Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Disappointed

On seeing the score slightly disappointed but well I thought we should have more positive posts. An away draw is not to be sniffed at after our recent run.

How wrong can you be! After reading the details instead of a fighting draw we in fact gave away 3 goals after being 3-0 up. Already there is baying for blood. I will wait on those in attendance giving their views before I consider making comment.

No doubt there will be lots of knockers after all!

Re: Disappointed

Pathetic stuff today I am afraid

At 2-0 I thought a thrid would kill it, third duly arrived then we went to pieces.

A defence that was used to be very tight is now poor - I personally thought our Keeper didnt inspire confidence, but the overriding factor was that we looked to hang on at 3-2, defending like a lower loeague side in a cup tie, 11 men behind the ball, no composure, no confidenc, and on that basis, there will be no promotion

Hope I am proved wrong tho

Absolutely gutted at throwing away a 3 goal lead against a team who looked pretty poor and dispirited until they pulled a goal back. Surely if you have aspirations of promotion or at least a play-off place you must be able to close out a 3-0 lead away from home !
First half we played some decent football on the deck. Good free kick from Blackadder and a header from Jamie McGowan for a comfortable 2-0 lead at half time. Second half Montrose came back into it with a couple of chances. When Stevie Nicholas scored a third from a couple of yards out it should have been all over.
However, Montrose had other ideas and pulled three goals back with every goal coming down our left side.
I can't understand Baikies tactics. When Montrose pulled their first goal back, I would have thought we should have been more defensive and hit them on the break.
O'Reilly hadn't had a great game but why bring on Crabbe. Sorry to say this Crabbo but you're finished. Was the thought that the ball could be played forward to Crabbe to hold the ball up ? Didn't happen. He also doesn't have the pace to worry defenders any more.
We had a real lack of pace in the team. Hampshire has no pace and didn't exactly help to provide cover for the trialist (McBride ?). Blackadder loves to get on the ball but has no pace to drive forward. He chooses the wrong options too often and is always looking to play the World Cup pass when the simple ball will be the best option and keep possession.
Was Johnny Smart suspended ? How we missed him especially after Jamie McGowan had to go off just before half-time. We certainly look a bit more solid at the back when Tam Courts plays just in front of the back four providing extra protection. With him playing Centre half, neither Jabba or Blackadder gave enough protection.
Graham Gibson proved today he is not a winger or wide midfield player. With 20 minutes to go he looked knackered. Could Baikie not see this ?
Jim Moffat was sacked because of the football he had the team playing and lack of results. Is it any better under the present management who have had much more resources to play with ? Once Montrose pulled thier first goal back we resorted to hoofing the ball up the park. Four difficult games coming up and the results of these will go a long way to determining whether we can reach the play-offs or not. At the moment I'm not very optimistic

Our season is over and it hurts. Baikie has to take his share of the blame as todays tactical decisions were terrible.
Everyone in the ground could see that Gibson was finished with 20 minutes to go.
Everyone in the ground could see we needed more pace up front when we could hit them on the break..what happens? Baikie brings on Scott Crabbe..eh?

In reality,Dave Baikie is seriously struggling to turn our season around and todays result proves that.

Baikie. Stay or Go ?

Go.

Save the season before it's over.

Should have brought Martin and Young on not Crabbe.

Does anyone notice that we tend to play crap against crap teams in the league, WHY . Also like to take the oppurtunity to say that hampshire is the worst player ever to be seen in an east fife strip. Im surprised no one is talking about the bad decision the linesman made which should have been a penalty for us and shortly after they got their first goal Credit to Montrose as they kept on and believed in themselves and for me they got their deserved point.

This game was our season in a nutshell .We started positively and kept the opposition pinned back for the first half and a short chunck of the second. However Montrose soon saw thru our format of;one pass, two passes, hoof over the full backs.

We looked teribly exposed on both flanks and both Hampshire and Gibson were very poor in tracking back and helpin the defence. Too many tinmes they were caught in no mans land and Montrose were allowed to pressure our full backs or cut inside. Neither player appears to have the pace or fitness to do that up and down role and at this stage in a season thats not acceptable. Gibson had an opportuntunity to block the pass or tackle at their second goal but stood and watch the game go past him.
I could go on but it is just too depressing. I still think we'll be theraboouts at the end but its more thru bilnd faith than evidence of any decent play.

Fair play to the smaller than usual away support who tried to support the team in adversity. Maybe we are getting the team the majority of fickle Fife fans deserve?

Good evening my friends from the "East"

Just back from Stranraer after witnessing an easy win for the Rovers. On a high as it was but after finding out that you lot had blown a 3 goal lead the evening has just got a whole lot better.

You may recollect that last week I posted that the Rovers WOULD make the play offs and your lot WOULD NOT.

I received numerous replies implying that I was talking crap.

On quickly reading a few posts on this site after todays game it looks as if you are all beginning to agree with me.

Have a pleasant evening.

I certainly will be doing so.

Cheers fifer. Thankfully somebody agrees that Hampshire is an absolutely horrific football player. I'm not one for trying to cull the manager on the back of a few bad results, but he deserves it for playing that useless cretin in the first team.

Cheers Baikie, for turning a pot of gold into a pile of shite!!

As for levenmouth lino licker, you really ought to contemplate suicide ,as your inane, pointless drivel has no place on this forum, or indeed anywhere else. Faniel!!

Levenmouth Rover... you beat me to it.

The journey home this evening fair flew by though, didn't it?

Thank you E*st F*fe.

shuggy who turned the pile of shite into a pot of gold in the first place,Answer BAIKIE,levenmouth gobshite and johnathon away and lick yer lino,there is still a bit to go,I can see you in the relegation zone at the end of the season

That is not true zak. The team you are watching is the team Baikie paid for. He did not turn last season's team into winners. He got rid of them and then assembled a new team that took everyone in the league by surprise at first. Then he was found out.

Did not make it to Stair park yesterday due to couple taking vows. I told them to wait until the season had finished cause i would not make the VERS. The vows were taken in Aberdeen and i could just about here you lot cry if it was not for me peeing myself. Well the season is just about over for you. You will not have to wait long.
Goodnight EF