Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
The Official Come on the Fife thread...

This one is for the Fife Players. We know you read these boards.

When the the going gets rough the tough get going.

We were gutted on Saturday but we saw your disappointment too.
We'll be at Hampden again on Saturday cheering you all the way. One big result from you boys and we're back on track!

Come on the Fife, we can do it...

Re: The Official Come on the Fife thread...

Well said Angus. Think we are only one win away from getting back on track. Berwick will slow down. They were not a good team and had we just been a bit more confident, we would have given them a skudding. I've said it before, someone is going to get it tight from us soon. Lets make it QP on saturday!

Good post Angus! The players must get pissed off with reading some of the posts on here. As long as they realise that the vast majority of the fans support them.

We have gone through a bad spell and it does affect confidence. As DHAS said, Berwick were not a great side and will be found out. They had the breaks against us, but we were by far the better team. They do have a confidence about themselves granted, which may carry them along further before they are found out. Last season they had a much better team in my opinion and looked like they were going to walk away with the league, but ended up throwing it away, probably because they lost their confidence at a bad time nearer the end of the season. We still have a chance to get back on track and get back to where we belong - at the top.

Aw come on guys this is bullshit. Enthusiasm is fine, and Angus is right to try to lift spirits.

But Dougie and Rab please stop trying to kid yourself that we are a better team than Berwick. They have beaten us three times in the past three months (twice at bayview). THIS MEANS BERWICK ARE BETTER THAN US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are now five points behind them, and they have two games in hand. So it could be 11 points. When are you going to be honest and say that we are in the shite? Maybe the last day of the season, when there are no games left?

yes, let's get behind the team, but let's look at this realistically and admit that our form has been so bad for so long that it should be no surprise to anyone if we miss out on promotion. and i know you won't like this, but even if we scrape it, the omens for a Second Division campaign are not good.

Yeah, that's the spirit, you try and start a thread to lift the players and you get one of your own coming on and telling us how hopeless the situation is.
We've had a really poor run of form recently. The boys need encouragement and some self-belief...

Can I ask you a question Mr Real East Fife? Were you at any of these Berwick games you are commenting on?

Last week was a huge,huge dent in confidence and I have my doubts if they can recover for Saturday.
Fair enough teams have a loss of form for a period,but 12 games is a joke.
I really hope they can prove me wrong.

REF (now there's a thought?)

Okay, we haven't done too well against Berwick, but in the last game there was no doubt, even by the Berwick management that we wuz robbed. Agreed this probably comes down to the confidence factor in both teams, but don't slag the boys off when they have genuinely given a good performance. That achieves absolutely nothing!

When they came off the park after that game, it was obvious they were gutted, but the support (that is the true supporters who stayed to the end), applauded them and the players responded to that support by acknowledging us.

Negative supporters are not real supporters. Why they bother going to the games beats me!

Jim, can you show me where the league table has columns for 'Unlucky' and 'Applauded by fans'

What has that got to do with being a true supporter Chic? Are you suggesting that one can only support a team that wins all the time?

Thats why Chic Young supports Rangers, oh wait a minute that cant be right

Okay. Now please show me where the league table keeps track of the number of 'True supporters' each club has.

Win every week, you say? We can barely win every month. I don't want to follow a team that wins every week, but once in a while would be nice, just for a change. And I know this is being greedy, but I'd be quite pleased to watch mid-table mediocrity in the Second Division rather than the Third Division. Or does that make me a glory hunter? A success junkie? Or worst of all, NOT A TRUE SUPPORTER??? The shame of it, the embarrassment. What will the neighbours think.

You never answered my first question REF.

Were you at any of the Berwick games?

Nice one AngusFifer... I agree one result, boost the confidence and get back in that winning groove... from a players perspective its all about positive mental attitude. If they really want it they will get it!

Right behind you on this one, Angus. Pity we can't all sing from the same Hymn sheet!

Your record seems to be stuck Jim. It doesn't matter if I was at the games or not. If I was there for all three, we lost all three. If I wasn't there for any of them, we lost all of them. Me, you and everyone else who pays through the gate have no influence on whether we take our chances or throw it away.

I agree as well Angus. Part of supporting a lower league team is dreaming of what may happen. We are 65% through the season and although winning the league is starting to look less likely a play-off place is still a strong possibility. Real East Fife
posts for the first time ( I cannot remember another)
and the contribution is to knock down an optimist. REF you will probably spend the rest of your life wondering why your pot is half empty rather than half full.
To paraphrase REF "we won't get promotion but even if we do we will come back down". REF is someone who is already depressed about something that is 15 months away. A razor blade and a hot bath seem like the perfect remedy.

But watch it's not too hot otherwise you might burn youeself.

Well said Angus your correct 100%.
Lets get behind the players for the 90mins today no matter the outcome or anything just get behind them!,let them know where behind them from the start to steer them to a victory

C`Mon the Fife!!!Lets do it!

C'mon Fife, get the finger out!