Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Play Off Dates

Does anyone know the dates of the play offs?

Not that they might be all that relevant to us at this rate

Re: Play Off Dates

From SFL site Gof...

First and Second Division Play Offs.

SEMI-FINALS
1st Legs
Wednesday 2nd May, 2007.

2nd Legs
Saturday 5th May, 2007.

FINALS
1st Legs
Wednesday 9th May, 2007.

2nd Legs
Saturday 12th May, 2007.

(N.B. the above dates are provisional. Dates will be confirmed once Play-Off contenders are known)

Semi Finals

Wednesday 2nd May (3rd v 2nd & 4th v 2nd bottom)
Saturday 5th May (2nd v 3rd & 2nd bottom v 4th)

Finals

Wednesday 9th May
Saturday 12th May
(lots are drawn for home and away fixtures)

Jonathan - you might need to clear your diary. The "Least Fifers" won't.

shit the rovers aren't going to make the play-offs FACT
and east fife aren't either FACT, because we will win the league, Berwick WILL slip up and we will go on an unbeaten run Just wait and see

Still plenty of sniffing going on down methil way.

LR. Thanks for the advice. I've kept that fortnight off ever since we got rid of Dalziel. Also will need the week after off to celebrate.

I am looking forward to my Fife derby matches next season in the First.

That was nice of you Jonathan, confirming the dates that St Pauli Fifer had found on the SFA site.

I must apologise. Replace "SFA" with "SFL". That must make me seem as much of a fool as he is.

I think we posted them at the same time.

Think its quite funny how we go on a slump and the Rovers have a wee upturn in fortunes,and they come on here ti rub it in.Truth iz ,if it was not for there loan players,they would be struggling ti stay in the 2nd division.FACT.Last 3 games,there player ov the game was Pelosi twice and the young rangers player.Mean while they let a young guy go,who alot ov there fans rated, and a guy Manson,who MOST ov there fans were wanking there sells off about at the begining o the season.So lets JUST say they do go up,they are the form team at the moment.How are they gonna sign players if,as they say,they have nay money.Iz it gonna be the case o "RENT a team" for them next season.RENT ROVERS,soonds gid ti me.

We do work within the SFL rules. It goes to show that if you can get a manager who can get the best out of loan players you will go up the league. As for the " young Rangers player" i am told he is a Rovers player and no longer a Rangers player. Just for your information i am told that he had the chance to go to 4 SPL clubs and 2 other SFL clubs. I put it down to having the right manager. Something that you guys have not had since SA. How many good loan players do you have/need or can get/want.How many loan players do you have? Has your manager used the system well? The last bit is the easy part, can you work it out?

Ye ur right r.r 1,but in my defence most ov ur fans and ur offical s(h)ite had him down as a loan man.And yes i did know that another 4 s.p.l teams were after him but if i'm honest i didn't know about the other 2 s.f.l sides.Must ov thought he'd get a game every week by going to the pishiest team ov the 7 eh.We have/had 2 loaners by the way.So r.r 1.Whats the "plans" for ur team next year???,and try to be honest about it.

I would think our goal this year would be to sneak up via the play offs & play in div 1 next year. I think that is a realistic goal. We may have signed Steven Hislop from Livvy i think, if we have then i think we could do it.
If not then another season in div 2 and a wee championship trophy in 2008. A small celebration after all it is only div 2 and nothing that special.
It is all down to the new manager. In my opinion he has yet to sign a crap player, but i am sure it will come. Just one tho.