Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Kit Design

My suggestion for kit design...go with something people can be proud to wear....NIKE hahaha

I know the away kit looks like celtic but what green and white hooped top won't?

Re: Kit Design

The away tops feet are on the wrong way round, do you think it will make them better players???

How did you manage to get Pete Brady to model fur ye?

Amazing design. Especially the away one but i would put the stripes vertically

Good home strip apart from the socks.

Should be black with gold tops

Design your own kit http://www.colourchoice.co.uk/designer.php

I just went for them since they are already nike team kits you can buy....so i am sure the club could find a decent price for them somewhere and get a well known brand on our tops for a change...

Think they styles are Barca for the home top and hoops for the away.....you canny get black socks with gold but you can get just black socks....

I dunno i just thought the club would sell a mint if they were made by nike, especially to kids and with the away one so similar to celtic it could attract local kids who don't normally buy an east fife top to get it....seeing as how rangers and celtic are so popular round these parts....

We used to play in green and white hoops very back in the day did we no??

aye first kit i believe, thats why i went for it for the away top....a nod the early days...

I am hopeless wi computers. Can anyone put up the 1962 strip? It is the one with the thin black stripes. I think that, white short and black socks would make us look very smert when on the telly in the Champions League. I would also bin the current badge and reinstate the Thane of Fife.

Luv Chris design for both home and away. To have your historical 1st strip as a modern away kit makes sense.

In black and white but still looks class

Cheers Chris. Don't suppose you could make up a new Thane badge anaw?

Chris I like that one and the badge as well but round neck like St Pauli Fifer's photo ,don't think we are allowed the thane of fife,I think it is someones coat of arms,Icannae remember who's but I have got plenty of badges with it on them.

What a brilliant picture SPF!
You can almost smell the linament.

Great kit too. Definitely the one we should go for...

Laird of Wemyss owns the Fife Thain coat of arme I believe & it was he who decreed that we couldn't use.

Well done SPF this is the strip we should aim to wear next season. The badge is also what I would call a 'proper' badge, big enough to cover a tit.

Zak it would suit you just fine.

Should the badge not now portray a "white flag" given the way you are "surrendering" your promotion push?

Funnily enough, I would like it to portray a white flag getting shoved up your erse!

It's really great that you should visit this thread, Levenmouth Rover, because the picture of Bertie Miller was taken following the 3-0 gubbing of Raith Rovers in the Scottish Cup at Bayview on 24th January 1970. A crowd of 6,893 saw goals from Waddell and Finlayson (2) rub Raith's noses in the mud.
Oh, and Soutar missed a penalty as well, so it should have been four.

??????? we all know who the tit is, hamilton so fuck off and DIE.quietly

teehee

SURELY we could come up with a crest resembling the Thane of Fife? Doesn't have to be an exact copy of the coat of arms. I'm sure nobody is going to sue us for a knight sitting on a horse!
Or maybe we could do an ipswich, and have a ball under the horses feet!
It would be quality.

Well said Steely.....a mean D.H.A.S............shit, have I blown your cover!?

"Laird of Wemyss owns the Fife Thain coat of arme I believe & it was he who decreed that we couldn't use."

What a penis.

Bit of respect for your betters please igor.

Haw J boy! What was your top tap? The all yellow Andrew Forester one?

You pal about with folk that can draw, can you no' get one of your workmates to design a badge? Talking of which, are you taking that lucky mare to Dumbarton game?

Hope that's not me you're talking about Igor!!!!

Naw, I was talking about his Lairdship!

My top tap had to be my 1st one....back in the days of Graham Hutt and Ian Pryde. Black and gold strips with black collar. Not a badge or advert on it...must have been made from the scratchiest material ever conceived!

Maybe going on Saturday, might have to take clients to the Rugby though if I can't get someone to stand in. Hopefully see you there DHAS