Return to Website

Away From The Numbers

All good things come to an end. Or so they say. AFTN has been around since 1989, first as a fanzine and then making the jump to a website and forum in 2003. We've been through the many ups and down at East Fife in those 12 years but policing the forum has become a giant pain in the ass in recent years. As such, we made the decision not to renew it when it expired.

The forum is no more and will remain as a locked archive until it is eventually deleted by the host. We're looking in to try to save some of the content as an archive.

This is not the end of AFTN though. The site will continue and will be revamped and return in its full glory for the start of the 2016/17 season. Maybe even sooner. There will be a comment sections and possibly even a new, registered forum. Check our Twitter (@aftnwebsite) for all the latest info and we'll also post in on the EFFC memories Facebook page.

Until then, have a last browse here, thanks for all your support over the years, and 'Mon the Fife.

GoF

East Fife
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
rumour

heard yesterday at Hampden that Neil Rankine has resigned from Dumbarton.Could anyone follow this up...

Re: rumour

Aye the Dumbarton fans were talking about it on P&B lastweek.

Next stop New Bayview?......

Why?!!!

No rumour. Rankine in the shadows with yes man Donnie Darko taking up the reigns. The failed bookie is still the owner mind you, just like at Bayview! Collumbine and McIntyre are the yes men. So no change.

In other words,S.C iz just another Broon but without the attitude and the gob,well out ov ear shot anyway??????What worries me however ,and i might be well off the mark hear,is a total boardroom split.S.C and iz mates v Wullie and whoever supports him.I hope Wullie knows that most ov the fans are 100% behind him.I know Kerriann and Eug are fed up ov answering the questions on a trust rep on the board ov directers but as far i am thinking ,the sooner the better.We all agree that were getting more info coming out ov Bayview than before but its comeing fi Wullie,his son, and Davie Marshall,whilst others say nothing,as far as i can see/read anyhow.E.G Wheres Bruce Black these days.He was on hear endorsing S.C,but since S.C got involved nothing.Hope i'm being a bit paranoid here,but the quiker the tree ov this club(Rankin) gets the chop,the happier i'll be.

I know this is old stuff and probably boring, but it won't go away. Rankine and his Larbert Mafia will be the death of both the sons and fife. My gawd, they even go on holiday together.

Just because people holiday together doesn't mean they'll harm a football club. I mean, Julian and Derrick used to holiday together and what harm did they...oh $hit, I see your point. Yikes!

Problem here is that both sets of fans have buried their heads in the sand. A few wee sops to them have stifled meaningful debate, but the press are still interested, as are the SFA (SFL are turning a blind eye). The whole situation surrounding one man owning two clubs, especially playing in the same division, is worthy of attention, and the bookie handing over control to McIntyre won't deflect that attention. This situation WILL end up very messy. But who cares? Sid and Wullie are not Deek. That's alright then.

Is that true there is a 40k bet on ef to win the league. If so someone is very unhappy at the moment and is almost certain to lose their dosh.

If it was someone connected to the fife it might explain some of the comments I heard and also explain the nervousness of the team!

Whoever-

The comments you heard? Big deal! Yer full of sh*t.

Dunc maybe I'm full of excrement. The comment I heard was that the board are DESPERATE to win the league. Now in my book if you couple that with a large bet on EF to win it rings alarm bells. I know we are all willing the team to come out 3rd Div champs and the celebrations would be great but even promotion would be tremendous considering our recent history.

But desperate? Make up your own mind!

And? Why should it ring alarm bells? What is likely to happen then? I am totally puzzled.

Last word. If your boss had a lot of money on you to win say a darts match and maybe promised a bonus would that not put some pressur on you. Maybe not but I would not like to be in the position to let my boss or friend down by losing. Just an opninion.

As i said before and months ago in another post i know
that the Fife have been heavily backed to win the
league this year, the majority of the backing was done
through here in the West and as i said i know for
certain of one £40,000 bet at about 7-1. So could
well be a big bonus in place or could just be
someone with too much money ?