! - when was the last time you won anything?

Only your octogenarians would remember.

For the record

Second Division Champions 1907/08.09/10, 37/38,48/49 and 2002/03

First Division Champions 1992/93, 94/95

Scottish League Cup Winners 1994/95.

When was the last time a championship flag flew over your hovvel of a ground?

'hovvel' Anyone? Sounds like a dyslexic Swedish car.

Apologies for the spelling - wrongly pressed the "v" twice.

For your information - dictionary definition - a small home which is dirty and in bad condition. Sums it up perfectly.

levenmouth Rover -

The phrase containing POT and KETTLE springs to mind, no, not the names of the so called honours you have won.

Also people in "GLASS HOUSES" , mind you coming from the Links any kind of house would be a bonus, you probably inhabit a cave where you wipe your feet on the way out.

I take it you have never noticed the stands at Starks are rusting by the second. !!!

I don’t give a flying f*** about Raith Rovers. Can the Fife win promotion?

Yes but we do need to get back on track and starting next week is a must.

What is it with you sad Rover wankers? What are you doing on this forum? You really must run pretty sad lives for you to be spending all this time on another club's website. I can understand you wanting to be a part of East Fife, I mean who wouldn't, but please find something more interesting to do in future. Can I suggest a hobby maybe? You certainly need to get out more that's for sure.

Fellow Fifers, let's just ignore these witless little shrimps from now on.

BP
We have to come to this site because your team should provide the real Fife derby game between the two clubs or towns.
It is because your team is shite that no real game of any sorts can take place.
Come on get your act together. Cowdenbeath did, you are the worst team in Fife goodbye.

You can't argue with that. Whatever we think of Rovers boy, he's spot on with this one.

We are the current Fife Cup Champions and have held it for the last two seasons. In that respect we are The Kings of Fife

Queens Park have won the Scottish Cup something like 10 times?

By the way... Has anyone on this website ever seen the F*fe ever lift a league or major cup trophy? EVER?

ps not including on b/w video
pps please don't mention the F*fe Cup. It is too funny when you do.

Good post, we are the kings of Fife as we hold the Fife cup. Well i wish we were champs and playing third division football. Why not try and play most of your youth team like other Fife clubs, or does it mean that much to you sad methildone users.

Yep, it's a very prestigious competition.

Once again - I don’t give a flying f*** about Raith Rovers - they cannot help us win promotion! Who do we have that can step up and win us a few games?

too difficult a competition for anyone but East Fife to win 4 the last 2 seasons

RaithRovers1 has it spot on.

East Fife v The Rovers is the REAL Fife derby and I am sure we would all agree that meeting up 4 times a season, with all the banter which would go along with it, would be pure dead brilliant.

The two sides have only been in the same division once in recent memory - the year we beat you 7-1 at Starks, Dalziel scored in the last minute at Bayview on New Years Day to win 2-1 then you beat us 1-0 later in the season but were unfortunately relegated.

Another more painful memory was the 1-0 defeat in the Scottish Cup in the early 80s. A Robin Thomson 30 yarder.

Local rivalries are what football is all about and I will continue to dip into your site for the odd wind up.

But in all seriousness - if we are not promoted (I can feel the comments being typed already)- I could just about live with you winning the league. That way the proper Fife Derby returns.

4 Fife cups in 2 seasons now thats clever.
Pea and ham from a chicken anyone.

For 4 read for, Rover. Take it you don't txt much.

East Fife v Raith is the proper derby and it would be good to see it happening next season, that is assuming Raith don't get relegated. Give it 2 years and Dunfermline could be down in Div 2 as well.

That would be great having Raith,Dunfy and East Fife in the same league and Cowdenbeath stuck in the lower league where they belong and out of reach.That way,we can all go to the away days safe that we won`t get jumped by half a dozen buckie induced neds.

Levenmouth Rover. I seem to have a smudge on my screen. Could you retype the scoreline that you first mentioned in your post?

I think it was to do with a Raith - F*fe game in KDY.

