Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Recent form

Dumbarton - Lost 2-1

Stenhousemuir - Drew 1-1

Arbroath - Drew 1-1

East Stirlingshire - Lost 2-0

Berwick - Lost 2-0

Montrose - Drew 3-3

Next 4 games, Queen's Park away, Dumbarton at home, Arbroath a home and Albion away.

Re: Recent form

Montrose's recent form...

Lost 1-0 to Berwick
Lost 3-2 to Elgin
Lost 1-0 to Arbroath
Lost 3-2 to Albion Rovers
Lost 5-0 to Queen's Park

and drew with us...

...scored 3 against us

3pts out of 18.that is what you call relegation form.just as well we are in the 3rd division.

We're gonna finish 5th. It is all so predictable. I am sick of being in this league and sick of us being shite for past 10 years. It's hopeless, we're jinxed and I'm going to start drinking heavily and using class A drugs till we get out of this rotten division.

statto.com visit it.It looks at your form over 50 games. You are going to have to improve if you think you will be 5th!!!

RR1 -

And your lot are going to have to improve dramatically if you are ever going to equal the great East Fife record in major competitions! In fact, let's be honest ....... YOU NEVER WILL, WILL YOU?

It would probably be as hard as you matching our UEFA Cup appearances? Thing is though, most of us Raith fans actually witnessed that.

p.s. Try and beat an Old Firm team in a Final from the lower league, there's nothing quite like it.

Could you remind us of how far you got in that competition?

We were put out by the eventual champions, Bayern Munich in the second round. 1-4 on aggregate. (0-2 and 1-2)

I have it all on video if anyone would like to watch it?

Too much information Jonathan! I only wanted to know how far the wraith got, not Bayern. So.. the 2nd round eh? What an achievement! Fab.

Thanks Rab, it was a great achievement. Playing 6 games in Europe was the best thing I have ever experienced in my days supporting Raith.

Wur 3 of the games no' in Scotland like?

AZnd when exactly did you start supporting wraith Jonathan? 1995 by any chance? Do you originate from Kdy?

6 european matches, Rab. Well done on spotting that 3 of them were in Scotland.

Started supporting Raith in 1984. Been going home and away (and neutral for cup finals) ever since.

Magic!

Born in KDY and lived just along the road from Bayview all my life.

Does that meet with your approval?

Reluctantly ... Aye! As long as being born in Kdy, doesn't mean Forth Park.

RABHAW,
Your powers of observation,interpretation & diagnostics are rather good, i think you are one smart wee cookie.
Getting back to your point,we have seen our team win things and we still have the brasso in the club office for when the next Championship or worthwhile Cup comes along and we win it. You would have no idea on where to buy the stuff.
The last time you won anything decent was when Hitler had not long shot himself. The jet had just been invented. Man had not yet been to space.I was not born.The train still ran round the coast (toot toot),
Joseph Stalin died,Anthony Eden was prime minister & Rodger Bannister runs the mile in under 4 mins. He was thinking of runninig in Methil at the time, someone may have stolen his trainers if he did stop.

Your history is pretty good for a young un Jonathan, you are obviously very aware of EF's record, but it is you who is digressing from the original queries I made.

Regarding the achievements, there is no doubt that the record books do and will continue to show that East Fife have achieved the most, no argument. Also, I still do not know where you originally come from, Forth Park you must agree does not qualify you as a linolicker.

It is important, as true football supporters, support their home team, surely.

I watched both RR matches against Bayern Munich on German TV. If I remember correctly, Bayern fielded almost alll their reserve team in both matches. The game in Munich was I read somewhere the least attended match in any European cup game - 2 men and a wee dug. It was sad to see the old Olympic stadium in Munich so empty and lacking any atmosphere. Mind you, it was RR so that's maybe why.

Oops! Sorry, just noticed it was RR1 who was the historian. Or is RR1 also Jonathan??

Nah, I just post as me.

Exiled, you are having a mare. The team Munich played in both games was awesome.

There was a ground opener at Stark's a couple of years later that was a reserve team, but not in the cup matches.

UEFA Cup Rd 2 1st leg

Raith 0 Bayern Munich 2 (Klinsmann 7, 73)

Oliver Kahn
Thomas Strunz
Thomas Helmer
Oliver Kreuzer
Dieter Hammann
Alexander Zickler
Ciriaco Sforza
Andreas Herzog (Christian Nerlinger 64)
Christian Ziege
Jurgen Klinsmann
Mehmet Scholl (Jean-Pierre Papin 64)

Some reserve team! Ha Ha!

Lets play a game of spot the uncapped player?

That reserve team went onto win the UEFA Cup that year.

p.s. No matter what ANY F*fe fan says here. You would abso-bloomin-lutely give anything to have seen your team in that situation.

Entschuldigung !!!!!!!!

I will concede that the crowd in Munich wasn't the best though...

A record low for the tournament?

Depends what you mean?

A record low for the UEFA Cup? No, cos Raith had crowds of 5,000 ish for their 2 other home crowds and there will defo be smaller crowds that that for Faroe Island teams UEFA Cup matches.

A record low for Bayern Munich in the UEFA Cup? Dunno.

Aye, meant for BM home game in EUFA cup, although I believe there was healthy away support of around 2000?

I post as me,i feel schizophrenic when i type that.