Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Big Eck for Scotland

Thoughts??

Re: Big Eck for Scotland

Not my first choice by some margin. A capable enough manager but not the inspirational one that we are crying out for.
I also strongly suspect he'll do a runner at the first sniff of an EPL opportunity...

Personally would have preferred somebody like Billy Davies, but he would have cost quite a wad of cash, so... yeah not exactly an inspiring appointment, but then neither was Watty and he didn't too bad...

Are you sure you twa are no closet Tic fans?

I wouldn't have wanted Tommy Burns as manager either, if that's what you are angling at.
My first choice would have been Fergie at the end of the season.
But that would have been far too radical for the SFA...

SFA trying to keep in with west coast and the old firm supporters. Saved money by not needing to contact any clubs and pay a fee. Definitely not my choice.

aye Big Eck

Shows how much he was thought of in that nobody wen`t near him after he was axed by Rangers.

made it quite clear he didnt want just any job

Thought it was a bit worrying that the way Five Live reported it earlier this afternoon, Eck was quoted as saying not to expect too much from him.

Hardly fills you with confidence!

Agree with Lonefifer

He made it plain that he did not want just any job.

My colleagues in London were amazed that Rangers let him go. He was highly regarded for his European foray. I explained that the Old Firm cannot be explained!

Good choice say I.

He's hardly a Rangers man though, is he James.

77 caps, Aberdeen stalwart!