East Fife v Raith Rovers: Head to Head Analysis

Competition: League Scot Cup League Cup
Matches Played: 61 4 18
East Fife Wins: 28 3 7
Raith Wins: 22 0 7
Drawn Matches: 11 1 4

East Fife v Raith Rovers: Head to Head Analysis (Take 2)

Competition:.........League......Scot Cup.....League Cup
Matches Played:.......61...............4...............18
East Fife Wins:..........28...............3................7
Raith Wins:.................22...............0................7
Drawn Matches:........11...............1................4

Noo Rover fans... that settles it okay?

Jist to rub it in -

Total Number of Goals Scored (in all three competitions):

East Fife = 159, Raith Rovers = 139

Almost an hour gone and no replies from RR fans!

They've got PE in the morning - computing isn't until the afternoon on tuesdays.

Good post Rabhaw, done and dusted I'd say.

The silence from Tittest-Aylmer is deafening.

Once a tw@t,always a tw@t!

Give me a chance.

Hang on. On the phone...

I was checking up your stats and wondered what is the reason for no league results between The F*fe and Raith since season 87/88? Almost 20 years of no stats. Am I missing something?

And i get accused of living in the past.
You guys are looking in graves.
EF like RR may never get back to winning things but at least we have a better chance. Large ground & more fans = better players.
Less fans & small ground = division three, nice wee feeder club for say Raith Rovers.

Large ground that you will NEVER fill again...unless Coldplay come to town.

Coldplay will not play at San Starko. If they ever play a gig for us it would be at Murrayfield so we would get more money from it.
Just look at it as the gap between EF & RR getting bigger.

Big difference between never filling a 2000 seater stadium and a 10000 seater stadium!!!!

OK ON HEAD TO HEAD GAMES YOU WIN,BUT HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU PLAYED IN THE BOTTOM RUNG OF SCOTTISH FOOTBALL.THE STATS ARE A WEE BIT ROUGH BUT THINK THAT EAST FIFE HAVE PLAYED IN THE WORST LEAGUE IN THE COUNTRY 39 TIMES SINCE 1946.
THE ROVERS HAVE ONLY PLAYED 12 TIMES IN THE PISH LEAGUE SINCE 1946.
NOW THAT MAKES YOU THREE TIMES AS BAD AS US (3).

Why no jist go back to your own forum? Is there no any 'other' r***r fans that can write?

MY MISTAKE, HANDS UP.
WE HAVE PLAYED AROUND 17 TIMES IN THE WORST LEAGUE.

"large ground,bigger crowds=better players"
Iz that why nearlly HALF your team iz made up ov loan signings,temps.How many ov them have you had this season ??Can just see YOUR team next year.2 goalies,Marv,Davo,Fairbairn,the rest loans, plus a few temps as the season goes along.Hows Marco playing.No surprise your little "run" started when he joined u's.

You don't want to talk about the past Mr Raith Rovers? That's fine. Let's talk about the next 100 years. Because if Raith last that long they still won't have matched East Fife's achievements.

Raith Rovers RIP
Born: 1883
Won: fcuk-all
Clincially dead since the 1960s, killed by chronic jealousy

I always knew you were one of us Robin!

You still here RR1 you sad little oik? You've been on this site all afternoon it appears. Do you really have nothing else to do in your crappy, pathetic life? Arsehole.

Rabhaw

Your post at 11.09 taunts us that no Rovers fans have replied to your comments

then at 4.27 you tell us to get back on our own site.

You cannot have it both ways.

RR1,LR and of course Johnathon.
This is my first AFTN visit for a couple of days and must confess the wind-up was annoying me. Suddenly the stats. are produced and immediately the RR lonely boys turn pretty pathetic. Thanks to whoever produced the stats.
Had a very brief look at the RR site. It looks ideal for patterns and recipes. No wonder the lonely boys post on AFTN.

