Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Berwick Score

Elgin 2 berwick 0 halftime

Re: Berwick Score

Queens Park 0 - 1 East Fife (McBride)

Make my Saturday night a good! 15 minutes to go!!

1-1!!!!

utter garbage-4 points thrown away in the dying minutes,2 weeks in a row.

Utter pish! Baikies tatics MUST be adressed, why can,t we hold on to a lead?

A lovely fresh air punch by Ross and some woeful
Defending.
Do we always have to hump the ball out of defence
whatever happened to playing Football.
Blackadder needs dropping too once again he thought
he was playing in the Nou Camp.

At least we remain second place. Good to hear Mcbride get his first goal for us. Any one at the game to report how we played

I,ve been saying that for weeks, that Blackadder never does the simple pass, and gives the ball away, because of his pissing around. DROP HIM NOW

How many games without a win now?

Other clubs take action on a poor run like this. We always wait unitl things are too late. The season can still be saved, but Baikie is patently not up to the job and must be removed now.

BAIKIE MUST GO FOR THE SAKE OF OUR CLUB

I thought we played quite well today, McBrides goal whilst good was unexpected and certainly took Queens Park by surprise. We had several exellent chances to put the result beyond doubt (last weeks performance not withstanding) but yet again failed to capitalise on them. The corner which Queens Park scored from was not a corner, however if you don't take your chances you will eventually get punished. An opportunity missed bearing mind the Berwick result, but on the bright side we are a point closer.

Could have and should have won today.Again missed some decent chances and I thought that Ross should have dealt with the corner better.
On a plus side,Paul Walker looks like he will be a valuable addition to the side. Gibson didn`t do much today and Baikie should have subbed him.
Far more confident going into next weeks game.

P.S apologies for my "losing the head moment!"

I thought we looked alright today but its clear there is a lack on confidence amongst the lads the now. I keep telling myself it wont last forever, and we'll get it right for the end of season run in/play offs. Stevie Nic did well for me as he is always looking for a pass however, Blackadder should be doing more than he is. Does anyone know when Greig Mcdonald should be back in the first team action as we need a boost to get us out the rut.

That was my first game back and although we weren't exactly shite, we were not very good. An improvement on the games I saw over Xmas/New Year but still mediocre at best. Not a team that's going for promotion. We don't look comfortable on the ball (QP passed us to death in the first half - it was a good job they were shite in the last 3rd of the park). In saying that, we could've and should've had a couple of goals yesterday.

I've not seen him all season but in the 3 games I've seen him I do not rate Blackadder, I don't see what all the fuss is about. He's obviously got ability but gives the ball away too much, plays the long ball and doesn't do very well at marking and getting the ball back.

Is Greig McDonald fit again or what ?

Walker looks like a good player, liked what I saw from him. Nicholas also makes a difference for us.

The race is on for 4th spot for us I think. 12 games left.

I was sitting in the posh leather seats in the QP end with a QP mate - what happened with Rock Steady ??? I saw Tam lose his head but couldn't hear what was going on. I hate Rock Steady. Always the same.