Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Paul Walker

Heard that Ayr winger Paul Walker will be signing for us. Also one more to be added before next week.

Re: Paul Walker

Excellent! Anyone knows how good this guy is?

From the Ayr Utd website:

Journeyman pro snapped up just before the transfer deadline, Paul Walker is a well known name at this level. Played a key role for both Morton and Stranraer as well as single handedly winning the Third Division for Queen's Park in 2000 with the winning goals in two 1-0 victories in the last fortnight of the season.

Walker is a tricky customer who is sure to entertain the fans with his wing play.

This season: 0 starts, 9 sub appearances, 0 goals.

Somehow doubt he'll take us to the promised land..

Is he right or left sided ?
Can't help thinking we are getting to the stage that we have too big a squad. Yes, we have injuries and it covers for situations like that but I think it also becomes a problem for the manager as he has so many permutations that he doesn't know what his best team is.
With Nicholas and Gibson already in and talk of Paul Walker and the Sunday Mail saying that Lloyd Young has also signed, is it not time one or two were off the wage bill. So far only Stevie Fortune has gone out on loan. We also have the equivalent of a new signing in Greig McDonald and talk of one more 'WELL KENT FACE' according to a supposed reliable source. Players will become more and more unhappy at not getting a game which can cause unrest in the Dressing Room. At this moment in time we need everyone pulling in the same direction to get us back on the promotion trail.

The Montrose Website says that Paul Walker comes from Saltcoats - I don't think we would be interested in a player that stays this far away from Fife.

Of course the player could have moved to the east of Scotland, but it is more likely this this is just another internet rumour.

If you got this story from bored-roomshuffler on P&B then there's more chance of me signing for East Fife, if it came from elsewhere though then I do apologise and I think he'd be a good signing.

Bored room shuffler!!!!!!!

We don't need any new players. We have the squad to get us out of this league. We just need to play like we did in the first half on Saturday on a regular basis...

we need a goal scorer.I have one in mind.

I'm inclined to agree with Angusfifer. The more new players we have the more time it takes for the team to gel.
Nicholas and Gibson now have two games under their belts and I reckon they might start to produce the goods very soon.
Introduce more new players, however, and it'll be yet another couple of games at least before things start to happen, by which time it'll be too late.

One more player with the initials KD would be good however I think we can turn the corner by winning on Saturday. The Berwick game was a pisser in that we played better than Berwick but lost whereas against East Stirling we were crap and lost. Things will change for the better come the Montrose game.

Stewart,we have more chance of signing Kenny Dalglish than Kenny Deuchar.
Approaches have been made to Gretna,but they won`t loan him out.£80,000 will secure his services,nothing less.His wage demands are a bit high and we could afford,only if we get rid of a couple of players (both now injured).

Bob where do you get your info from,

Not imagining for a minute we're gonna sign Kenny Deuchar but, on the remote possibility that it should happen, could we maybe keep the heid??? I can already hear the posts being typed from the 'divine-right-to-win-the-league' brigade, telling us that's it wrapped up and if no' Baikie should be sacked etc.

It would be an amazing coup but it's one guy. It'll need a team effort to win the league whoever signs.

I know Gretna want big money for Deuchs, but realistically who is going to spend that money on a player who hasn't played for a couple of months. The only teams who could afford him in Scotland are probably SPL clubs, but since he hasn't been playing and is untried at SPL level it is unlikely anyone will bite.
Gretna took him from us for nothing, why can't they lend him back for a while. Kenny comes back to where he is adored, scores the goals to get us up, puts himself in the shop window, attracts attention, Clubs bid, Gretna accept - everyones happy
Simple really !!!!!!!!

Zak,as far as I am led to believe,the club can afford his wages,but understandably can`t afford the £80,000.
Even though Kenny has other business alternatives which will make him very good money,I doubt he would consider dropping down to the 3rd Division,even with a possibility of playing in the 2nd next season.
Ambition comes before sentiment.

Maybe W.Gray`s son can confirm if any deal with him is possible?

Would love it for Kenny to come back and win us the league.
But is there any chance?I really dont know,i hope so tho.

I agree with Kots it will take a team effort to win the league,so unless players like Paul Ritchie doesnt start pulling his weight he is no use to the club at all.

C`mon the Fife,we can do it!!!

The loan situation could suit all parties very well if KD arrived and did the business. The perfect example recently was Stokes on loan at Falkirk from The Arse. He hadn't a hope in hell of first team action at Arsenal so went on loan scored 16 in 18 games I think and then secured a move to Sunderland for £2 million. Player happy, Falkirk happyish (obviously would have rather kept him all season) and Arsenal £2million better off.

Come on Gretna think about it!

What Bob says is correct. My dad said this at the supporters club meeting. He offerd to take over his wages and it got refused as they wanted 80 grand aswell and we cant afford to give that.

i want 2 know the 2 players bob would off load as we have more than 2 injured