I was looking into some stats too. Seems that historically EF average attendances in the post war years are 18% higher that the Pratt St boys. It is also true that goals scored by EF in league history over the same period outweigh RR by 9%. We had also had less players sent off and booked. Clearly our players play the game much fairer than the linos from along the road. Our pies have been nationally recognised too and we have the best catering team in Scotland. Official. Going deeper we have had more corner kicks, had less players caught offside and hit the woodwork more often. An independent study by MORI into fans' attitudes towards the game in 2004 also revealed that Rovers supporters are 50% more likely to be sad loners and therefore more prone to posting complete and utter drivel on other clubs' websites than the rest of the Fife teams put together.

So there you are then. Uncontestable proof that East Fife are a bigger, more successful and likeable club than Raith Rovers. All that and I never once mentioned major trophies won. It really is an open and shut case.

TOC
Glad you like my stats

Levenmouth R***r

That was because I was feeling sorry for you lot after reading your pathetic attempts to argue against the stats. Seriously, why don't you just post on your own site and leave us in peace?

Enfifer
Our team does have a few loan players cause they want to enhance their CV. Playing 2nd division looks better than third division.

Another stat is that for head of population,East Fife have a higher % attendance than the Templehall Tinks along the road.

Flip sake. We can't win.

If you really want us to leave then fair enough?

I thought you guys wanted the old derby and were looking forward to having the old banter back?

If you can't handle three of us having a wee laugh (and getting it back ten fold) then I'll hold my hands up and leave you all in peace.

Lonely boys. I have no problem with you posting. Saturday was a complete bummer but I cheered up a bit when I realised that posting on AFTN was as close as you would come to having friends. We should continue to do our bit to help fill three empty lives.

no need to get all huffy, is it the high number of users you have, all 5 or 6. Now come on you can take medication if you feel unwell in a crowd.

Ok, you're forgiven r***r fans. Sorry for upsetting you.

Jesus, it's another 'my dick is bigger than your dick' contest. Each side throws statistics at each other trying to prove who's the bigger club and tbh, neither is at the moment. Wraith should be bigger (larger town, more recent success) but are woefully undersupported and have been as badly managed as Enron. East Fife have been a small club as long as I have supported them, and really have been in freefall since Archibald and the move from Wellesley Road, but that doesnt make them a bad club. Depressing reading for both, but I would say definately more depressing for the lino lickers, fallen harder and faster IMO. The question on an EAST FIFE site, is what EAST FIFE should do to try to maximise our potential and get out the division. Second place isn't that bad, and I would remind the doom and gloom merchants that East Fife do not have a devine right to win every game. At this stage I would prefer second anyway, the pressure will be on Berwick going into the home run and they will drop points.

and another thing to all the wraith muppets on here. You seem to spend a lot of time on another clubs forum, and whilst a little banter is actually fun, it looks like you are here all the bloody time. I emailed a wraith supporter back home that I know, and asked him if he actually gives a shit about us. He said he couldn't give a toss either way, and when I said 'do you know these guys?' I could hear the laughs from 12k miles away. Not a good sign guys when one of your own takes the piss. Maybe you need to get out to Kitty's or whatever's open these days instead of getting your kicks here. Try women, they are fun and more satisfying than masterbating when you think that you have 'scored a point'...

As badly managed as Enron - classic

RABHAW THE STATTO MAN.
To save you guys all the trouble of going to New Bayview this season take a look at statto.com.
Based on your teams last 50 results you will be 7th come the end of the season, hard luck guys again.
Rovers will be 4th. AHH well at least it is the play offs.

jonathon you say three rover fans is it not just you posing as three fans

Statistically, 99% of statistics are crap, 99% lino lickers are wankers (the other 1% lie), and 100% of Cowdung do not use soap.

Zak. I am able to make an erse of myself under my own name. Never used a Suedanim.

I see what you did there!

I wonder if Clarkie is checking the spelling as I type!

It is the only way I can annoy the Clarke-minator these days.

Y'all don't have to worry about Eugene as 'Grammar Bullies' were, last Friday, put into Room 101.

Let me out now please.