Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Is martin on his way

anyone know why john wasnt in the squad today, heard that he's fell out with bakie and that he is on his way to a junior team, surely not bakie he is a good asset to our club wouldn't want to see him go. Could have done with him on for the last 30 minutes as you can see that some of our players where tierd.

Re: Is martin on his way

John did travel with the team today, but for reasons only Baikie knows, he was not in the squad of 16. He scored a good headed goal on Monday night,s friendly. I believe a number of junior teams are interested in John, and are just waiting. If John does go to a junior team it will be on loan, and East Fifes loss. Come on Baikie give the lad a run in the team.

He's far better than Crabbe or Ritchie!

I hope were not getting rid of Martin, his pace alone threatens defenders, lets face it, Crabbe, Ritchie and Dair are all past it, and it,s them we should be moving on, not young players with potential,

sapper do you know the teams wanting john??

John Martin is an asset from the bench with his pace against tired defenders. If he is to merit a run in the team he must start to convert some of the many chances he has had in recent games, many of which would have decided the result of the matches concerned. He must also stop picking up silly bookings.

It would be crazy if we let Martin go! We need him, his pace caused huge problems to teams.

He is better coming on from the sub bench though when the opposition is tired.

bakie r u havin a laugh first u let stevie.f go and now martin cant u see we have got youth coming through and ur so called old players r not doing it for u and are always injured. we know what players should be going.

Yes Craig I do

Can't believe John was not in the 16 yesterday. He is the one player we have with genuine electric pace and should be in the starting 11 most weeks in my opinion. He must have rubbed Baikie up the wrong way - but I would have thought he would be his type of player. 100 percent effort and hard as nails. Hey ho.

I, for one, will be absolutely gutted if John is allowed to leave. A good player and a hell of a nice guy into the bargain.
I can't for the life of me understand why he didn't get on against Montrose last week and to leave him out again yesterday was ludicrous.
He's the sort of guy who could have killed the game off yesterday, and at Montrose as well for that matter.

Just had few words with John and it looks like he is going,he said he has to keep playing regularly to keep his sharpness,he is is dissapointed he has not playing,and not getting much of a chance,that is now seven weeks without a win,I think my bets from the start of the season are all but bust,at least I got wee run this time.

I find it very hard to understand why fit, talented and effective guys like Fortune and Martin are frozen out whilst ineffectual, seldom fit players like Ritchie and Dair remain and are given their chances when they are available.

If we were winning games then fair enough, if it aint broken don't fix it and all that, but we haven't won a game in a long time, why are these guys not going to get a chance??

Igor it may be a case of Baikie trying to justify his signings. Not good enough! Baikie needs to take a reality check, and stop the exit of young talent such as Martin and Fortune.

I agree, Fortune and Martin have years ahead of them whilst Dair and Ritchie (who were fine players in their day) are past their best and will be looking at hanging up the boots sooner rather than later. Like I say its all a bit hard to undestand.

Wonder what Wullie Gray will have to say if John Martin is off? I believe Wullie thinks a lot of John. SACK BAIKIE WULLIE!

Wouldn`t say that Dair was past it,but previous to his injury he didn`t look that great. Still think he could offer a lot to the team,but maybe lacks the motivation to play for a "wee" team,like Gibson maybe?

Point is Bob I agree with your comment, but why keep these players and let young talent like Martin and Fortune go? Heard yesterday that Gibson looked uninterested and hardly touched the ball for long periods, yet another Baikie dud signing. While Martin sat in the stand??????????????????

There is no doubt at all that Martin would have given us more than Gibson did yesterday. Why he was out only Baikie can justify.
Hope this isn`t taken out of context but maybe some fans want Martin in the team because he is one of a few that spends some time with the fans after the game.

Martin is a trier who gives his all

Maradona he aint, but who in the third is?

At Montrose it was crying out for him to come on and take the ball up the park

John has not fallen out witn Dave Baikie,he just wants to be playing regular football,and keep his sharpness he is still training with the fife,but he feels that he that going out will help keep him fit,for when the fife call him back.

Martin leaving would be a disaster. I cant understand why hes not playing week in week out especially when i watch has beens who should be no where near Bayview. The future is in young talent the likes of Martin. C'mon the Fife.

John Martin should not be allowed to go anywhere,look what happened at montrose' o'reilly for crabbe. why? i would have thought john would have been a better choice at that stage of the game.I can't understand it

John has only gone on a months loan to Kelty, to try and get fully match fit. I,m sure you would all like to join me and wish John all the best and hope he returns soon.

All the best on Saturday John, when turning out for Kelty. Hope to see you on the park at New Bayview very soon mate,